Poll: How would you rate your body?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    180cm and.... 62kg. It's not as good as what most bulky people seem to think. Girls want a guy who's stronger and bigger than them... yet I'm struggling to accomplish that. I've been going the gym now for quite a few months (around 3 - most of the time I never even do cardio exercise, it's just weights). I weighed myself a month ago and again just recently and I managed to put on roughly 4 pounds (2kg). It's like practically nothing, although I'm not expecting instant results. I'm going keep at this though, and try to keep eating more and more (mostly meat).

A main part of why I lost a lot of weight though in the past few months (around 2/3 months, and lost 7.5kg probably) was because I cut out dairy products along with sweets/chocolate as I thought they were the main contributions to my spots. Since then though as I say about a month ago I went the doctors, told them about it, they gave me some anti-biotics to help with it and now here I am (I kinda feel weak that I need medication to solve it, but I have literally tried everything over the past 2/3 years - was pushing me to take extreme measures when you start running out of ideas). I probably had quite a large lack of calcium because of this - I don't eat much veg.

Feel free to criticize me on where I may be going wrong with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The obese options ate them
    I'm sorry. You made me LOL so hard. You made my day. <3

Im about 6'0" and 140. Girls still like me though despite being really skinny cause i have a pretty face.

I'm not really fit, but I've got an average body that's more fit than it looks.

If that makes sense.

5'8 195lbs atm down from 220 in Jan. Im trying to build more muscle while losing belly fat at the same time. Strength training mostly.

no option for "i'm scrawny as hell, physically weak, but not fat"?

Not particularly motivated to fix it either, gym classes beat any semblance of enjoyment from exercise out of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    I'm absolutely not fit. Not in the slightest.
    Can't motivate myself to do any sports at all, and to be honest, I don't really care about it....so I don't plan on changing anything.

184cm, 49kg.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2012-05-13 at 05:59 AM.

Where's the option for people who are underweight, but extremely out of shape?

I clicked average and trying to get fit, but really I'm underweight and trying to get fit.

I've more than tripled my strength since I started working out about 4 months ago. Started with curling 8-10 pound dumbells, now I'm up to 30 pounds, and my bench was 25 pounds + the bar, and now I'm at 90-100 pounds + the bar.

Deleted
    As fit as you can be by sitting 16 hours a day in front of a computer drinking 4 liters of coke every day. Actually my body is still in surprisingly good shape, teeth are almost nerveless and broken but hey... Truth be told I really spend a little time playing games during week but in the weekends it usually goes over 30 hours of computer time.

I'm overweight and pretty fit. I'm 185cm / 6'1", 120kg / 265lbs ish. I go mountain biking regularly and go to the gym several times a week - I've been active my entire life. I'm also about to hit 40 this week. I've only recently discovered I've some kind of carb intolerance (still not 100% sure which - dairy and wheat are the most common, but I think mine's starch).

I've a pretty good diet but I think I eat too much carbs / too much in general - working on that, but it takes a surprising amount of concentration!

[edit] Didn't vote, none of the options fitted.
    Last edited by Aliessil; 2012-05-14 at 10:14 AM.

193cm and 85kg. I pass the army fitness tests and i'm fairly bulked up but my cardio is pretty bad. I struggle with the mile run.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    5'9 - 5'10 depending on the day of the week, 250lbs.

That's ~175 cm and ~113.4 kg for the rest of the world, if Google is to be trusted (I have bigger problems if it's not).

It's not that I don't want to lose some weight, it's just that all of my hobbies and jobs are incredibly sedentary. I do IT work and play video games - wow, so demanding. I enjoy lifting weights and made a 20 pound drop or so last Fall, but I hate doing it alone so my motivation drops without a consistent partner. Also I was using the college gym and you have to pay for access. :\ c'est la vie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Deleted
    I'm 185 tall, was 83 kg, then I had a lot of stuff on my mind and didn't work out and ended down on 75 kg, which is well average. Now I'm trying to get back up there again.

Deleted
    I'd say I'm somewhere inbetween average and fit right now, working on getting more fit. I'm in good physical form and I look pretty damn good but I'm not as ripped as when I was doing sports 5 days a week.

