Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I'm curious as to what you would name Blizzard All Stars, considering the characters are all stars and of the Blizzard variety. Kinda makes sense.

"Blizzards-shitty-rip-off-of-a-game-someone-developed-using-their-game-engine-that-took-off-internationally-and-now-they-want-their-cut-with-10-percent-of-the-features STARS" sounds about right to me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sistine View Post
    Uh, you realize that the majority of what Valve does is grab indie developers who are making games and provide the utilities/tools to make a more refined polished product right? DOTA2 is in no way VALVE's original concept, and considering ICEFROG (creator of the original DOTA) is a developer for DOTA2, I think VALVE is more original that Blizz ALLSTARS, LOL, and HoN could possibly be.

On a side note, if you dont like the idea of pushing/lane phase in a game then MOBAs probably arent for you
    That is about right, they are making money on mods ever since their quake mod went live.
    However I think you got it bad. Not that I ever liked original DoTA, but as far as you can read or research, that freak nicked Icefrog is merely a maintainer of finished product. As you can read it's all about one guy releasing a map for W3, and other guy making it actually playable, and if I recall correctly one of them is in Riot.

By the way I have no problem with idea of lanes, but I just don't like Blizzard idea where instead of being granted extra gold or buff you get extra reinforcements in form of AI footmen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    That is about right, they are making money on mods ever since their quake mod went live.
    However I think you got it bad. Not that I ever liked original DoTA, but as far as you can read or research, that freak nicked Icefrog is merely a maintainer of finished product. As you can read it's all about one guy releasing a map for W3, and other guy making it actually playable, and if I recall correctly one of them is in Riot.

By the way I have no problem with idea of lanes, but I just don't like Blizzard idea where instead of being granted extra gold or buff you get extra reinforcements in form of AI footmen.
    Yeah, the one who made the original dota game (wasn't popular at that time) is Co-owner (or high ranking member) of Riot.

10+ Year Old Account
    rehash it with less heroes (only 12, thats a joke)
    There are going to be more than 12 heroes.

I don't know, I think it will be fun. I've always wanted a Blizzard fighting game, this might be the best I'll get! :P

I like the idea, waiting for it

10+ Year Old Account
    LoL/Dota2/HoN never really got me interested, I'm looking foward to see if Blizzard is going to change that.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    There are going to be more than 12 heroes.

I don't know, I think it will be fun. I've always wanted a Blizzard fighting game, this might be the best I'll get! :P
    Youre mistaken. Blizz has stated (Im looking for the source but believe its in a video) that they are ONLY having 12 heroes in the game, to focus on balance. The 12 you already see are the 12 you are going to get, no more

Youre mistaken. Blizz has stated (Im looking for the source but believe its in a video) that they are ONLY having 12 heroes in the game, to focus on balance. The 12 you already see are the 12 you are going to get, no more
    They can still add more in though and besides they can always change their minds on these things anyway since there is still more than enough time to do so

10+ Year Old Account
    You are completely wrong my friend.

In their Blizzcon Panel they have specifically stated that they will continue to add in more heroes that are worthy of the allstar lineup, and that the sky is literally the limit.

Then they showed on the slides the concept artwork of Blizzard's most iconic heroes yet to be enlisted into the game.

On topic: The biggest gripe people are attacking is removal of last hitting. They are replacing it with health globes (similar to Diablo) that also replenishes energy.
    The tactical laning tension still exists, but now you are presented with immediate benefits instead of running back to base to purchase a powerful weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AmplifyMagic View Post
    On topic: The biggest gripe people are attacking is removal of last hitting. They are replacing it with health globes (similar to Diablo) that also replenishes energy.
    The tactical laning tension still exists, but now you are presented with immediate benefits instead of running back to base to purchase a powerful weapon.
    No, not really. The entire point of watching the laning phase in DOTA is because denies make such a huge difference; it's why you can just ignore the first thirty minutes of a League of Legends game: nothing important is going to happen.

Blizzard All Stars will appeal to the League of Legends crowd, but the DOTA crowd's just gonna laugh it off.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

It will probably do well due to the recognisable heroes, as for how the game will play... only time will tell. Obviously it wont be as in depth as DOTA but thats no reason why it wont be fun, well made etc. Personally I welcome a new spin on the genre, as opposed to just re making the very same game.

It's going to be Standalone!
    http://bit.ly/YpnbFI
    And it will have more heroes!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Previously, what was then called Blizzard Dota was announced to release as an in-house mod using the StarCraft II Arcade. Early builds showed a disappointingly small number of heroes compared to the genre leaders. And then it just seemed to vanish. It is, according to Sigaty, being “actively worked on,” however.

“We’ll go into more details about that in the future but I suspect you will not have to have StarCraft 2 to play [Blizzard All-Stars],” he said. “We’re definitely emphasizing it as its own product in the future.”