Page 1 of 31
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

MMO-Champion Ultimate Showdown: Bracket and future suggestions

This thread will be used to keep the bracket updated, and give a place to chat about the contest. You can talk about past fights, or even other contenders that may have missed the cut. But please keep all discussion on current votes in the proper thread.

Each matchup will last four days, to give time for enough votes to come in.

Edit: I'm leaving this open even though the contest is over. Taking suggsetions for what to do on the possible next one.
    Current fights:
    Goku wins! Contest over!
    (Thanks to everyone who helped and suffered through my incompetence Elyssia, Splenda, and Baiyn, and Dalliah for filling in)

Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-07-26 at 11:07 PM.

Cthulhu vs Shuckle, battle of the century. Link VS Goku is a little unfair.

Cthulhu vs Shuckle and Goku vs Link. You did that to spite us!
    There should have been more Gunner and Pico. That would have been the ultimate battle.

And 30 weeks is kind of a long time. Why not have a couple at once?

Is it going to be one thread a week? If so this will take a long long time to be completed.

Gohan v Sephiroth. That is going to be a hard choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose there could be multiples at once, but I'm not sure if they would garner enough attention that way. Gonna see how well this one goes first.

Deleted
    There's some awesome matches lined up for the first round. I'm looking forward to seeing how this tournament plays out. Thanks for putting it together Pendulous. ^^

So pumped for Wolverine vs. Vegeta!

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda want to fill out the whole bracket March Madness style lol

10+ Year Old Account
    30 weeks is going to be a loooong competition, but looks like fun =P
    Did you consider shortening the amount of time each match is held for? 5 days or even 4 seems plenty of time to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Did you consider shortening the amount of time each match is held for? 5 days or even 4 seems plenty of time to me.
    Again, depends on how it goes. It's mostly a select crowd of people anyway, mostly frequenters of Fun Stuff, so it would seem the amount of votes won't be very high. And I may be wrong and it goes quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Yeah, shortening the matches would possibly the most logical answer to make the competition not so long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Again, depends on how it goes. It's mostly a select crowd of people anyway, mostly frequenters of Fun Stuff, so it would seem the amount of votes won't be very high. And I may be wrong and it goes quickly
    Given the select crowd you're drawing , a smaller time for each match is probably best too, if we all get our votes in in the first ~2days then we have 5 days of waiting for the next match. I'd doubt you'd get many more votes passed say the third day.

But yea, see how this current one goes to tell for sure
    Last edited by Anakso; 2012-05-12 at 08:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That makes sense, considering it could be East and West, which is the way I thought about it. If we go that route then I'd definitely leave them up for a week at a time though, unless the votes drop off fast otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    A week just seems an incredibly long time to me for this kind of thing.
    Two threads at once @ 3-5 days depending how this first one looks would make this last between 6.8 and 11.4 weeks, much shorter
    Or 16 weeks if you decide to continue them at one week each, which is still a lot better than 31 =P

10+ Year Old Account
    there are not enough women in these fights

girls cool

girls ARE cool. Boobs. Something something.
    Last edited by Ms Andry; 2012-05-12 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Andry View Post
    there are not enough women in these fights

girls cool

girls ARE cool. Boobs. Something something.
    Magikarp and Shuckle can count as females. Just imagine how hawt Shuckle breasts could be...

Deleted
    I really want Cthulhu to win this contest... he even has got an easy way to the semifinals, so he can really do it
    Last edited by mmoc9ca0d53644; 2012-05-31 at 02:32 PM.

Deleted
    Samus Aran versus Yoda? Chuck Norris versus Mewtwo? LINK VS GOKU? REVAN VERSUS BATMAN?

you're going to have so many big guns disabled in the first 2 rounds. You're asking me to choose between Link or Goku and Revan or Batman in the second round? this will be brutal.

Deleted
    I can just see everyone voting for Chuck Norris, hopefully it can be more interesting than that though....

I has a question about some of these matchups. Specifically, for Marvel and DC characters. Are we limited to the current mainstream comic book continuities for our arguments? For example, Superman has vastly different powers if you compare say, New Earth, to Earth 1, to Prime. What about equipment that is only semi-standard? Batman for example has used a Green Lantern ring before, and the corp has a standing offer that he can have a ring no strings attached whenever he wants.