Shaman spell idea?

Always wondered why there aren't any spells that deal direct fall damage so I thought of this

[name] - 45 sec cooldown
    x sec cast - 20 yd range
    The shaman awakens a caldera under the target's feet.Anyone in a 15 yd radius after 3 seconds will be thrown up by erupting magma, taking x fire damage over x seconds.

and a possible glyph that increases the height the targets are thrown up into the air taking a large amount of fall damage.

Fall damage bypasses most damage reduction effects, and it takes a percentage of your health away rather than a number based on ap/sp coefficients. That's probably why none exist

My favorite idea for a shaman spell was a damaging frost-school spell called Crashing Rapids, then it got put into GW2, so I think their devs read my forum post and stole my idea

thats an extreme idea i like that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bupert View Post
    Fall damage bypasses most damage reduction effects, and it takes a percentage of your health away rather than a number based on ap/sp coefficients. That's probably why none exist
    Basically this is the reason there are no fall damage spells. Not only do they do a very significant amount of damage to the target, they are also pretty long duration CCs. Such an ability would be really, really strong, and if it was AoE it would need like a 3 minute cooldown. On top of that it seems likely that a vast majority, if not ALL, mobs would be immune to it because mobs dont take fall damage, making the ability likely useless for PvE.

Deleted
    And some classes can reduce or even negate the fall damage. (Rogue, Priests, Druids, Mages, Warrior, Egineer...)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    Basically this is the reason there are no fall damage spells. Not only do they do a very significant amount of damage to the target, they are also pretty long duration CCs. Such an ability would be really, really strong, and if it was AoE it would need like a 3 minute cooldown. On top of that it seems likely that a vast majority, if not ALL, mobs would be immune to it because mobs dont take fall damage, making the ability likely useless for PvE.
    Well they could implament something like Deep Freeze, since boss targets are immune to Freeze as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Teslaspule View Post
    And some classes can reduce or even negate the fall damage. (Rogue, Priests, Druids, Mages, Warrior, Egineer...)
    There luck then i suppose.

Some time ago i posted this in a post:

Earth Spike - Slam on the ground to raise several Earthen Spikes.
    [Ele] Shoots the target 15 yards up in the air dealing X damage + Fall damage. 40 yards range.
    [Enh] Raises spikes around you stunning all enemies in 8 yards around you for 4 secs and dealing X damage divided by all targets.
    [Resto] Protect the target with Spikes from the ground for 10 seconds and reduces damage taken by 25% and dealing 25% of damage taken.

But i see that they wont add a fall damage spell in the game.
    I would be nice to see a spell were we shoot up a Big spike like Earthrager Ptah in HoO.
    Also the elementals in Twilight Highlands are using a nice Earten spike spell, same goes for the Crocolisks-ish mobs in The Jade Forest btw, I would like to have that.

How about the spikey ball that Erunak Stonespeaker(Throne of Tides) uses;
    Earth Shards
    60 yd range
    1 sec cast 2 sec cooldown
    Hurls a line of spikes towards a random player's location. Once the spikes reach that location, they will errupt into a larger set of spikes which deal 1885 to 2115 damage every 0.5 sec to all enemies within 5 yards. Lasts 10 sec.

Of course it needs an update for MoP.
    Last edited by mmoc8f7998508b; 2012-05-15 at 12:51 PM.

Deleted
    Sounds like something fun, but only usable on a few classes, since others can avoid the damage

Earth Block
    In case a friendly target in Earth preventing all damage done, for X amount of secs.
    If placed on an enemy target this ability acts as a stun.