Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know Royce da 5'9 I hang out with him whenever he's in town and slaughter house, charlie wilson (singer)

10+ Year Old Account
    Not personally but my mate's aunt is next door neighbour to Rolf Harris.

One of my close friends growing up was the son of the original drummer for The Eagles. He passed away in a car accident a few months before they became famous(not sure if that counts then).

Lets see...I know the guys from We The Kings. They're from the town in Florida I live in, and people used to think the frontman was my older brother(because we both have red hair, though past that we don't look a whole lot alike). Also used to hang with the guys from Underoath through a friend of mine.

I think the MOST famous people I know are probably the guys from Judas Priest. My mom grew up with Rob Halford and met them a few times when they were in the States.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Retributed View Post
    One of my close friends growing up was the son of the original drummer for The Eagles. He passed away in a car accident a few months before they became famous(not sure if that counts then).

Lets see...I know the guys from We The Kings. They're from the town in Florida I live in, and people used to think the frontman was my older brother(because we both have red hair, though past that we don't look a whole lot alike). Also used to hang with the guys from Underoath through a friend of mine.

I think the MOST famous people I know are probably the guys from Judas Priest. My mom grew up with Rob Halford and met them a few times when they were in the States.
    Travis is a pretty awesome guy haha.

Him and Danny are like joined at the hip.

Quote Originally Posted by Osyrus View Post
    from a fellow Bostonian and waaf listener ' way to go kid' !
    Yep, if you are an 'aaf listener, my wife has been involved with the show for quite some time as well.

I normally just do the Walk & Rock / Skate the State phone center stuff every year, so chances are if you call, you will get one of us.

I had a beer with Dave Grohl some years ago, and was lucky enough to meet Keith Richards when I was youger (although I didn't knew who he was at that time lol)

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    If anyone knows who Chris Volstad is (the Baseball player) I had his sister for my math teacher in High School, and I think he came by one day. Don't realy know him but seen him up in person.

Deleted
    Used to be close buddies with the bassist from a local metal band in the UK called Uncle Rotter, but that was back before they got known so now he's all over the show giggin' \m/ \m/

10+ Year Old Account
    Due to my previous internship I got to meet a lot of Musicians while working at Much Music: Wolfmother, Alice in Chains, Simian, Hum, Modest Mouse, Against me!, are some of the bigger ones I've met. Only person I didn't meet through a job was Danny Briere of the Flyers, awesome guy.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    Grew up with Frankie Edgar and his wife.
    Woah, awesome! I'd let him punch and slam me all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. When you work for NBC Universal, you tend to be around them a lot.

Alas no, not really.

I've met some famous people or spent short amounts of time with them, but I can't really claim to "know" them. A couple of actors, a few who became pro athletes.

Hrmm...define 'famous'

I have autographs of, and pictures of me with the Mahovolich's (yes, I'm THAT old ) from when my uncle worked with one of the family at CIL in Montreal. Really great guys.

I know most of the skaters from the 80's/90's I used to train with Orser and Stojko. Judged Jeffrey Buttle when he was young. However that was long ago - nearly another lifetime ago !

Deleted
    I talk to somebody famous all the time. He is known as....God.

I'm a direct decedent of Ulysses S. Grant, the 18th president of the United States. I wouldn't say that counts, though.

Deleted
    i use know Tim Wonnacot, use to present bargain hunt on BBC1!! yeah... i dont know any actual celebs :P

---------- Post added 2012-05-12 at 09:03 PM ----------

ive met a few famous people though, Robbie williams had a holiday house near me, saw him once, also saw (well kinda) one of the princes, think it was harry, the younger one, he came to a petrol station when i was inside, but he didnt get out the car
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2012-05-12 at 08:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Styx once played a concert in my 60 acre backyard with a full orchestra. My neighbor was best friends with their booking agent. Does that count?

nope but i was once accosted on a train by a woman who insisted i was "that girl on that one show" and would not believe me when i promised her i wasnt. so to one lady in the world, i AM the famous person xD
    Last edited by hellosaltygoodness; 2012-05-12 at 09:14 PM.

Deleted
    Not personally, but my sister knows John Hurt's son, my play director last summer was Karen Gilliams acting tutor (Amy Pond from Dr Who), and Patrick Stewart called me a cute baby about 20 years ago when my dad was in a café drinking coffee and he came over to borrow sugar and started chatting