Voters
232. This poll is closed
  • The Hulk

175 75.43%
  • Edward Elric

57 24.57%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Ed Elric. If he can beat Greed, he can beat Hulk.

Showing some love for Ed, he's clearly the underdog here, but if any of you haven't watched the show, he can do some crazy stuff with his alchemy.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Ed Elric. If he can beat Greed, he can beat Hulk.
    Greed couldn't smash planets, regenerate his entire body from a single atom, and survive 100 million + joule forces. And actually that's probably closer to 100 quadrillion joules.

Oh, and if anyone thinks I'm bullshitting or exaggerating about the destroying a planet thing...

That is an asteroid twice the size of Earth being destroyed by The Hulk in one punch. And wow that image is bigger than I thought it would be. Is there an easy way to re-size that thing?
    Last edited by Chelly; 2012-05-13 at 03:43 PM.

Hulk comes in to punch.
    Edward claps his hands, and touches Hulk.
    Hulk becomes glass or some other weak material.
    Shattered.

Edward may not be "as weak as we think" but he's absolutely not nearly as strong as we think.

Hulk wins this hands down.

Why do people insist on votin for there favorite in a VS. poll but oh well. I hate the hulk always one of my most hated charecters in marvel or just about anything but Hulk wins in about 2 seconds flat not even a contest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Greed couldn't smash planets, regenerate his entire body from a single atom, and survive 100 million + joule forces. And actually that's probably closer to 100 quadrillion joules.

Oh, and if anyone thinks I'm bullshitting or exaggerating about the destroying a planet thing...

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/mXw3xl.jpg[IMG]

That is an asteroid twice the size of Earth being destroyed by The Hulk in one punch. And wow that image is bigger than I thought it would be. Is there an easy way to re-size that thing?
    How come Wendigo is there, I thought that beast was more of a Wolverine/Sabertooth's bane.

Quote Originally Posted by korsic View Post
    Hulk comes in to punch.
    Edward claps his hands, and touches Hulk.
    Hulk becomes glass or some other weak material.
    Shattered.
    The Hulk can regenerate from being shattered. The Hulk also doesn't need to get close to Ed to kill him. Note the planet destroying picture above. He can also just smack his hands together, generating a thunder clap that would quite literally scramble Ed's brain.

Depends.

If he knows what the substances inside Hulk's body are, he could simply disintegrate him by stopping at the second step of Alchemy.

If he has no idea who or what he is, he would probably get squashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    How come Wendigo is there, I thought that beast was more of a Wolverine/Sabertooth's bane.
    They've had their disagreements before.
    http://marvel.wikia.com/Incredible_Hulk_Vol_1_162

As for why Wendigo was there specifically, I'd have to look for the actual issue number as I was just searching for the one image.

Deleted
    They've had their disagreements before.
    http://marvel.wikia.com/Incredible_Hulk_Vol_1_162

As for why Wendigo was there specifically, I'd have to look for the actual issue number as I was just searching for the one image.
    I see. Cool, probably explains it on his Marvel wiki page somewhere. I always like the background story for the Wendigo. It's an interesting origin concept and quite a dark one too. Definitely suited the gritty vibe of the Wolverine comics I used to get.

OT: I'm still thinking Hulk would wipe the floor with dear Edward, literally. But, I'm still holding out my vote in case somebody busts out an amazing pro-Ed argument.

As much as i love the FMA shows (Brotherhood EASILY one of the best anime iv seen) there is no way Ed can beat the hulk, hell its hard enough for anyone in marvels universe to just deal with the hulk

Deleted

Nerf Hulk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Depends.

If he knows what the substances inside Hulk's body are, he could simply disintegrate him by stopping at the second step of Alchemy.

The only person who really understands any of that is Bruce Banner, and even then only VERY imperfectly.

Hulk wins. Hulk wins under almost any conceivable circumstances. Hurting Hulk just makes Hulk more angry, which makes Hulk stronger. There's no effective limit. He can regenerate from almost complete annihalation. Hulk can literally shatter tectonic plates by stamping his foot, and came close to doing so in World War Hulk. And that wasn't even hitting his limits; that was just "you killed my wife" angry. And in the end, it was more Hulk's grief and self-hatred that provided his own downfall, not anything the combined Marvel heroes pulled off.

Hulk is the living epitome of "the only winning move is not to play".

Ed has been through the Gate. It's unknown whether or not he understands how every substance in the universe works. And if he does get close and knows how to re-arrange the substances inside Hulk's body he could very well reverse the transformation process and make him turn into Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Depends.

You have a point. I'd like to see the Hulk trying to come back from being broken down into his constituent parts. Water, Carbon, Ammonia, Lime, Phosphorous, Salt, Saltpeter, Sulfur, Fluorine, Iron, Silicon, and 15 other trace elements.

I don't care how good his regeneration is, when he's just lumps, puddles, and piles of the above, there is no coming back from that.

Touch him just once, poof. Hulk gone.

