View Poll Results: How will you use RMAH?

Voters
200. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will use RMAH to buy items only.

1 0.50%
  • I will use RMAH to sell items only

110 55.00%
  • I will use RMAH for both buying and selling.

55 27.50%
  • I will not use RMAH for anything.

34 17.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I will definitely check it out and take it from there. I still don't feel like I have all the information I need, so I reserve my judgement until then.

For now I'd say: People all over the world spend money on what others consider a "stupid hobby" and that includes paying for expensive collectibles, Comic books, Tiffany lamps, porcelain dolls...hell, think of anything crazy and outrageous and ppl will collect it and pay money for it. Lots of it has no value - but for the collector. So what is so bad about a RMAH in a game? People pay for items in F2P games, people pay for items in WoW. People pay for bloody RINGTONES ^^

Just another facette.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

Kinda funny when you read the forums (here, diablofans and battle.net). Everyone expects to sell, no one talks about buying, and everyone thinks prices will be high.

That's not how markets work.

Selling. Tops. While I have nothing against RMAH-style optionals, I don't see any reason to use one. I mean, heck, I didn't even intend to get D3 before WoW Annual Pass was revealed!
    No plans to even try to make anything out of it, but if some day I happen to get an item that could be worth something, then maybe I'll just try it. Maybe I can "convert" that item(s) to some fancy WoW pet/mount from the Blizz Store.

Quote Originally Posted by Koeevu View Post
    Kinda funny when you read the forums (here, diablofans and battle.net). Everyone expects to sell, no one talks about buying, and everyone thinks prices will be high.

That's not how markets work.
    Thing is that true casuals are not the people who frequent video game forums, and they're the most likely to drop a few bucks here and there on foofoo stuff. I think the app stores and facebook have proven that well enough.

I fail to see how Facebook proves a point on your statement oplawlz, are there micro transactions in it that i'm not aware of it? Don't use it that much so i must have missed it.

Either way, people expecting to make cash out of Diablo 3 may need a reality check. Yes, some people might get a few bucks out of a very rare drop, or a lucky craft, but as a rule, sellers will vastly outnumber buyers.

The only ones really making $$ out of this are Blizzard and Paypal, except the lucky few that get those rare items.

i find it hilarious how ppls think the RMAH will be like WoWs AH with ppls undercutting eachother til the price is the lowest it can get, sure it will be on common things but dont expect tier 14 gems and the best possible combo and stats on any gear at max level will be undercutted much, becuase they will be extremely rare even with so many ppls playing

I am not going to use RMAH at all, because I'm your typical dickhead who haven't played a MMO other than WoW and think that buying and selling stuff is bad.

J/k. I am not going to use RMAH because Blizzard's cut is ridiculously big. Direct trading will be just as popular as it was in D2.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I fail to see how Facebook proves a point on your statement oplawlz, are there micro transactions in it that i'm not aware of it? Don't use it that much so i must have missed it.
    While FB does have their own "currency" (that can only be used in few games/apps), I think that oplawlz was referring to micro-transactions in FB games in general. And he's right about what he says.

Hardcore mode is the only mode worth playing and the RMAH isn't available there.

I'll use it but only for items which actually stand out such as higher-end Legendary items as opposed to what will likely be a flood of absolute junk for obscene prices in the initial rush.

Will I buy from it though? Probably not. Kind of defeats the purpose of the end game experience.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Sell items to bankroll MOP and MOP related things. Possibly try to cash out at like 30% loss if its worth it (like 150 or more on it)
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

3DS FC 0920-0769-4582 Trainer: SinR. Safari: Water. Wartortle/Octillery/Frogadier

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I has Beta. Woo.

Quote Originally Posted by Oratory View Post
    Hardcore mode is the only mode worth playing and the RMAH isn't available there.

WHAT? Can someone explain this type of restriction?
    That guy (>'.')>

How i would rate WoW Cinematics : WotLK>MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

Hell yea! My plans are to use RMAH as a second income. We'll see how much people pay for these items and how long it takes to MF now.

---------- Post added 2012-05-12 at 03:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deepsidedj View Post
    They don't want you to spend money on items that aren't permanent because once your character dies, they are gone forever.

Nothing can hold me back!

It's been said by Blizzard from the beginning that hardcore will have no real money AH, they don't want people whining about having lost items permanently (which will happen even though they are clearly forewarned) and I think I remember reading somewhere that there would be issues with gambling laws somewhere somehow.

edit: OT: I'll be using it for both if I find or want anything with my few softcore characters, probably won't be much though since my priority lies with hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by ikas6 View Post
    i find it hilarious how ppls think the RMAH will be like WoWs AH with ppls undercutting eachother til the price is the lowest it can get, sure it will be on common things but dont expect tier 14 gems and the best possible combo and stats on any gear at max level will be undercutted much, becuase they will be extremely rare even with so many ppls playing
    And how is that different from WoW? It's supply and demand. The more common items will be very cheap, the extremely rare items will be comparativly expensive. How expensive? Depends on how much people are willing to pay.

Supply and demand always work on any unregulated market. Unless blizz decides to regulate it (very unlikely as that would remove the whole point) or people start forming cartells (again, very unlikely) prices will be at right at the mix of how low people are willing to sell for, and how much people are willing to pay.

If I manage to make enough money for MOP I will be happy enough

Will you use Diablo3 RMAH?
    Most likely only for selling.

Of course might buy something depending on item and it's price.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    A transmogrification system revamp could be part of Patch 6.1 or 6.2, allowing you to build a collection of transmog items rather than storing them in your bank or Void Storage. It also may include tools to better manage multiple transmog sets.

if there is an item that i absolutely feel compelled to buy, i will probably get it.
    otherwise im gunna be chinafarming and posting that shit on the AH like mad.

Im planning to use it to sell items hoping to get atleast 10-20€ a week/month so i can buy some random game on steam

Most likely will never buy anything, but if I find something that I think/know will sell decently I will absolutely throw it up and make a couple bucks off it.