Roles in Inferno and a few other questions

So I cant wait to play through Diablo 3 and have been avoiding alot of info on it because i want it to be one of those brand new games for me. But I do have a few questions if people can answer them it would be awesome.

1. I've been seeing alot of people say monks will be healers in inferno, I was going to play a monk but god I hate healing I dont find it entertaining to the least bit so, can monks do somethign besides healing in inferno? tank or dps?

2. What role will each class most likely play in inferno.

3. Does death in Inferno lose you xp like it did in Hell mode in Diablo?

4. How fast are you goign to be able to go through normal mode? (I took a week off work to play 24/7 already got my dinners and talked to my wife about it)

5. I raid in wow and we have a pretty solid group that we will be doing some sort of infernos with, should we try to avoid class stacking?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1) Monks are DPS, They can heal that has a rather CD obviously. They don't fully heal like literally, It's more of a defensive tech

2) Pure survival meaning tank like

3) No only durability costing gold

4) Very very fast assuming

5) No you don't class stack.

Deleted
    1. I've been seeing alot of people say monks will be healers in inferno, I was going to play a monk but god I hate healing I dont find it entertaining to the least bit so, can monks do somethign besides healing in inferno? tank or dps?

Monks have the most healing abilities but all classes have quite a few ways of self healing at least. Monk doesn't need to take any of their target-healing abilities, and the heals are purely there as a support option. Monks can be DPS, or you can have a defensive build, or a hybrid of DPS, Tank or Heal as you like.

2. What role will each class most likely play in inferno.

Personally I think pretty much everything will play a DPS role with survivability/cc skills. It's not really like WoW where people have "roles" in the same way.

3. Does death in Inferno lose you xp like it did in Hell mode in Diablo?

Nope. You never lose anything from death in softcore other than gold for repair costs.

4. How fast are you goign to be able to go through normal mode? (I took a week off work to play 24/7 already got my dinners and talked to my wife about it)

No one knows... but I'm pretty sure that a week off work playing 24/7 will complete normal mode myself.

5. I raid in wow and we have a pretty solid group that we will be doing some sort of infernos with, should we try to avoid class stacking?

Not sure as it matters that much. I'd say people should play what's fun.

1. thats good news I hoped they werent taking diablo into a WoW direction

2. Same as 1

3. Damn I miss their being a reason to not want to die, I'm gold capped in WoW im sure ill end up getting stupid rich on the AH

4. good news

5. hrm have to see what everyone else is playing then