Frankly, I think the powers of Hulk are over built and seem to keep growing just to cover any possible weakness loop holes (regeneration from being shattered into shards? Makes me think of that liquid terminator). If the fight were to go on "to the death" from the very beginning, the fight would go to The Hulk. The transmutations, though quick from Edward, couldn't keep up with the speed of a thrown projectile. Now if Hulk were to play with his prey and let Edward get in hits to "mock his foolishness" the fight would be Edward. If he's shown anything through the FMA shows, transmuting could undue all that the Hulk is. His regeneration, his form, his entire being. All it would take is one touch on his body after the transmutation is setup (just a single clap, which could take place during the initial greetings) and the very atoms in Hulk could be changed into something that breaks the form entirely.

That being said, I don't think Hulk would go into this as a rage demon until really provoked, so I would give the fight to Ed for acting swiftly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalnik View Post
    You have a point. I'd like to see the Hulk trying to come back from being broken down into his constituent parts. Water, Carbon, Ammonia, Lime, Phosphorous, Salt, Saltpeter, Sulfur, Fluorine, Iron, Silicon, and 15 other trace elements.

I don't care how good his regeneration is, when he's just lumps, puddles, and piles of the above, there is no coming back from that.

Touch him just once, poof. Hulk gone.
    Hate to break it to you, but The Hulk can do just that. He is effectively immortal. The only ways that you could really kill him would be to attack his soul or to be a cosmic entity of such extreme power that you can break the laws of physics. Living Tribunal and Infinity Gauntlet Thanos come to mind.

There seems to be no limit to his regeneration as he can literally grow a new head. In Marvel, regeneration is typically stopped by decapitation. Wolverine, who has a far lower healing factor can be killed by decapitation, and he has literally regenerated his heart and lungs after they were incinerated. There's also the time Deadpool blew his balls off...

There's a reason his official power rating puts his durability at 7, the level of a cosmic entity.

---------- Post added 2012-05-13 at 04:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kougaiji View Post
    Frankly, I think the powers of Hulk are over built and seem to keep growing just to cover any possible weakness loop holes (regeneration from being shattered into shards? Makes me think of that liquid terminator). If the fight were to go on "to the death" from the very beginning, the fight would go to The Hulk. The transmutations, though quick from Edward, couldn't keep up with the speed of a thrown projectile. Now if Hulk were to play with his prey and let Edward get in hits to "mock his foolishness" the fight would be Edward. If he's shown anything through the FMA shows, transmuting could undue all that the Hulk is. His regeneration, his form, his entire being. All it would take is one touch on his body after the transmutation is setup (just a single clap, which could take place during the initial greetings) and the very atoms in Hulk could be changed into something that breaks the form entirely.

That being said, I don't think Hulk would go into this as a rage demon until really provoked, so I would give the fight to Ed for acting swiftly.
    If you want a full list of his powers...

http://marvel.wikia.com/Robert_Bruce...-616%29#Powers

And here's a quote from that very page.

"Regenerative Healing Factor: Despite his high resistance to physical harm, it is possible to cause the Hulk injury. However, he is capable of regenerating damaged or destroyed areas of his body (including limbs, internal organs, and even his head)[202], with far greater speed and efficiency than an ordinary human. For example, during a battle with Vector all of the skin and muscle mass of the Hulk were damnified. It took the Hulk moments to regain the mass and be completely healed[203]. The Hulk's healing factor also enables him to revert any physical transmutation[204][205][206][207][190]. Hulk also heals faster and more efficiently the madder he gets[192]. "

Note the part about reverting any physical transmutation. Attacking Bruce Banner is also not a viable tactic. If you cause him a mortal wound he instantly turns into The Hulk and heals. He has actually tried to kill himself before, and he was unsuccessful.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2012-05-13 at 04:51 PM.

And here's a quote from that very page.

"Regenerative Healing Factor: Despite his high resistance to physical harm, it is possible to cause the Hulk injury. However, he is capable of regenerating damaged or destroyed areas of his body (including limbs, internal organs, and even his head)[202], with far greater speed and efficiency than an ordinary human. For example, during a battle with Vector all of the skin and muscle mass of the Hulk were damnified. It took the Hulk moments to regain the mass and be completely healed[203]. The Hulk's healing factor also enables him to revert any physical transmutation[204][205][206][207][190]. Hulk also heals faster and more efficiently the madder he gets[192]. "

Note the part about reverting any physical transmutation.
    What I wonder is if it would revert transmutation done at the dna level. I haven't found limits to alchemists ability to transmute down to the very atom structure, as to change glass into stone and such requires actually modifying the atoms themselves. If you could break the atoms at a rate faster than the regeneration could keep up, it would be undone. But then theres also the question of if the body would notice the subtle change at the atom level. Yes I see that the Hulk is all powerful and neigh immortal but no comic hero I have ever seen is completely without weakness (more so than just the mental state). It seems to go against the whole hero factor as they were made to help expand children imagination and creativity. To make a character that had its own "I. Win." button that worked 100% of every fight is a design flaw, and ruins this entire bracket championship as nothing could fight him and really win.

10+ Year Old Account
    While i think the hulk is a horible overpowered boring character ( same as superman) and edward is amazing and part of my favourite animes i sadly have to give it to the hulk in a fight.

The only way i could see ed winning is if he transmuted the hulks soul its however very unlikely he can do that before getting smashed.