Deleted

D3 gpu requirements

Hello.
    So I want to buy D3 on Tuesday, it will be my first Diablo game.
    Just wanted to ask if a NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 would be suitable for the game, and if so, how well?

Yes it's suitable but only for low settings. (As read on the first website you get when you type: nvidia geforce gt 220 diablo 3, in google).
    Specs: I5 3570K - GTX 670 - 8 gb ram
    My youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/user/aldrashan

Deleted
    Cool.
    Do you have any personal experience with the beta? i.e are the graphical differences between low/high quite distinguishable like they are in WoW?

Deleted
    You will run the game with that video card but most likely on low maybe some video option on medium but i sugest get something better if u wanna get the high graphic options for most fun.Yes i was in beta and i played on highest setting with my gt430 but it was having some fps drops time to time so u gotta need 5 series of nvidia for smooth play on highest options.

Deleted
    To be honest I'm not hugely concerned about playing at the highest quality graphics, perhaps some medium would be nice to see special effects and colours etc in a bit more light. As long as it runs smoothly I'm happy.

Deleted
    well i compared your video card with mine and i must admit that my gt430 is pretty low overall but yours is kinda 2x lower specifications so u will run smooth at low maybe but dont hope much on the medium settings.

Deleted
    I think you will be able to run it, but as many people said not on the highest settings. So yea, get a new graphic card. I don't know what's minimum for running it on highest, but I have a Geforce GTX 560 and when I played the beta I could run it without problems. And just don't buy a new graphic card. You got to make sure it fits in your computer and that your power supply provides enought power for it. If not, just buy a better power supply . I had the same graphic card as you before and when I when I took it out to put in the new one I saw that the dirfference in size bewteen them was very big. It's simply like this: The better graphic card you get, the bigger they are and the more power the require.

Deleted
    Ok perhaps I will get a new card.
    Thanks for all the responses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dayglo View Post
    Hello.
    So I want to buy D3 on Tuesday, it will be my first Diablo game.
    Just wanted to ask if a NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 would be suitable for the game, and if so, how well?
    Check these 2 sites:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...mark,3195.html

http://www.gamespot.com/features/get...eGettingReadyF

I played the beta on a 19" screen (1024x1280 resolution) on medium settings and shadows turned off with a GeForce 8600M GT. This video card is about 4-5 years older than yours. It's also a laptop version, so the power is even lower than the desktop version would be. I usually had decent frame rates except in big big fights, where I had some stutter.

With your video card you should have no problems playing on at least medium settings across the board, even on a 23" screen. I'm assuming this from my experience with computers. The game looks good, but it doesn't use any incredible graphic effects that have never been seen before. I think Starcraft 2 has higher graphics settings than D3.

In conclusion, you'll be able to enjoy a smooth game on at least medium. Biggest resource eaters are shadows and 4x and higher Anti-aliasing.

Deleted
    The BETA wasnt optimized.

Blizzard said that the Retail version will be better optimized. I had FPS issues in the beta with my GTX 580 at 900mhz (Stock 795), AMD 965 3.8ghz and 8gb ram. Sometimes the fps would just drop during combat to 1 and jump back up again..

But its just something you'll have to wait and see. You'll most likely be able to play Low graphics, but who knows.. maybe you'll get to have higher than that