Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Diablo 3 "armory" webpage won't show your reaction times, your knowledge of monster tactics, your ability to adapt to new combinations of monster affixes, or any other ways to quantify your skill in the game. It'll show your characters and what they have performed and what they wear / what skills they have setup.

A WoW saying works well here: "a nub in good gear is still a nub".

Deleted
    I don't know the actual source of those but there is a "Diablo armory" planned "Soon after the game launch" :

http://image.jeuxvideo.com/imd/d/diablo_profil_2.jpg
    http://image.jeuxvideo.com/imd/d/diablo_profil_1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    What, its not enough that these people would already be hours behind you but you would rather they be stuck in the gutter forever? Oh what humanity has become, ladies and gentlemen. Don't you dare help eachother...
    Ya, pretty much. Why would I want to help some randoms that provide me nothing in return? I mean I wouldn't even get any enjoyment out of helping them like I would if I gave them items or something. This isn't life, it is a game. It's not like I'm letting granny walk across the street by herself with a busted wheel on her walker.

Besides, the only way it would affect me is in a negative way. Nothing positive could come from it, at least until inferno is cleared.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-05-13 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
    This isn't life, it is a game.
    Talk to me on tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Talk to me on tuesday
    I wont be able to, I'll be in Sanctuary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowbaq View Post
    I don't know the actual source of those but there is a "Diablo armory" planned "Soon after the game launch" :

http://image.jeuxvideo.com/imd/d/diablo_profil_2.jpg
    http://image.jeuxvideo.com/imd/d/diablo_profil_1.jpg
    These screen shots are from this official blog post : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/5406...Soon-5_11_2012

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shortly after the launch of Diablo III, we’ll be adding a new feature to our official site. Profiles will let you review all of your character information at a glance, share it with others, and check out the accomplishments of the other heroes out there.

You’ll be able to look at your heroes (or your friends’ heroes) from any page on the Diablo III site through our personalized menu. If you’re curious about the exploits of your fellow forum posters, it’ll be a simple matter to click over to their profiles and feel envious of their gear or how long they’ve managed to keep their Hardcore characters alive.

Our first profiles release will include these two elements:

• A career tab that displays all of your heroes, how far you’ve progressed in the Diablo III campaign, how many foes you’ve slain, the names and playtimes of your fallen Hardcore heroes, and more.
    • A heroes tab that shows off your equipment (including dyes, socketed gems, all equipment bonuses, etc.), your attributes and skills, the skills and equipment of your Followers, and more.

We’re planning to add tabs that’ll show off your artisans and achievements as well. Profiles will be available on the site sooner rather than later, but you should feel free to share your suggestions and thoughts in the comments section below or in the Website Features forum.
    Kinda answers that question People will need to know your battle.tag to look you up though it seems.

Deleted
    edit will OP linked it

The thing is there is nothing you can do that others cant. Any player of a certain class has ALL of the abilitys you have, unlike D2. So EVERYONE is going to know the exact same things you know, it sincerely isnt hard to test out all the runes and skills, in the first 2 weeks everyone will know what is 'best'. So the armory makes no difference.

Deleted
    yes, heres teh link

http://www.diablofans.com/

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Ya, people are just going to inspect the top10 on the ladder and find out their tricks. They will use similar gear and skills for 2hours and finally understand the build, whereas they would of never discovered it otherwise. First bad thing ive seen with this game.

Hopefully we will be able to naked logout. No update until you log off like wow

Looks like they did an excellent job on the webpage, thanks for the link.
    You won't be in the top 10 though so noone will be interesting in copying you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
    Ya, pretty much. Why would I want to help some randoms that provide me nothing in return?

You should play Singleplayer games. You get a community, you get more players, the AH will be full of stuff. You get all the things people want from a multiplayer game.

Quote Originally Posted by Festisio View Post
    You won't be in the top 10 though so noone will be interesting in copying you.
    What was your rank on the first d2 ladder? LOL, you didnt even play when d2 was a competitive game, please give your nonsense a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post

Kinda answers that question People will need to know your battle.tag to look you up though it seems.
    You get that in game or sitting in chat rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Vernochan View Post
    You should play Singleplayer games. You get a community, you get more players, the AH will be full of stuff. You get all the things people want from a multiplayer game.
    Uh... Pretty sure you took that out of context. Because it makes no sense and is not relevant to anything I've said. Especially since it's obvious I'm competitive.

Because last I checked the community or AH wasn't dependent on sharing anything.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-05-13 at 08:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will be logging off with my Barbs gear and spec intact, just to spite those who wish to screw others looking for help.

I am a theorycrafter. I will find the niche for Barbs, and I will share it with everyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I will be logging off with my Barbs gear and spec intact, just to spite those who wish to screw others looking for help.

I am a theorycrafter. I will find the niche for Barbs, and I will share it with everyone.
    This is good news! Oh boy im really excited someone as reliable as u is helping the D3 comunity with top-notch theorycrafting and reliable information.
    Thank you so much!

I used to be a Diablo hero just like you then i took a Soulstone on the forehead. Shame
    Last edited by mmoc01d4565ecb; 2012-05-13 at 11:05 PM.