Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyky View Post
    So fist of all they need to see if ppl are interested IN and they add RMAH to WoW = bye bye "gold sellers" (They will be selling gold to RMAH = money for Blizzard.
    I agree. I feel this is the stair step to a RMAH or RM system of some kind in WoW. Not saying its coming in MoP, but it surely is a test bed mixed with the D3 RMAH. Maybe never in WoW, but I am imagining it in Titan out of the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by Idletime View Post
    ^ Dumbest casual comment here so far.
    Im to lazy to find that guys comment that you quoted and all that. Anyway i agree thats the stupidest comment. You put time and effort into killing a boss thats what? 5-6 tiers ago? Yeah.. Man that effort it takes me to go into trade spend 2mins saying TK Ashes run free roll. Spending the 4mins clearing trash while i mindlessly press 2 buttons. Then spend another 4minutes on a boss mindlessly pressing my buttons because hey, thats how much effort it actually needs.
    Their not prestigious if you get them AFTER the tier ended. Thats like saying, Hey guys, I killed lichking, 10expacs later past level 100, You see how prestigious i am for being able to kill something that i facerolled?
    Edit; Also i guarantee i would have spent more time making that gold then if someone went to farm that mount for a few months. Especially if i had someone else wanting to bid and get it as much as i wanted

I knew there was going to be a huge uproar about the mounts being obtainable through gold. It's actually pretty hilarious that people think zerging old bosses are hard and takes effort. All it takes is luck at this point. The good guilds know this, that's why they sell mounts and gear all the time while they are relevant to replenish their guild bank consumables so that they can use it next patch.

Also, I don't remember off the top of my head but you can have someone hold an 12/13 heroic instance to farm LK? If you can then it takes like 10 minutes for a regular group to rekill him every week. If you can't then it's another hour, a bit more with an unorganized group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy gold sink, Batman!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Patch XXX, WoW is now on Facebook! - Bored at work? Buy your way through the game in just minutes! So sad

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    I knew there was going to be a huge uproar about the mounts being obtainable through gold. It's actually pretty hilarious that people think zerging old bosses are hard and takes effort. All it takes is luck at this point.

Well, you are right. On the other hand: With most of those mounts it was luck right from the first day on. I can understand why lucky people don't want all others to have the same luck...that's human ego stuff. I can as well understand if someone that actually plays the game doesn't want to give cheaters(botters and gold buyers) the same stuff. Just the arguement that farming old instances needs more skill than making a million at the AH(without cheating) is flawed...cause it's not a question of skill or invested time...just merely in which part of the game you invest your time and very limited skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    my biggest problem with the whiners is that they cared how *rare* something was to begin with. that truly is ego. i personally either like the looks or not and base whether or not i want it on that. more and more mounts are being released which means less and less of a single mount being used IMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Facepalmer3 View Post
    At first I didn't like the idea because I liked having a mount no longer obtainable, then I thought about the "special snowflake" syndrome, and changed my views. Why shouldn't other's have the opportunity to enjoy these items as well. And they're rare things I would like , potentially, to purchase. Good Idea.
    What's wrong with being a special snowflake? People throw it around as if it was the greatest offense in the world. If anything special snowflakes provoke others to actually try to attain what they (special snowflakes) and as such make people play more. So what if Ashes of A'lar dont require skill but time to grind? What's wrong with grinding? If your playing WoW you are grinding be it simple leveling or doing same HC Madness encounter over and over and over agian.

I can kinda relate to those who are upset about Ashes being avaiable on Black AH. It's not about it being accesible or common or easier to buy the get. It's about principles... yes... gaming has them to despite it being "just a game". Belittling principles in "just a game lol, no need to take it seriously" has just as much sense as caring to actually type it, after all "it's just a game lol, why state the obvious?" or is it?

The principle about getting Ashes of A'lar revovle around vigilance and preservence to always come back there and keep trying. That was alright and as a matter of fact it tought people that persistence will reward you if you keep pushing untill you get what you want. What does this change does? You dont have to be persistant in anything, only thing you have to do is keep buying gold and then buy it from black AH without any effort.

Limited time rewards? Why bother. Wait few years untill it gets on Black AH lololololololol.

Awaiting for a derp herp response.

---------- Post added 2012-05-14 at 07:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Difuid View Post
    It is a needed gold sink.

Why can't "special snowflakes" be happy that everybody else will have a way to obtain the same things they have?
    Why cant common mudflakes be content with what they have and if they want more then they should go and get it?

