Deleted

Diablo 3 Download problem

Hi,

before I go on please understand that I am a total computer n00b... so be nice! :P

So, I've just finished downloading Diablo 3 from the new link Blizzard has provided for the EU client. However, I don't have an icon on my desktop or anything and when I search Diablo, it just comes up with loads of files but no way to actually open the game come launch.

Help?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoef View Post
    Hi,

before I go on please understand that I am a total computer n00b... so be nice! :P

So, I've just finished downloading Diablo 3 from the new link Blizzard has provided for the EU client. However, I don't have an icon on my desktop or anything and when I search Diablo, it just comes up with loads of files but no way to actually open the game come launch.

Help?
    Same here but that's because you only download the install files. You have to wait for release to actually install the game.
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

Deleted
    Hmm, okay! So when we install the game, what do we actually do? :P

What you downloaded was the installer, not the game.

If you go to Computer > Local C drive > Users > (your user name) > There should be a folder called Diablo III (mines called 'Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer')

If you open this up you should see "Diablo III setup" This is what you need to run to install the game. HOWEVER. If you launch it now you will be told that you can't install the game yet since it is not out. The installer becomes active on the 14th (the day before the game comes out) atleast here in the US it does. Then the servers themselves come online on the 15th and everyone can play.

any questions?
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

After u downloaded the "installer" from their website, you run it and it will download a folder where u tell it to called "Diablo-III-8370-enGB-Installer", when you can start installing the game on monday you will have to open that folder, and find the file named "Diablo III Setup", run it and you're done (I think, since i can't do that now ).

Go to the folder you downloaded to and there should be a diablo 3 setup - if there is not.. run the launcher again and save to the same folder and see if you missed any files.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoef View Post
    Hmm, okay! So when we install the game, what do we actually do? :P
    First run the downloader which you've already downloaded - mine's the EU English version, so it was called Diablo-III-8370-enGB-Installer-downloader
    Running that downloaded the installer into a folder of the same name (but without the -downloader on the end).
    Go into that new folder on the 14th, and run "Diablo III Setup.exe" (assuming you're on Windows.