Thread: Build 15689

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Adding eye-candy and toys should never be at the expense of the class, yet that is exactly what DA has done.
    What is your problem with having as a soloing/RP tool? Seriously, why remove it just because it doesn't suit efficiency?

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    What is your problem with having as a soloing/RP tool? Seriously, why remove it just because it doesn't suit efficiency?
    Because it was horribly flawed, completely contradictory to many fundamental mechanics not only of warlocks but of casters in general and unnecessary.
    What is the problem with those in favour being completely blind to its faults.
    It was never to do with efficiency, but something which simply did not work as it was intended.
    It would never do so with anything remotely resembling its initial or even current design.

  3. #23
    I still cannot see how elitists are in a bad position if the glyph stays as a fun option. Having an option while soloing/rping does not affect you calculations, so why take the fun away from others?

  4. #24
    Warlocks can already soloing old content....
    GC : We try very hard not to monkey around with things just for the sake of changing, but it's easy to play the "I didn't see feedback on X, therefore there wasn't feedback on X" card.

    The ultimate feminist move, liberating all the women from the penis, will be EXCISION.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    Warlocks can already soloing old content....
    You obviously don't care about RP quality so there is no point discussing this any further.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    Warlocks can already soloing old content....
    Warlock could solo well in Cata, but our soloing abilities got nerfed in MoP, so the glyph of Demon Hunting as a soloing tool is gladly appreciated.
    www.youtube.com/Spygnesy
    Soloing as a warlock.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    But nao we have some survivals cooldowns..... oh... oh wait...

    @deviantcultist... RP qualities and DA ? WTH....
    You are QQing quite often, right? I havn´t ever seen you happy about any change, so i guess you just like to complain about everything.

    DA still gives perm higher armor (btw, dmg reduction from higher armor is still around 26% lesser physical dmg), more mobility and nearly perma immolationaura (don't know if critimmunity is still in). Its not a godmode, but i love questing with DA
    Last edited by Valyna; 2012-05-13 at 03:53 PM.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    RP qualities and DA ? WTH....
    Permanent Meta wings out of combat? Combined with the horns/aura at 500 fury is Illidan-like? Maybe you haven't done anything in the game apart from crunching numbers.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    There would be no reason to do that intentionally.
    Just an unfortunate consequence of repeated changes to a spell they are so desperate to make fit, if only to please a vocal portion of the community.
    A vocal portion who were simply not present before the glyph was there.



    For the sake of balance it is going to be a mere shadow of what it was, still only there because they don't want to throw away a cool prospect.
    Adding eye-candy and toys should never be at the expense of the class, yet that is exactly what DA has done.
    My apologies, I did not mean to make it sound as if I thought Blizz did it on purpose, I was kinda just voicing a warning so noone else gets locked out of a character >.<
    Tier 6 gives you wings

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    I made the mistake of trying to go into DA last night and now I cant even log back on my warlock, the damn client freezes up just before it loads everytime did they bug it on accident when they changed whatever they changed?
    press your meta hotkey nonstop when you are in loadingscreen because meta cancels DA. after the second time doing this DA was deactivated again

  11. #31
    suggesting blizzard tries to balance game mechanics around your idea of RP................no gtfo.
    intel 4770k @ 4.8ghz 1.25v / evga 780ti x1, evga 780ti classified(inc soon) evga titan 2x sli @ 1202mhz/3251 / asus maximus vi hero / evga supernova 1000w g2 / 2x samsung 840 pro 512gb ssd/ hit me up on overclock.net and see my full rig - http://www.overclock.net/u/318704/szeged i have a gpu addiction

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    Warlock could solo well in Cata, but our soloing abilities got nerfed in MoP, so the glyph of Demon Hunting as a soloing tool is gladly appreciated.
    Our soloing ability was based on Metamorphosis which was both a burst damage cooldown, and a massive defense cooldown that allows us to tank and DPS a boss down quickly (if health is low). We also have other methods to deal with longer fights.

    Since they are reducing the defensive abilities of Metamorphosis (in exchange for higher uptime on it), it seems fair that we get the defensive ability in another tool, without the incredible offensive ability.

    It just separates the OP soloing ability we already had into defense for soloing, and offense for groups.


    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Because it was horribly flawed, completely contradictory to many fundamental mechanics not only of warlocks but of casters in general and unnecessary.
    What is the problem with those in favour being completely blind to its faults.
    It was never to do with efficiency, but something which simply did not work as it was intended.
    It would never do so with anything remotely resembling its initial or even current design.
    With as pompous of a tone as you post, you seriously make no sense at all in your actual post content.
    Last edited by Inactivity; 2012-05-13 at 07:04 PM.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorehowl View Post
    suggesting blizzard tries to balance game mechanics around your idea of RP................no gtfo.
    They don't have to balance it. Just leave it as it is instead of removing it completely because of narrow-minded elitists like you considering it to be useless.
    Did that make sense? Good. Stop bashing me and start thinking about the fact that you're playing a game.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    They don't have to balance it. Just leave it as it is instead of removing it completely because of narrow-minded elitists like you considering it to be useless.
    Did that make sense? Good. Stop bashing me and start thinking about the fact that you're playing a game.
    Yes, your argument makes sense and I agree with you to an extent, however throwing around passive-aggressive terms like "elitist" isn't going to get you anywhere; there's nothing "elitist" about not being interested in RP or wanting to see some balance.

