Thread: Is it hard?

10+ Year Old Account

Question Is it hard?

Hello all,
    I will receive D3 via annual pass, and i'm curious about its difficulty. Is it a hard game, i have been playing wow for 5+ years and havent played any game like d3. Will it be easy to learn and adapt or do i need extra manuals and guides for succession?
    Last edited by xilla; 2012-05-12 at 01:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The basics are Point and click - It'll be enough through out the normal difficulty.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    It's very easy to learn, you wont need any manuals or guides.

Deleted
    Not a direct quote but the developers have stated that they wanted Diablo 3 to be easy to pick up. I think "we wanted to make it so your grandma could play it" was used at somepoint. So in terms of general gameplay, there shouldn't be too steep a learning curve for a WoW player (or any gamer for that matter).

Now if we talk about level/monster difficulty, that's a whole different kettle of fish! The game will have 4 difficulty modes: Normal, Nightmare, Hell and Inferno. These modes scale pretty much as you would expect until you hit Inferno, which is designed to offer an almost impossible challenge with enormous reward to even the most seasoned of players.

All in all, you'd be crazy not to give it a go if you've got the annual pass. On another note, do not buy a guide for Diablo 3, it's an absolute waste of money when you have Google sitting right there.

Diablo is the easiest (to learn) and most straightforward Action RPG series there is.
    WoW is much more complex.
    Last edited by TaurenNinja; 2012-05-12 at 01:06 PM.

I believe the right answer would be:

Easy to learn, difficult to master.

Shaman - Hunter - Monk - Druid - Warlock - DK - another Shaman - one more Shaman

10+ Year Old Account
    ah i see then. that was my concern. thanks for the replies. i will go and roll a witch doctor on normal difficulty ^^

Like Vicey said there will be different difficulty levels. Normal will be the first which is meant for most players to start learning and understanding the game, while the vets will blow past this stage. IMO It will be very easy to pick up and play. As you progress through the difficulties it will get more and more challenging if you are looking for a game that gets harder. You have the annual pass it's free I would give it a shot its a really fun game once you get the hang of it and the story line itself is very good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xilla View Post
    Hello all,
    I will receive D3 via annual pass, and i'm curious about its difficulty. Is it a hard game, i have been playing wow for 5+ years and havent played any game like d3. Will it be easy to learn and adapt or do i need extra manuals and guides for succession?
    Diablo style is easy to learn. Still that doesnt mean the game in its essence is easy to complete.
    There are tons of skills combinations. On normal mode u might just want to use the good looking ones and have some laughs killing packs of mobs but on the later difficulties u will be required to sort the proper abilities to use in different situations. On these very same hard modes there is a lot of strategy going on and it gets really hard to overcome the enemys so besides a proper strategic aproach u will also need a lot of patience.

As i said there are tons of abilities u can choose. 1 for the RM, 1 for the LMB and 4 on the keyboard and 3 passive abilities.

Explore the skills u can use.
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian ( or any other class)

Check this video:

Dont listen to anyone saying the game is easy after they only experienced a small part of D3 in normal during the beta.
    These will be the first people whinning about D3 being too hard and demanding a nerf because "they want to see the content".

Anyway the best for you is just to try the game and complete it on normal. For many players D3 only starts on Nightmare or Hell mode ultimately to be ready for the real deal that is the Inferno mode.

An interesting fact: Blizz strike teams havent managed to beat the game in Inferno mode and guess what they did? They doubled the difficulty
    Last edited by mmoc01d4565ecb; 2012-05-12 at 01:39 PM.