Thread: "Counter pick"

Deleted

"Counter pick"

Hello everyone!
    I have started brand new series about counter picking champions for ranked games and since I know how MMOC community is great for critics I wanted to ask you if you could give it a quick look and give me some toughts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMCZk...ature=youtu.be

besides that:
    Did they nerf irelia or trynd because people are complaining less then usual?
    I didnt notice anything on the patch notes.

(sorry if there are some rules about not posting youtube links, didnt notice some of those)

Deleted
    I can't watch it now but I'll make sure to do so soon. Sounds like a great concept.

---------- Post added 2012-05-13 at 12:29 AM ----------

Watched it now. It was very good. The only suggestion I could give you is to switch on Colorblind mode in the video options. It makes the nameplates red and blue so that they're easier to set apart.

Deleted
    Thanks for your tip, appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mention a few other things, the video was kind of just "counter her ulti with dashes." While that's nice, there's a few other things about Morgana.

Mentioning a few things like
    1) Ahri is also a great pick for the True Damage on her Q
    2) Morgana pushes lane hard. Picking someone who can push just as hard back/last hit well at turret.
    3) In order for Kennen to clear his wave, he is going to need to Lightning Dash in to hit the creeps, setting him up for an easy Snare. Kennen is a still a safe pick though

Deleted
    but if Ahri goes for her too much she might have mana problems but kennen is safe as long as he uses Q on cooldown for his farming wich also slowly pushes lane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrit View Post
    but if Ahri goes for her too much she might have mana problems but kennen is safe as long as he uses Q on cooldown for his farming wich also slowly pushes lane.
    Morgana Pool > Kennen Q for pushing. Unless Kennen uses E-W, Morgana will outpush him.

Ahri's Q is great at clearing waves, and once she gets two dorans mana really isn't a problem. The Q true damage is just a nice plus, it goes through her shield, it's not like you actively try to kill a Morgana. Unless the Morgana misplays, killing her is incredibly difficult.

I've had a lot of success with Fizz in beating Morgana. Time your E to dodge her Ult or snare, sometimes both at once if you're lucky.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slammin Shaman View Post
    I've had a lot of success with Fizz in beating Morgana. Time your E to dodge her Ult or snare, sometimes both at once if you're lucky.
    I hate every Fizz player that has ever dodged a skillshot with his E. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    I hate every Fizz player that has ever dodged a skillshot with his E. >.<
    It's all I ever do lol. Morg and Ahri are easy for me because I know when to jump in anticipation. Vlad is easy. Kass is easy. Cass is easy. Basically Fizz counters everyone

Deleted
    It's all I ever do lol. Morg and Ahri are easy for me because I know when to jump in anticipation. Vlad is easy. Kass is easy. Cass is easy. Basically Fizz counters everyone
    Ahri is my favorite midder and that's why I hate you.

Fizz drops off lategame. Pick someone who can just survive early game and you win late.

If you don't lose your lane to fizz, you win. Doesn't matter if you dodge all of Karthus' shit, if he just survives you in lane and gets to the lategame, he will dominate.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

I think, that any range ad carry with good early game counters many popular mid champs. Try Sivir against Morgana and Kassadin, because she's loads of fun.

Urgot is awesome in mid, too btw.

Deleted
    Simple but great guide for the counterpicks of each champion is on mobafire dot com

Quote Originally Posted by G4rs View Post
    Simple but great guide for the counterpicks of each champion is on mobafire dot com
    inb4mobafiresucks

Your best bet is solomid for most counter-picking choices since they have more pros on there that know the meta more.
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*

Mobafire is more targeted at newer players, though some of the guides are pretty good. Solomid has more quality guides overall though, as a lot of pros post guides there (though not all of them make quality guides either...).