Pre-order region costs [outside of the US]

SO, i was looking at buying a pre-order digital copy of D3 for my brother, i was told but alot of people that the cost is $60usd [i live in New Zealand, but play wow with alot of americans] so i go and get ready to purchase it only to find that for the 1st time ever i have to pay $80AUD 1aud = 1.01usd which in turn costs $103nzd with the exchange rate. were as if like with every other game they have avail i could pay USD[$60] is would only cost me $76NZD ... i dont see how they can get off with charging $20 more for an identical "Digital" copy - its not a huge amount but i feel ripped off.

there's no import costs / taxes etc so why apart from being greedy bastards.

in nz instore costs are ridiculously high as well

Reg. $119.99[$93.50usd][cheapest ive seen] - $139.99[109.50usd]
    CE. $199.99[$156.90usd][Cheapest] - $220[172.50usd]

Amazon.com

Reg - $59.99usd
    CE - $99usd

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure the pricing of the digital copy before the actual launch is intentionally high for a few reasons; firstly, it's highly likely they've made deals with retailers, and to ensure people fall back on cheaper hard copies, the price is jacked up. Secondly, pretty sure it's to make money, which is the sole purpose of any company, so you can't really fault them for that. It's not charity.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the digital price went down to hardcopy levels after launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I'm pretty sure the pricing of the digital copy before the actual launch is intentionally high for a few reasons; firstly, it's highly likely they've made deals with retailers, and to ensure people fall back on cheaper hard copies, the price is jacked up. Secondly, pretty sure it's to make money, which is the sole purpose of any company, so you can't really fault them for that. It's not charity.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the digital price went down to hardcopy levels after launch.

.... DIGITAL copys should be cheaper from the get go ... no shipping / packaging etc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xcentrik View Post
    DIGITAL copys should be cheaper from the get go ... no shipping / packaging etc
    Yes, well, look at what I said.