40k dps on Heroic Domo FL

so yesterday we did heroic domo and my dps was good for an alt but i want to know if i am doing things right or if i could be doing something better? so i could maybe bring out more dps.?

i open up with COE,demo soul with meta and then soul burn and felstorm,imm,BOD,Corr,Hand of Gul'dan and then immolation Aura and DoomGuard and then get the Felpupy out bc of soul burn. and spam SB until something need's to be refreshed and use Hand of Gul'dan on CD and the same go's with SOul burn and Demo soul and Meta.

anything i am doing wrong?

i would link log's but i cant bc i am a new member.
    also my toon is name Amedivh on the Gnomeregan Sever

Majordomo Staghelm is the ultimate example of:

"Dead = 0 DPS, hence standing out of the fire is the bigger concern compared to doing more DPS"

The less damage you take, the more you can do!

That is a pretty basic and correct Demonology rotation :P But may i recommend getting the talent "Molten Core" and only using Incinerate when it procs, as its faster and more powerful than shadow bolt.
    With Fire and Brimstone I light my path.
    With Pain and Shadow I smite my foes.
    With Demon and Fel I raise my armies.
    I AM WARLOCK, THE END OF YOU ALL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezoar View Post
    That is a pretty basic and correct Demonology rotation :P But may i recommend getting the talent "Molten Core" and only using Incinerate when it procs, as its faster and more powerful than shadow bolt.
    Seems like he has the single target spec so he should use Incinerate all the time instead of SB. Not going to go more in-depth with this though.
    But yeah 40k on HC Majordomo with that gear may be a bit low.

10+ Year Old Account
    Noticed you didn't mention corruption in your opener? >.> Beyond that and making sure you're using the correct filler & glyphs for your demo spec (shadowbolt w/ corruption glyph for the 0/31/10 spec, incinerate w/ incinerate glyph for the 3/31/7), people can't tell much else without a log. Which then leads to this belonging in the "Fix my dps" thread >.>

What are your group's fight tactics? (Slashes and Leaps). If you are, as I'm assuming, doing 0/7 then you should wait for a full bar before popping your cooldowns.

Also how do you use Demonic Circle: Teleport?

And you can ignore Paraclef's "contribution," what I was alluding to in my first post is that you will gain much, much more by maximizing uptime on Legendary Concentration (at most, you should lose it twice) than you possibly can by small amounts of opener/rotation min-maxing.
    Last edited by Inactivity; 2012-05-12 at 06:09 PM.

well i can't post log's bc sadly i cant post link's yet on this site bc i am new:-( yes i am using the demo teleport and i was not standing in fire, i am useing corr when it need's to be refresh and yes i am spaming SB and useing incinerate when it proc's
    Last edited by Ginofresh; 2012-05-12 at 09:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginofresh View Post
    well i can't post log's bc sadly i cant post link's yet on this site bc i am new:-( yes i am using the demo teleport and i was not standing in fire, i am useing corr when it need's to be refresh and yes i am spaming SB and useing incinerate when it proc's
    You can post part of the link, such as worldoflogs.com/reports/44nf4a9j3slk63qz/, or just /reports/44nf4a9j3slk63qz/ (We know how to type www. or at least what the domain name is.)

You're using the wrong filler for your spec. For the Incinerate spec, your current armory spec, which is 3/31/7, you use incinerate as your filler and never cast shadowbolt. And replace glyph of corruption for incinerate. It is the original spec, the Shadowbolt spec, 0/31/10, that you use SB as a filler and incinerate only when MC procs.

The fact you're not specced into Bane and yet casting shadowbolt as your filler is a pretty big loss itself.

Bored so I decided to look up his logs.
    Here is the link http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w...=10595&e=10931

Quote Originally Posted by Emenius View Post
    Here is the link http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w...=10595&e=10931
    40k is still not very high considering that a standstill fight should reward a bit more damage, but you are gutting your DPS by taking so many scythes, so you can't really compare yourself to most people (the standard tactic, from before nerfs and DS gear, was to take zero scythes and keep him in cat form most of the time).

Quote Originally Posted by Inactivity View Post
    40k is still not very high considering that a standstill fight should reward a bit more damage, but you are gutting your DPS by taking so many scythes, so you can't really compare yourself to most people (the standard tactic, from before nerfs and DS gear, was to take zero scythes and keep him in cat form most of the time).
    well in a lot of ds fight's i am always around 40k. but could i get more by maybe changing some thing's in my spec or changing what spell's i use frist and etc?

---------- Post added 2012-05-13 at 05:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Emenius View Post
    Here is the link worldoflogs.com/reports/war4kpvwsh2x54n7/details/153/?s=10595&e=10931
    ty so much!