Deleted

Skipping orbital stations

I know I can skip the orbital stations from the planets surface to get back to my ship but is there a way to skip them when leaving my ship and going TO the planets surface. Sorry if this is really obvious.

Deleted
    No. Not yet.

I guess it is because people might miss quests that are on the orbital station, that you need for the quest arc.
    Hopefully they fix that in the future. At least you can use your mount there now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JackHeart View Post
    No. Not yet.

I guess it is because people might miss quests that are on the orbital station, that you need for the quest arc.
    Hopefully they fix that in the future. At least you can use your mount there now.

Thats cool thanks, would seem the easiest solution would be to move the quest givers to the planet beside the shuttle.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane101 View Post
    is there a way to skip them when leaving my ship and going TO the planets surface. Sorry if this is really obvious.
    god do i wish that was possible.

sadly no, just some terrible game planning/design. Not game breaking but increadibly infuriating if you think about how silly/unnecessary it is.

Orbital stations has to be one of the top stupidest/annoying/useless things in this game.

I wish very bad things on the idiot who decided they would be a good idea in the game. Even more worse things if any future expansions/planets include them.
    Last edited by Argroth; 2012-05-12 at 10:28 AM.

Just dumping the worthless 100 foot hallway would be nice. Oh look a load screen followed by a super fun walk then another load screen. I really wonder how bad the engine is that they needed to do that or how in the word they thought it added any fun to the game.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Just dumping the worthless 100 foot hallway would be nice. Oh look a load screen followed by a super fun walk then another load screen. I really wonder how bad the engine is that they needed to do that or how in the word they thought it added any fun to the game.
    I always thought it was more of an RP issue. Some of the planets have space ports on the surface that you can land in and go quest so its clearly not an engine issue. Not for a minute supporting the current status but thats my 2p

I always thought it was more of an RP issue. Some of the planets have space ports on the surface that you can land in and go quest so its clearly not an engine issue. Not for a minute supporting the current status but thats my 2p
    what planet is this. every planet i have gone to was always that damned spaceport. I mean if we OWN the damn planet whats the need of a spaceport. Other than Kass and Coruscant we have to go through the ports

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    what planet is this. every planet i have gone to was always that damned spaceport. I mean if we OWN the damn planet whats the need of a spaceport. Other than Kass and Coruscant we have to go through the ports
    Drummond Kass, Balmorra, Tatooine, Alderan, Nar Shada just to name a few

Quote Originally Posted by Deckon View Post
    It's a lore/RP issue. For planets that have a more permanent presence, regardless of faction, you will have a fully fledged spaceport capable of handling multitudes of interstellar travelers. However, for planets that lack that permanent presence, such as Taris, Voss, Korriban/Tython, Ilum, etc., it would make sense to have an orbital station capable of handling the myriad of ships and travelers, while offering a shuttle service to the planetary outpost proper on regular intervals. That's the designers intent, anyway.

Still doesn't make it an engaging game mechanic when there are enough loading screens as it is, however.

when exactly do we start seeing orbital stations? I'm already at lvl 30, and have yet to see one.

Ok, I dind't saw one on my first 2 planets (Hutta, Dromund Kaas) but after that I got my ship, and have gone to 4 different planets (Balmorra, Nar Shadaa, Tatooine, and Alderaan) and haven't had to use an orbital station at all.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Deckon View Post
    Balmorra does have a space station least for repub side cant remember imp side, i know bout DK but forgot bout tatooine and alderaan

---------- Post added 2012-05-12 at 04:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elgann View Post
    It's a lore/RP issue. For planets that have a more permanent presence, regardless of faction, you will have a fully fledged spaceport capable of handling multitudes of interstellar travelers. However, for planets that lack that permanent presence, such as Taris, Voss, Korriban/Tython, Ilum, etc., it would make sense to have an orbital station capable of handling the myriad of ships and travelers, while offering a shuttle service to the planetary outpost proper on regular intervals. That's the designers intent, anyway.

Still doesn't make it an engaging game mechanic when there are enough loading screens as it is, however.
    well i cant see this from a RP standpoint either, when reading the novels of ANY timeline you dont read about ships going to a space station THEN taking a shuttle down to planet UNLESS they are on a undercover mission.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    Balmorra does have a space station least for repub side cant remember imp side, i know bout DK but forgot bout tatooine and alderaan
    Imp side doesn't have a station because they control the 1 major city with the spaceport. Part of the whole "underground resistance" on the pubs parts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, the Orbital Stations serve as a reminder for me to buy the Fleet Passes for 1,000 credits.

The space station I can maybe see as some sort of way to set up the story on the planet. The air lock hallway on the other hand is just a complete waste of time. You leave your ship get a load screen, come out in an empty hallway walk 100 yards to another load screen to the actual space station. Remove that hallway and the experience is much better. Three load screens from the door of your ship to boots on the ground is a bit much. Its poor design and adds little to nothing to the game.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."