No Monitor Input

So just a few hours ago I finished assembling my computer into the new case I bought. When I was finished I booted up and i couldn't get a signal out of my graphics card, so I connected right to the onboard and got a connection. The resolution of my screen was at 600x800 and there was a dialogue box saying "restoring to save point attempting to repair" or something along those lines then my computer restarted, it then installed about a half hour worth of windows updates and restarted itself again. When all of this was done, my evga precision (overclocking program) told me that there was "no supported hardware found" so I removed my graphics card and replaced it again to see if it was just loose or something. Same message came up so I tried and different graphics card and had the same results. I figured the best way to solve this would be to just reformat my computer and do a fresh install of windows since maybe my software was just bugged and couldn't recognize the hardware. I backed up all of my files that I wanted and took a nap. About six hours later I put my Windows 7 disk in and it started to install a fresh windows which i cancelled and restarted my computer so I could reformat/reinstall right from the disk. When I did this my monitor again said no signal so I checked if the cable was loose, it was fine, I tried using my TV as a monitor, nothing, I tried using a VGA monitor, no input, so now I have a computer that can turn on but can't get any sort of video feed in any way. I have already tried unplugging everything and holding the power button to try to drain excess and reset my RAM. Could my motherboard just be fried from something I did while moving it from one case to the other? I thought about this as a possible cause but then why would it have worked for six hours then? The only other thing I can think of to check would be the battery but aside from that I am lost.

Any help would be greatly appreciated I am fairly new to working with hardware, the most I had done before this point was replace my video card so moving from that to basically rebuilding my whole PC was a big step up lol :P

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Perchance is it a Z77 setup?

no the mother board is an M3A76-CM with an AMD phenom x4 processor if that helps at all, I probably should have included that with the other info

here a link to it http://ca.asus.com/en/Motherboards/AMD_AM2Plus/M3A76CM/
    Last edited by voltaa; 2012-05-13 at 01:24 AM.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm assuming all the correct power connectors etc are inserted on the graphics card?

yes all of the correct power connectors are connected to the graphics card, the graphics card is far from the issue, as even the onboard graphics from the motherboard stopped giving me a signal when I restarted

---------- Post added 2012-05-12 at 10:15 PM ----------

so it turns out that my HDD indicator light connector was installed upside down, i put it right side up again and now my monitor comes, could this have seriously been the problem or was this just dumb chance? if so LOL i so dumb