Thread: Firewall

Firewall

Hey everyone

Just another person here with the infamous firewall problem. I originally port forwarded my windows firewall and router, didn't work. I then Shut them completely off, still didn't work. It's happening with both of my computers I play LoL on. The only other thing I can imagine is that it's my Security Essentials I use on both of the computers. Although, I researched it and the Microsoft website says there is no firewall with SE, it uses the Windows Firewall. Not sure what it could be. Does anyone have a fix? Because at the moment, I pick my character and as the game is about to start, I have to wait for the error message TWO times before I can start the game and by that time everyone is already in position. If if is SE, does anyone have an alternative to SE other than AVG?

---------- Post added 2012-05-12 at 06:34 PM ----------

Bump, could REALLY use some help.

Bump.
    Same shit is happening to me.

Okay, I just uninstalled my Security Essentials, meaning I have no Windows Firewall, no Router Firewall, and no Anti-Virus Firewall, joined a game, boom, hit me again with the firewall error. I don't know what else I can do...

https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...-configuration

I just Google'd and found this. Dunno if it'll help or not, so sorry about that. But I hope it will.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...-configuration

I just Google'd and found this. Dunno if it'll help or not, so sorry about that. But I hope it will.
    I did all of that already... Literally, every single thing on that list and it won't work >.<

Ok, then I'm stumped. I woulda looked further into it on Google, but it's almost 5 am and I ought to get to bed.

I did have a look at the official LoL forums, but it's mostly filled with people whining at Riot for lots of things... like usual. The firewall error problem seems to be a hard problem to solve.

Okay, well I appreciate your help. Good night

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whyumadbro View Post
    Okay, well I appreciate your help. Good night
    Same this happens to me, but only when I'm using my home wireless. I blame the ISP, since it clearly isn't anything else (and yes, I have Security Essentials).

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Same this happens to me, but only when I'm using my home wireless. I blame the ISP, since it clearly isn't anything else (and yes, I have Security Essentials).
    Oh great, so it could be Verizon's fault -_- Just one more thing I can add to the list of crappy service they provide me with.

Deleted
    Might be worth trying to reinstall League of Legends.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    Might be worth trying to reinstall League of Legends.
    I did a repair first, didn't fix it. I uninstalled and reinstalled, still not working.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whyumadbro View Post
    Oh great, so it could be Verizon's fault -_- Just one more thing I can add to the list of crappy service they provide me with.
    Ah, so you have shitty Verizon Internet too. Definitely the ISP then. Just another reason to jump on my parents to switch to a better Internet provider.

Yup, well this is just great. I guess this is where my efforts stop, because I don't feel like spending 45 minutes on the phone talking to a foreigner that I can barely understand, as he walks me step-by-step though each process that I've already done, JUST for him to tell me that the problem is on my end. Thanks for the help everyone.