Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    How do DH survive?

    Maybe I just suck... I don't know how all these top DH are soloing 60+ GR.. Hell.. I can't even do anything higher than 40 without getting 1 shot. lol

  2. #2
    Scarab Lord Adoxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Mardum, the Shattered Abyss
    Posts
    4,742
    You answered your own question.
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Maybe I just suck...
    Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2016-01-12 at 07:13 AM.

  3. #3
    Thanks for the helpful reply Adoxe, classy.

    AdrianCC100 its no secret DH can't really take a hit for shit. In particular elemental attacks due to the normally very low resistances you have on DH. Because our main stat dex gives armor instead of having elemental resistance which intell gets. And also because naturally as DH you stack all your stats for as much damage as possible.

    My advice is keep practising kiting and hit and run style of play. Learn how to effectively Vault and position yourself. And learning particular difficult mobs move set so you learn their animation and dodge em or if its GR pushing just skip the pack all together.

    DH have finally been given some toughness buffs for 2.4 with UE getting 60% dr and using wraps of clarity bracer its helps a bit. Also Marauder set got a new belt that is massive toughness boost. Using esoteric alteration as a third legendary gem is also a worthy shout, because as I said your main problems with DH is either thunderstorm tick or jailer tick which is arcane damage. All phyiscal attacks you should be dodging and kiting with your slow effect. Also if you're running UE esoteric helps a tonne with reflect mobs because reflect damage works on your elemental attack now.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Thanks for the helpful reply Adoxe, classy.

    AdrianCC100 its no secret DH can't really take a hit for shit. In particular elemental attacks due to the normally very low resistances you have on DH. Because our main stat dex gives armor instead of having elemental resistance which intell gets. And also because naturally as DH you stack all your stats for as much damage as possible.

    My advice is keep practising kiting and hit and run style of play. Learn how to effectively Vault and position yourself. And learning particular difficult mobs move set so you learn their animation and dodge em or if its GR pushing just skip the pack all together.

    DH have finally been given some toughness buffs for 2.4 with UE getting 60% dr and using wraps of clarity bracer its helps a bit. Also Marauder set got a new belt that is massive toughness boost. Using esoteric alteration as a third legendary gem is also a worthy shout, because as I said your main problems with DH is either thunderstorm tick or jailer tick which is arcane damage. All phyiscal attacks you should be dodging and kiting with your slow effect. Also if you're running UE esoteric helps a tonne with reflect mobs because reflect damage works on your elemental attack now.
    Thanks. I have a hard time seeing those little tiny fire circles or sometimes a random ranged auto-attack will one shot me.

  5. #5
    Moderator Kerdoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Troxhammar, Sweden
    Posts
    10,102
    Would be alot easier to know what build you are going and see your gear.

    Moderator in:
    Cinema / Tv Shows / Music / Books
    Overwatch
    Heroes of the Storm


  6. #6
    As RobertoCarlos already said, DH finally got some more off-pieces centered about defense. But they didn't cover them all. Elusive Ring is a new ring that gives you 60% DR for few seconds after Vault, Smoke Screen or Shadow Power. It's especially good on Shadow's Mantle set. I don't think the permanent Shadow Power the 4P bonus gives triggers the effect, but there's a belt for the set that makes your Vault effectively cost nothing forever. The ring is also good on Danetta set since you also Vault forever with it as well. For other builds you can combine it with Shadow Power's Gloom rune that gives Shadow Power 35% DR. The two bonuses at the same time make for a nice "oh shit" button.

    Another new defensive item is Visage of Gunes helm, that gives Vengeance the Dark Heart rune, which gives you 50% DR. With new effect on Dawn it's very easy to keep Vengeance forever (and it now provides 40% increased damage as a base effect in addition to the guns and rockets). 2 sets outright boost Vengeance damage, so it's good to use it with those, but you could always utilize it in other sets if you so desire.

    As for the Marauder belt (Zoey's Secret), it gets even better when you cube Cloak of Garwulf. It only provides two extra wolves, but it actually doubles your toughness when you have the belt on. For Natalya's with Strafe or Rapid Fire you can use Mantle of Channeling, which gives you 25% DR when channeling these abilities (especially since Natalya's has no shoulder slot and legendary shoulders are generally lacking). Also with Strafe, if you're still feeling squishy, you could use the reworked Endless Walk set (ring+neck) for the 50% DR bonus it provides when you're moving (since you're moving around all the time in that build). In builds that make you use almost no resources you could use the reworked Aquila's Cuiras for 50% DR when you're above 90% primary resource.