  15. #35
    So actually wanting a spec which works, and not one balanced around your "fun" makes us an elitist ?
    I have a few words for you, but both manners and forum rules prevent me using them.
    The glyph DOES have an impact on the spec, so it was never about spoiling your fun.
    You are the narrow minded one, because I did state on previous occasions it had potential, but its current and previous incarnations were horribly flawed.
    For someone so keen to bring up my post history you are very keen to ignore the parts which do not suit you.

    People who call for warlock tanks are often having to quote this long list of changes they believe to be required to make it fit.
    For something people are calling EASY they have to go through an awful lot of changes to shoehorn it in.
    Square peg and round hole. Only that you are chopping the corners off the peg to make it fit, and leaving gaping holes around the edges in the process.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2012-05-14 at 05:25 AM.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaethrir View Post
    Yes, your argument makes sense and I agree with you to an extent, however throwing around passive-aggressive terms like "elitist" isn't going to get you anywhere; there's nothing "elitist" about not being interested in RP or wanting to see some balance.
    Yes, the term elitist sounds aggressive but that was not the focus of my post. My argument points out that people do not think that the glyph is imbalanced, instead they suggest that it gets removed because its useless. Therefore, I do not think that it disrupts the flow of the game, its just a fun tool for those willing to play with it.

    ---------- Post added 2012-05-14 at 07:55 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    So actually wanting a spec which works, and not one balanced around your "fun" makes us an elitist ?
    I have a few words for you, but both manners and forum rules prevent me using them.
    The glyph DOES have an impact on the spec, so it was never about spoiling your fun.
    You are the narrow minded one, because I did state on previous occasions it had potential, but its current and previous incarnations were horribly flawed.
    For someone so keen to bring up my post history you are very keen to ignore the parts which do not suit you.

    People who call for warlock tanks are often having to quote this long list of changes they believe to be required to make it fit.
    For something people are calling EASY they have to go through an awful lot of changes to shoehorn it in.
    Square peg and round hole. Only that you are chopping the corners off the peg to make it fit, and leaving gaping holes around the edges in the process.

    What does having a fun tool have to do with a balanced spec? Seriously? It doesn't even affect any aspect of the gameplay as it is, so there is no impact on the spec. I was one of the people who wanted Meta as a permanent form in our rotation. If I insisted on that, then that would affect the balance of the spec, cause everything would have to be fixed around it with a risk of breaking the spec. In this case, I cannot see why I am the narrow minded one when it comes to a situational tool that is almost unusable apart from fun scenarios.

    I haven't mentioned anything about your post history, however I mentioned the latest/parallel posts about "eye-candies" so that's where I based a response. As of my manners, the guy saying "gtfo" didn't annoy you, because he was referring specifically to me and was agreeing with you. My response to that was much more constructed and polite compared to that. And yes, I was reflecting the response to all of the people deliberately trying to axe anything that is unique even if it is irrelevant to core mechanics. Other classes would envy changes like these, while some Warlocks feel "overwhelmed". Doesn't make sense to me.

  17. #37
    The mention of my post history was not aimed at you, but at Inactivity who proceeded to base his opinion of me on that, a history they obviously failed to look at properly.
    Whether you like to admit it or not, it was way beyond a fun toy and has impacted on the rest of the spec.
    What about the benefits to meta that are no longer scaling from mastery ?
    Is that change driven by DA none-existent all of a sudden ?
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2012-05-14 at 07:38 AM.

  18. #38
    You guys are just making shit up. Nothing about demonology has been balanced based on Apotheosis.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    So actually wanting a spec which works, and not one balanced around your "fun" makes us an elitist ?
    I have a few words for you, but both manners and forum rules prevent me using them.

    blather babble babble...

    Is that change driven by DA none-existent all of a sudden ?
    I'm stating the obvious, which is that you are so caught up in using unnecessarily big words that you end up babbling and making no sense whatsoever. The mark of a good statement is using the smallest/simplest words possible, since its the speaker (and not the reader) who should have to do the work.

    Now I'll state the obvious again:

    1) DA has its own mastery scaling and does not scale with Metamorphosis mastery, so no, Mastery is not affected by DA.
    2) DA has its own abilities (Demonic Slash) separate from Meta (and its Demonic Slash) and the numbers (as well as cost) can be adjusted, so no, Demonic Slash is (surprise) not affected by DA.
    3) Meta and DA both allow and disallow abilities other than slash to be used, so no, abilities other than Demonic Slash are (lo and behold) not affected by DA.
    4) Since Meta and DA share cooldowns (and have an interesting cooldown behiavor) stance-dancing is impossible, thus stance-dancing for using certain abilities is (OMFG) not affected by DA.
    5) Metamorphosis also benefits caster form outside of DA, so even caster form and meta form, and how they interact, is (IMPOSSIBLE!) not affected by DA.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
    You guys are just making shit up. Nothing about demonology has been balanced based on Apotheosis.
    See, that's true, but some skulls are too thick to see past it (in many threads), so hopefully my "enumeration" will help dissolve those barriers.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
    You guys are just making shit up. Nothing about demonology has been balanced based on Apotheosis.
    That's just not true. DA isn't designed in a vacuum, things are excluded and work differently in and out of it in order to provide that balance.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •