Trackpad hatred and can't play with mouse.

I keep getting a lot of hatred for the fact hat I play with a track pad. As long as I've been gaming I've always played with one. Being able to hit all the keys on the keyboard while only having to slightly move my thumb is easier for me than a mouse off to he side of my keyboard.

My hard drive in my laptop died last week though. I am forced to play with a real muse now, and can't do it. I struggle so bad. My wrist hurts, My coordination is off, and the scrolling and smoothness that I experienced with my trackpad s non-existant on this computer. Does anyone have any tips to help me get back to where I was with a track pad? I've tried ajusting mose sensitivity and scroll speed and just about anything else I can think of. I just can not get in the jist of using a real mouse and it's pissingme off because I have n other option right now.

Sorry for the typos, I'm also nt used to the depth at which a real keyboard must be pushedto be triggered.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

My friend used to play games (not LoL though) using his laptop's trackpad until recently when he switched to a mouse, i'll call him and get back to you.

Well according to him it's all about practice, after two weeks he's almost perfectly used to the mouse and the results are better than when he was using the trackpad (he does have an expensive Razer mouse though).
    Now about the keyboard, i'm sure there exists something like a laptop-style keyboard for a PC but it's definitely not meant for gaming and you will break its QWER keys if you try to play LoL on it, so my advice is stick with a proper gaming keyboard and just get used to it.
    Last edited by thoukaia; 2012-05-12 at 10:49 AM.

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia View Post
    My friend used to play games (not LoL though) using his laptop's trackpad until recently when he switched to a mouse, i'll call him and get back to you.
    than you. Using the normal keyboard is also causing me to miss spells as I am so used to barely touching my laptop keys and the spell I want triggering. I'm trying to see if there is a laptop style keyboard for a PC
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

The Mac wireless keyboard is sort of Laptop-ish? Compressed size and all.
    And you can also get a TrackPad for Mac

Yes yes, I know you have a PC, but I only showed these to give you some hope...I'm sure you can find PC equivalents, no?
    Then again...both these items are, as far as I know, bluetooth compatible, so maybe they even work on a PC?

Pictures :

Deleted
    Try just running around in bot games with your normal mouse. Using a mouse is probably alot better when you get used to it.

Stick with it and maybe find a gaming pad you can use instead of a regular keyboard. Maybe something like;

http://www.amazon.com/Cyber-Snipa-Ga...uct/B000MV2BBS

Once you get used to both you won't go back. Friend of mine used to swear up and down with the same thing about using a controller. Now he can't go back.

Real pros play with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I've seen people play with a trackpad and when they switch to a mouse they improve a lot. It's just not meant for gaming. You have made it work this far, so power to you, but as soon as you get used to a mouse your gameplay will improve in ways you didn't expect.