Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    Does this game have achievements like D3 did? "Perfect loot" does not interest me in the slightest, but I do enjoy games with achievements and things to grind out. Will I be encouraged to play more than once or is the end game about +2 more dexterity? From screenshots the game looks pretty cool, but I've become so difficult to entertain that I'm really hesitant to buy another game. I need something to spend my time on.
    Yes, the game has achievements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Yes, the game has achievements.
    Hmm...well I guess that settles it for me. What do I have to lose besides possible entertainment? I'm in. Thanks!

Edit: It's only 20 bucks?? Sooo in.
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2012-09-21 at 08:16 PM.

Embermage has been a lot of fun. Explosions, EVERYWHERE. So many spell effects. I'm leaning heavily on Magma Spear and Fire Pillars though, smashing down Death's Bounty all over the place. Shocking Burst and Infernal Collapse for when I'm surrounded by dangerous but weak mobs, and Hailstorm for mass destructable.. destruction.

Game's a lot of fun. I'll tire of it soon I'm sure, and then I'll give Engineer a whirl (maybe berserker too, I just picked up a pretty sick shield), but I rest easy knowing that not only was it inexpensive, but if I come back in 8 months, there'll be a healthy modding community around it. Just the thing to tide me over a few days 'till MoP, since I wanted to wean myself off of GW2 a bit before it landed.

/haseverythingplannedout

/dontlookatmelikethat

/shutup

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    Hmm...well I guess that settles it for me. What do I have to lose besides possible entertainment? I'm in. Thanks!

Edit: It's only 20 bucks?? Sooo in.

Yeah it's only $20 so really can't go too wrong with it.

Just got this, and WOW. What a awsome and addicting game. It's so fast paced, and colorful. I love the look of this game, and the fact that you can get great loot early on, making you feel excited to use that piece of gear as soon as you hit the reqiurement. Love the way pets work too, able to hold on to your extra loot, cash it in town at anytime, and even going shopping for you. Oh, and thank you for have stances for our pets. Always hated in D3 how my companion would just go and pull everything. This game just feels right,never feels like things are moving too slow. Thank you Runic Games!

Kind of a minor thing because I love clickfests to begin with, but I really wish the environment was more animated. In Titan Quest, bushes, trees, everything swayed the way you would imagine when enemies or yourself ran through, and it was highly immersive. That being said, I overlook this simple thing because the game is great.

Mine is downloading now Can't wait!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzzyx View Post
    Kind of a minor thing because I love clickfests to begin with, but I really wish the environment was more animated. In Titan Quest, bushes, trees, everything swayed the way you would imagine when enemies or yourself ran through, and it was highly immersive. That being said, I overlook this simple thing because the game is great.
    On the contrary, I have noticed tons of cool things. Little skeletons in cages reaching out for you, weird rituals that you interrupt and get waves of mobs attacking you, little bonus areas where you have to clear the area within a certain time. Tons of little interesting things, not just animations but cool little things. I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Played an Engineer to level 20 last night.

The graphic style is cool. I like that within the first 20 levels, Ive seen more tile sets than 100% of diablo 3 map tile sets.

The loot game is better than D3. I like getting items that I have to LEVEL UP to use. I dont like getting 450 trash items before I can get something useful.

The gameplay and engine responsiveness are not as good as Blizzards D3 engine. Period. Not in single or Online. This is why this game doesnt get the "gold star". Gameplay needs to come first. No excuses.

Overall. I like this game about as much as D3. It does some things great and some things are just outdated. I feel the same way about D3.
    There's certainly a difference between the first and second games though. You may not feel it coming from D3, but it feels great compared to the first. But D3 better have more responsivness on the engine given how much more polish is in it, and it likely had way more development time and budget. For $20 though, it's amazing, no question.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Played an Engineer to level 20 last night.

The graphic style is cool. I like that within the first 20 levels, Ive seen more tile sets than 100% of diablo 3 map tile sets.

The loot game is better than D3. I like getting items that I have to LEVEL UP to use. I dont like getting 450 trash items before I can get something useful.

