Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Sounds weird that you can become totally immune to damage. There must be something else going on cause I seriously doubt any can be totally immune to damage or the game would be pointless. My guess is that there's a cap to damage reduction.
    It's short term stuff that can't be chained indefinitely. But you really should look at all class abilities, monks have an active ability that makes them immune for 3 seconds and a passive that prevents them from being killed once every x seconds. The wizard has 3 abilities when used together would allow them to take 5 hits(doesn't matter how hard) before they die, even if they were naked.

All classes have abilities that can reduce or prevent incoming damage. In D2 dmg reduction from gear was 75% pre 1.10 50% after . I suspect it will be somewhere around there. But resistances also include physical this time around and you can dodge aoe/spells too.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-05-12 at 04:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
    It's short term stuff that can't be chained. But you really should look at all class abilities, monks have an active ability that makes them immune for 3 seconds and a passive that prevents them from being killed once every x seconds. The wizard has 3 abilities when used together would allow them to take 5 hits(doesn't matter how hard) before they die, even if they were naked.

All classes have abilities that can reduce or prevent incoming damage. In D2 dmg reduction from gear was 75% pre 1.10 50% after . I suspect it will be somewhere around there. But resistances also include physical this time around and you can dodge aoe/spells too.
    Yea I know the abilities you are talking about, and I agree with you both Monks and Barbarians can reduce incoming damage by a lot but my question is: do all of those things stack, and stack past let's say 75% like it was in D2?

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Yea I know the abilities you are talking about, and I agree with you both Monks and Barbarians can reduce incoming damage by a lot but my question is: do all of those things stack, and stack past let's say 75% like it was in D2?
    It does but it's multiplicative. So say the barb is taking the hit he will mitigate 30% of all dmg for being melee, 65% from ignore pain, and 15% from dh sentry runed. So that's [1-(1 * 0.3) * (1-0.65) * (1-0.15)] * 100% = .9108 So you'd have 91% DR for the duration of ignore pain and not 30%+65%+15% = 110%
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-05-12 at 05:32 PM.

Because ridiculously over-stated monsters makes for enjoyable, fun gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    Because ridiculously over-stated monsters makes for enjoyable, fun gameplay.
    Yup it does and Im so excited because of it. Glad you agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
    It does but it's multiplicative. So say the barb is taking the hit he will mitigate 30% of all dmg for being melee, 65% from ignore pain, and 15% from dh sentry runed. So that's [1-(1 * 0.3) * (1-0.65) * (1-0.15)] * 100% = .9108 = 91% DR
    Hmm interesting. Only question remains whether or not there's a cap on Damage Reduction. 91% DR seems rather awesome.

Deleted
    could somebody please tell me what would be the fastest way to level? been in a group or playing solo?

Quote Originally Posted by jackieboy999 View Post
    could somebody please tell me what would be the fastest way to level? been in a group or playing solo?
    The fastest way to level, assuming all 4 people do equal or more dps than they would when solo, would be in a group. It's not until inferno that would change. You also open up things like having multiple people search for the next area. That would reduce your killing power but yield faster quest XP and exploration.

It is important to note that to gain XP from mobs other people kill you have to be within 1.5 screens. So you would need to stick together unless you were trying to advance to the next area and avoiding mobs.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-05-12 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Alcatraz- View Post
    Skeleton King Inferno health 15Millionx4 players = A very long time

Jeez <.<
    and what is a players dps? thats right we don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    and what is a players dps? thats right we don't know.
    We kind of do, there is an achievement to kill X boss within 2 minutes on inferno that boss has around 18mil hp, which would require 150k dps.. So I think it's safe to assume people would at the very least be capable of 70k dps. (More if there is not a mechanic in that fight which increases damage taken)