---------- Post added 2012-05-14 at 08:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tycki View Post
    Farming trivialized content is as far from "earning" gear and items as buying it with gold is.

The bigger PvE players who managed to kill Kael'Thas during TBC (without the 30% nerf on everything) where rightfully dismayed due to the fact that the legendary status mount was brought down to yet another farmable.

Yet the people who mindlessly farm it now while having the stats of a raidboss themselves, feel like their "effort" is being devalued.

I'm sorry, but I don't think I will ever be able to sympathize with those people. The Kael'Thas fight was one of the most complex, unforgiving, high awareness fights of TBC. The mount was a legendary status symbol recognized from any place anywhere. Yet now the mindless farmers feel their mount is "earned" by farming it once a week?
    Yes... I find something more worthwhile when its earned/conquered then just buyed off.

Ask yourself what does sound more aspiring?
    Fighting your way to a reward?
    or just buying your reward?
    Last edited by mmocac96309fe0; 2012-05-14 at 08:02 AM.

T3 shoulders on an Auction House. What a joke of a game wow has become.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Ask yourself what does sound more aspiring?
    Fighting your way to a reward?
    or just buying your reward?
    I have lead for over 100 times a 3-4 people group to ashes hunt and I have seen it drop twice to a random newbie.... So to answer your "principles" question : Yes I would like to get a chance at buying it and if you can not understand my point of view, you can burn in hell or die trying to farm it for ever!

are you kidding, that is all for shamans?

lol a big LOL

I think a lot of people are missing the fact that this is a gold sink! Meaning it is made to take gold out of the economy. Think of Cataclysm, there were no real gold sinks except for the vile of the sands. So the amount of gold that people have is grossly inflated. With large amounts of gold being removed from the economy, gold will become more valuable, and worthwhile to those who do farm. Also, the price of gold on gold selling sites will skyrocket, causing fewer people to have access to it or want to do it. It's a good thing all in all trust me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Primus View Post
    I have lead for over 100 times a 3-4 people group to ashes hunt and I have seen it drop twice to a random newbie.... So to answer your "principles" question : Yes I would like to get a chance at buying it and if you can not understand my point of view, you can burn in hell or die trying to farm it for ever!
    At no point during those 100 runs or even before that have you had not thought: "hey! maybe it will be a good idea to go with friends or guildies who will help me get it and pass it to me if it drops". Really? Didnt thought of that at all?

2006/2007 - Malmsteen starts playing wow with a warlock

2009 - Lock got bored, started 7 other chars.

2,3 months ago...

*/me sees a video displaying an awesome demonology warlock tanking with crazy spells*

*/me falls in love and decides to play his lock again*

*/me makes lock the main char again*

Following 2 months of strait nerfs...

*Waiting for MoP... waiting for lock improvement... waiting for.... oh wait*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcbound View Post
    I think a lot of people are missing the fact that this is a gold sink! Meaning it is made to take gold out of the economy. Think of Cataclysm, there were no real gold sinks except for the vile of the sands. So the amount of gold that people have is grossly inflated. With large amounts of gold being removed from the economy, gold will become more valuable, and worthwhile to those who do farm. Also, the price of gold on gold selling sites will skyrocket, causing fewer people to have access to it or want to do it. It's a good thing all in all trust me.
    If anything this will increase demand on gold buying because there's more expensive worthwhile (relative) offers and as such people will buy more gold because they want to get those wares. Taking gold out of the economy can be only good if it either kills gold selling which will not or widen the gap between rich and poor which also wont do that because those who had that much gold are smart enough to get it back and return to point zero.

The only way to trully kill gold selling is to make gold worthless by switching to a system where the only currency is active gameplay called "effort" which will make people subscribe for longer based on a new philosophy "If you want to get anything worthwhile you have to go out there and get it". "2 steps in advance" would also be addition to IP account lock in order to counter account sharing where those gold selling companies will try to convert into a hired driver buisness plan only to find accounts banned as soon as they log into them from different places/IP. Also make everything BoP.

Now I can already see that this already crosses out a lot of innocent players like those who have dynamic IP or those who change their living location constanly. But in all do honesty, sacrifices have to be made. We just have to write off a child or two in order to snuff out a pedophile's hideout.

The new druid shapeforms are looking incredibly good. Tanking as a druid makes much more sense now.

my druid never been so awesome like this!