Believe I'm at 180cm and about 75kg right now. So what, 5'10 and 150lbs, roughly? We don't do them silly units round these parts

10+ Year Old Account
    Not fit and don't really care about it.

Deleted
    Nope. Alcohol and not much exercise + birthday and christmas binging has seen me put on a little fat over the last 6 months. And I am most definitely changing that.

I was very happy with my body and fitness before. I used to be very overweight and I ended up losing about 4-5 stone over 1 year (age of 15-16 so I was still growing as well) because I was not happy with it, I basically starved myself. And now I seem to be slipping into bad habits and I am definitely noticing the difference, and I don't like it.

I intend to lose this weight quite slowly over the next 6 months, putting myself in a better position to keep myself that way by getting myself into some GOOD habits. I'd probably be far from perfection in other peoples eyes (and even my own probably) but it's a start and should hopefully only get better.

I am an above average strength slightly overweight guy.

Height: 5'10 (177.8cm)
    Weight: 215 (97.7kg)
    BF: 18.8%

I work out generally 5-9 times a week. I do a lot of two a days, one at work and one after work with the girlfriend. I primarily work on strength, can't run worth shit but I can and do bike fairly regularly. Atleast 20 miles a week.

Max:
    Deadlift: 405 (~184kg)
    Squat: 335 (~153kg)
    Bench: 285 (~137kg)

Goals:
    Deadlist:500 (~228kg)
    Squat: 400 (~182kg)
    Bench: 300 (~137kg)

Diet isn't terrible, but it needs work.
    Last edited by gamingmuscle; 2012-05-14 at 02:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Deleted
    I've got an average body, but I'm trying to get fitter.

I'm not too bad, but I feel like I could lose a kg or two. But more importantly, I just want to have a little bit more muscle and endurance.

I'm 169 cm tall and I weigh about 55kg. Senior secondary school has been bad for my health, and I've gained some more weigh, so I'm just trying to get rid of that. I recently started jogging, which feels quite nice now that I've gotten used to it.

Also trying to eat a little bit less chocolate...

5'11 120lbs soaking wet. Gaining muscle weight is actually my goal. I ride my bike almost everywhere I go. I wasn't really healthy/fit though until I realized that almost everything in the store contains sugar in some form or saturated fat to get you to eat it. Since fat is so well recognized as something you shouldn't eat a lot of, food companies rely on sugar to make things taste good but its just as unhealthy.

When I was younger I thought of refined sugars as just extra energy but it's more then that. It does a number on your system and your body disposes of most of it right away. It uses up vitamin stores to do this and releases a surge of insulin to remove the sugar which ends up depleting your blood of glucose shortly after you eat and you feel out of energy.

The other problem with it is the sugar tastes so good to your body that you often can continue eating it after you're full or you won't feel full because the product is so refined and concentrated that it just doesn't take up any room in your stomach while giving you a huge dose of refined carbs that your body has to struggle to deal with. Check the labels next time you go shopping. High fructose corn syrup, sucrose, sugar, brown sugar, evaporated cane juice, glucose and a few others are all different names for sugar. It's in everything.

You could say it was a giant conspiracy by the food companies but they just give us what we want. And we're telling them we want to eat shit every time we go to the grocery store.

Red meat is the other thing that's really bad. Hell I think you can die from a heart attack just by reading the nutrition facts on a mcdonalds hamburger. Some of the stats on it are crazy too. 10 billion animals are killed for consumption by Americans every year. Half the antibiotics produced in the U.S. are used on live stock to keep them alive while they eat a diet of subsidized corn which they are not meant to consume naturally. They will die eating a diet of corn without antibiotics. And injected with all kinds of hormones and god knows what else. And methane is 20 times more effective as a greenhouse gas than carbon dioxide which makes cow poop a larger contributor to global warming than car exhaust. And live stock uses up 30% of the land on earth not covered by ice.

Anyways end rant... As you can see fit is not so straight forward. I wish they taught this stuff in school. You grow up trusting your parents, the adults around you and of course your own sense of taste to tell you what's good to eat and they all end up betraying you. Some food for thought.
    Last edited by Zmaniac17; 2012-05-14 at 03:40 PM.