The gameplay and engine responsiveness are not as good as Blizzards D3 engine. Period. Not in single or Online. This is why this game doesnt get the "gold star". Gameplay needs to come first. No excuses.

Overall. I like this game about as much as D3. It does some things great and some things are just outdated. I feel the same way about D3.
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/torchlight-ii

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-iii

OH yea not a gold star. More like ARPG of the year. Tl2 feels just as smooth if not smoother and more responsive than any diablo game. It is superior in every single way and only costs 1/3 the price of that other game. It puts the developer of that other game to shame.

Can anyone give me an idea what fame does? It's not very clear.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-09-21 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    On the contrary, I have noticed tons of cool things. Little skeletons in cages reaching out for you, weird rituals that you interrupt and get waves of mobs attacking you, little bonus areas where you have to clear the area within a certain time. Tons of little interesting things, not just animations but cool little things. I love it!
    That's different. He's talking about environmental responses to character movement. Like in Rift how the foliage will ruffle around your feet as you run through it.

*Mod hat*

Keep this on Torchlight 2 guys. This can easily go down a TL2 vs. D3 road and I'd rather it not (since that leaves to closing it). Comparisons will be inevitable, but try not to go overboard.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/torchlight-ii

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-iii

OH yea not a gold star. More like ARPG of the year. Tl2 feels just as smooth if not smoother and more responsive than any diablo game. It is superior in every single way and only costs 1/3 the price of that other game. It puts the developer of that other game to shame.

Can anyone give me an idea what fame does? It's not very clear.
    If it's anything like the first game (got about 80% through it) nothing besides being fame. You can lose it from rezzing I think (only died once so far and that cost gold). Maybe it does something gear wise later on, but I've not seen anything besides it being purely for title type things.

Deleted
    I think you get a skill point for a level of fame, correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Scyo View Post
    I think you get a skill point for a level of fame, correct me if I'm wrong.
    YES! Sorry, I totally forgot about that until I went to play. Thanks for seeing it.

Having alot of fun with Torchlight 2 so far! I never played this first, but I saw Force do some vids and that really spiked my interest. Anyway, I JUST beat the game (well, not really, did one run through and hit lvl 50½ or so). I exit the game and enter again, but steam pops up and says something about a conflict of files between my computer and steam cloud? I don't really remember what I press and when I log in my resume is at lvl 37 in the Imperial Camp.. lolwut? Does anyone know how to get my save from lvl 50 back?

So can anyone explain the armor/damage system to me?
    I've started wielding dual pistols with 120 dps - my non-crits are 5-40 damage, while my 110 dps shotgun hits for 70+ all the time.
    Yet my friend engineer, wielding a 1-hand 120 dps mace doesn't hit lower than 40.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    That's different. He's talking about environmental responses to character movement. Like in Rift how the foliage will ruffle around your feet as you run through it.

*Mod hat*

Keep this on Torchlight 2 guys. This can easily go down a TL2 vs. D3 road and I'd rather it not (since that leaves to closing it). Comparisons will be inevitable, but try not to go overboard.
    Aye, this is what I'm talking about. I would like to run through the foliage and have it actually move, it's been done in countless point-click games of the last 10 years or greater, but not here. Again, a minor point and the game has tons of charm to make up for it, but it still would have been nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    So can anyone explain the armor/damage system to me?
    I've started wielding dual pistols with 120 dps - my non-crits are 5-40 damage, while my 110 dps shotgun hits for 70+ all the time.
    Yet my friend engineer, wielding a 1-hand 120 dps mace doesn't hit lower than 40.
    Speed of weapon matters. Look on damage of your weapons, most likely your 120 dps weapon has high speed and damage like: 40-60, while you 110 dps weapon might have slower speed, but damage like: 80-120. Low damage weapons suffer from high armored mobs more than high damage weapons.

why is act 2 in these games always in a desert?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be picking this game up because of its cheap price. I have a lot of time and effort being put into SWTOR and Borderlands 2 right now, but I think I can make room for TL2 as well.