    On top of all of that, Natalya's and Unhallowed sets provide 60% DR (I think both got slightly buffed here) and Shadow's Mantle set provides 35% DR via eternal Shadow Power. And all sets can utilize the bracers that give you 35% DR after using a generator. DHs can be really, really tanky comes 2.4.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-01-11 at 02:29 PM.
    Lords of Irony:
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Frankly, I am really tired of people who think they've figured out the world and deem everyone disagreeing with them "objectively wrong". Such a waste of time talking to them...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    You're wrong and you're insulting me in unimaginable way. You're a vile, twisted liar.

  7. #7
    Over 9000! Puupi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    9,467
    What's sukisuki about DH is that dawn+visage are pretty much mandatory for all specs.

  8. #8
    DH were pretty squishy until 2.4 - all sets had their damage reduction buffed, and as Puupi said dawn + visage of gunes is an extremely good combo. Also we get other different items (like elusive ring) which again boost the damage reduction even more.

  9. #9
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/G.../hero/67034645

    There is my profile. Anyway.. I decided to work on my WD instead. I guess mainly because it suits me more.. With the WD ability to avoid all damage for a few seconds.. It resets really fast when you're fighting.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/G.../hero/67034645

    There is my profile. Anyway.. I decided to work on my WD instead. I guess mainly because it suits me more.. With the WD ability to avoid all damage for a few seconds.. It resets really fast when you're fighting.
    Well few things I would change on your DH would see a pretty big boost to toughness straight away.

    - Need ancient set pieces for gloves, Chest, and legs. With Vit on gloves instead of resource reduce. And Vit on legs instead of entanglement %.
    - Chest also needs Vit instead of life %
    - Shoulders need life % instead of armor.
    - I'd get rid of the Topaz in helm, magic find is largely useless.
    - Need Ancient weapon, and should have rolled damage range not resource cost reduction
    - Missing preparation skill with invigoration rune for more Discipline to boost UE set damage.
    - I'd also personally change leech to awareness.
    - Need better quiver, don't reroll to socket, quiver is too important stat stick

    And you really need +disc secondary with chest piece, quiver and weapon and sadly only your weapon does. Each point of Disc boosts your damage with UE.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2016-01-12 at 02:13 AM.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Well few things I would change on your DH would see a pretty big boost to toughness straight away.

    - Need ancient set pieces for gloves, Chest, and legs. With Vit on gloves instead of resource reduce. And Vit on legs instead of entanglement %.
    - Chest also needs Vit instead of life %
    - Shoulders need life % instead of armor.
    - I'd get rid of the Topaz in helm, magic find is largely useless.
    - Need Ancient weapon, and should have rolled damage range not resource cost reduction
    - Missing preparation skill with invigoration rune for more Discipline to boost UE set damage.
    - I'd also personally change leech to awareness.
    - Need better quiver, don't reroll to socket, quiver is too important stat stick

    And you really need +disc secondary with chest piece, quiver and weapon and sadly only your weapon does. Each point of Disc boosts your damage with UE.
    So what you're saying is.. My gear is poop? =D Thanks for the tips.

    Should I invest some paragon points in Vitality?
    Last edited by AdrianCC100; 2016-01-12 at 02:22 PM.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    So what you're saying is.. My gear is poop? =D Thanks for the tips.

    Should I invest some paragon points in Vitality?
    Its not bad I'm just not surprised you're having trouble surviving with that set up, because your health is way to low. you can defiantly farm up the pieces you need without too much effort, except for ancient weapon and quiver. Pray to your RNG gods for that. And gl with WD if you prefer that.

    No paragon points for DH is getting your movement speed to max (remember 25% is cap, so if you have some on boots you only top up your paragon to make it 25% then just dump everything else on Dex.)

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/G.../hero/67034645

    There is my profile. Anyway.. I decided to work on my WD instead. I guess mainly because it suits me more.. With the WD ability to avoid all damage for a few seconds.. It resets really fast when you're fighting.
    your gear isnt bad, isnt great though, UE dhs no longer have hatred issues, but they use different stat weights
    you want 8% cdr from shoulders
    12.5% cdr from diamond gem in helm
    10% from paragon
    and i think 8%cdr on gloves or 8% cdr on quiver, either that or vitality
    your total CDR/cooldown reduction should read around 33%
    cube visage of gunes as armor slot, cube dawn as wep slot

    remove leech for awareness, life per hit is nice but it wont help you from taking a 300k hit or being 1shot.

    your chest and quiver should have discipline as a secondary stat too, and weapon (12+12+12=36 extra disc + 20 from invigoration=86 total
    discipline adds extra damage

    on your legs remove entangling arrow dmg for vitality. thats an extra 450+

    for skills you want to remove calitrops for vengeance seethe. your cubed helm will add 50% DR as well, and vengeance with 33% total cdr is on all the time thanks to dawn cubed.

    for paragon points you could do an extra 25 hatred but its usually not needed, just dump movement speed to 25% and the rest into dex.
    as for other stats you want to aim for 50% crit rate/ 500% crit dmg, higher is better too but 50/500 is ideal. more is always better though, personally i like to max either atk speed or crit chance last depending on my crit chance.

    area dmg maxed then rcr, then life per hit, then goldfind.

    remember to now keep vengeance off cooldown all the time, its really fun too running around with extra rockets flying around.
    Last edited by announced; 2016-01-13 at 09:42 AM.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    your gear isnt bad, isnt great though, UE dhs no longer have hatred issues, but they use different stat weights
    you want 8% cdr from shoulders
    12.5% cdr from diamond gem in helm
    10% from paragon
    and i think 8%cdr on gloves or 8% cdr on quiver, either that or vitality
    your total CDR/cooldown reduction should read around 33%
    cube visage of gunes as armor slot, cube dawn as wep slot

    remove leech for awareness, life per hit is nice but it wont help you from taking a 300k hit or being 1shot.

    your chest and quiver should have discipline as a secondary stat too, and weapon (12+12+12=36 extra disc + 20 from invigoration=86 total
    discipline adds extra damage

    on your legs remove entangling arrow dmg for vitality. thats an extra 450+

    for skills you want to remove calitrops for vengeance seethe. your cubed helm will add 50% DR as well, and vengeance with 33% total cdr is on all the time thanks to dawn cubed.

    for paragon points you could do an extra 25 hatred but its usually not needed, just dump movement speed to 25% and the rest into dex.
    as for other stats you want to aim for 50% crit rate/ 500% crit dmg, higher is better too but 50/500 is ideal. more is always better though, personally i like to max either atk speed or crit chance last depending on my crit chance.

    area dmg maxed then rcr, then life per hit, then goldfind.

    remember to now keep vengeance off cooldown all the time, its really fun too running around with extra rockets flying around.
    I am able to now solo GR60 because I cube Dawn and that helm. I probably can do higher, but I am overall happy I can get past level first GR level of T10. LOL

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I am able to now solo GR60 because I cube Dawn and that helm. I probably can do higher, but I am overall happy I can get past level first GR level of T10. LOL
    I freaking hate this tbh. They made Dawn+Gunes+vengeance a must have for any build basically - too much stuff on a single skill (and all classes have the same like perma Berserker Rage or perma CoA for crus).

    Plus a a side effect your mogged gear is basically invisible, and i don't like this.

    These CDs should be CDs, and not having the class balanced on 100% uptime on them. Wizard/WD doesn't have them (Wiz had a themed Archon set but that's it) and it just feels better imho.

  16. #16
    I agree cooldowns like Vengence feel off when they are 100% uptime Coldkil, but to be fair there never has been much selection with the cube in the first place. And cindercoat is still rating higher than Gunes at the very top.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I agree cooldowns like Vengence feel off when they are 100% uptime Coldkil, but to be fair there never has been much selection with the cube in the first place. And cindercoat is still rating higher than Gunes at the very top.
    I assume you're talking about UE - Gunes may be ranking lower, but it's a side effect due to the fact that you can run directly Dark Heart and get RCR from Cindercoat instead of hatred regen via Seethe.

    Basically two different approches for the same result more or less.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I assume you're talking about UE - Gunes may be ranking lower, but it's a side effect due to the fact that you can run directly Dark Heart and get RCR from Cindercoat instead of hatred regen via Seethe.

    Basically two different approches for the same result more or less.
    cindercoat isnt useful anymore as far as i know. if its cubed you get RCR but no fire dmg added, if its not cubed you have to wear Ring of royal grandeur which means no convention of the elements.

    as annoying as it is to have mandatory items, there are some things you just cant do without for high grifts or torments.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    cindercoat isnt useful anymore as far as i know. if its cubed you get RCR but no fire dmg added, if its not cubed you have to wear Ring of royal grandeur which means no convention of the elements.

    as annoying as it is to have mandatory items, there are some things you just cant do without for high grifts or torments.
    I don't use Gunes anymore in the cube. I went back to Cindercoat.. I'm running out of hatred way too fast and losing stacks of teaguk too easily because I have to use my hatred generator more often than before. As matter of fact, I don't have any defensive passives.. I went full glass cannon and can easily solo GR65 right now. I could probably do higher GR, but right now I'm content with 65.

    My profile hasn't updated yet.. But you can see better what I am doing.. I'm not quite at 100% up time on Vengeance yet.. Was thinking about possibly cubing a cool down gem into my helmet once I get an ancient one. Or maybe hoping for a better roll on my gloves so I can re cool down reduction.

    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/G.../hero/67034645
    Last edited by AdrianCC100; 2016-01-16 at 06:19 PM.

  20. #20
    dhs are tankier than ever now

    with zoey's secret, wraps of clarity, that damage reduction ring, the helm that gives you the DR reduce vengeance rune etc.

    it's not that hard to survive at all

    just get used to stutter stepping and using vault well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •