Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ...
21
29
30
31
32
33
41
... LastLast
  1. #601
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    13,053
    Is it just me, or is the ratio of weapons drops far favoring two-handers, and all quest rewards are also two-handers?

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  2. #602
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    This. It's incredible how much you can take compared to other classes. I love TL2, but I do have the feeling some classes need better mechanics/skills or just plain more survivability.
    Yeah. I have the same feeling. If not classes at least some specs are considerably stronger than others. Just to illustrate with lvl 5 engineer I can hit with normal attack for 120-130 damage, with lvl 8 bow outlander I hit for 80 when I crit ! The outlander takes way more damage when hit, so that balances the lack of damage I guess

    Quote Originally Posted by insane0hflex View Post
    Is anyone else struggling to play elite difficulty without resorting to cheap mechanics? aka using a higher level character to "provide" gear to you via the share chest?
    I just buy butload of pots to drink through any trouble That and 15 minute long boss fights ^^.
    Last edited by Repefe; 2012-09-23 at 06:53 PM.

    My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

  3. #603
    If you want to disable camera shake,


    Navigate to
    C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\My Games\Runic Games\Torchlight 2\save\

    click on the folder there, might be a string of numbers

    then edit the settings.txt file

    change the line:
    NO CAMERA SHAKE :0
    to
    NO CAMERA SHAKE :1

    Enjoy =)
    Did this quick and easy edit because I absolutely abhor camera shake =)

  4. #604
    Mechagnome Lenin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Posts
    542
    Epic game, I didn't enjoyed this much in some game for a loooong, long time.. Played for 7 hours and I am 25lvl Outlander, now going to catch some sleep.

  5. #605
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Yeah. I have the same feeling. If not classes at least some specs are considerably stronger than others. Just to illustrate with lvl 5 engineer I can hit with normal attack for 120-130 damage, with lvl 8 bow outlander I hit for 80 when I crit ! The outlander takes way more damage when hit, so that balances the lack of damage I guess
    Well it's not the general class imbalance, it's just the fact that the outlander class is rubbish. It's got weak damage due to static armor, barely any cc and no survivability.
    All other classes are quite okay.

  6. #606
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    Well it's not the general class imbalance, it's just the fact that the outlander class is rubbish. It's got weak damage due to static armor, barely any cc and no survivability.
    All other classes are quite okay.
    I'll agree with this, I got my Outlander to lvl 34 (elite mode) then I got tired of doing crap damage and dieing to EVERYTHING! 2 hits = death, or 1 hit from some mobs. Impossible to avoid everything.
    Just finished the main story on elite mode as an Engineer, looking forward to starting the map levels tomorrow . Main story got me to level 54 so I've still got nearly as many levels left hehe.

    I've only played multiplayer with some friends, no singleplayer at all yet. From that experience I'd rank the classes like this:

    Damage Potential: Berserker > Engineer/Embermage > Outlander
    Survivability: Engineer > Berserker > Embermage > Outlander
    Support: Engineer > Berserker/Outlander/Embermage

    Overall: Engineer/Berserker > Embermage > Outlander

    For team play, Outlander simply has no place, its main problem being that it is far too squishy.

  7. #607
    The Lightbringer Vellerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, England
    Posts
    3,459
    Gotta say I'm really impressed with the sheer ammount of content in this game, everywhere you go there is shit to do, side quest dungeons, small events, phase challenges, random maps, its really overflowing with stuff to do.

  8. #608
    Ok, I need halp.

    So, my main right now is a super tanky engineer that's vit focused, currently level 24 (because I'm slow)

    My problem: About 80% of my autoattacks hit for about 3-9 damage, with another 15% hitting for double digits, and the remaining 5% hitting for proper damage. My stat sheet is saying I should be doing 205, so I'd expect to at least be in the triple digits for autoattacks (accounting for armor). I know about fumbled attacks, but this is just silly.

    Anyone else experience this? And is there a way to fix this nonsense? It's really killing the game for me right now. My shield attack and armor attacks hit for the proper damage most of the time, but anything using my weapon (on my third different weapon now) hits for squat : /

  9. #609
    I'm REALLY enjoying my Beserker.

    I feel extremely OP as one and may head into elite after my first playthrough. Basically, every crit gives me 10% of my health back. I can charge through groups of enemies and heal myself for a LOT per enemy that I hit. My damage is absurd.

    I feel like Beserker is the most OP class out there. Am I just inexperienced or am I correct in thinking that?

  10. #610
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I'm REALLY enjoying my Beserker.

    I feel extremely OP as one and may head into elite after my first playthrough. Basically, every crit gives me 10% of my health back. I can charge through groups of enemies and heal myself for a LOT per enemy that I hit. My damage is absurd.

    I feel like Beserker is the most OP class out there. Am I just inexperienced or am I correct in thinking that?
    If you're playing on normal, it's pretty easy. If you build a glass cannon berzerker you're going to get slammed by large groups of guys in elite difficulty.

    Berzerker is fun as hell though.

  11. #611
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Ok, I need halp.

    So, my main right now is a super tanky engineer that's vit focused, currently level 24 (because I'm slow)

    My problem: About 80% of my autoattacks hit for about 3-9 damage, with another 15% hitting for double digits, and the remaining 5% hitting for proper damage. My stat sheet is saying I should be doing 205, so I'd expect to at least be in the triple digits for autoattacks (accounting for armor). I know about fumbled attacks, but this is just silly.

    Anyone else experience this? And is there a way to fix this nonsense? It's really killing the game for me right now. My shield attack and armor attacks hit for the proper damage most of the time, but anything using my weapon (on my third different weapon now) hits for squat : /
    I had approximately same situation with my engineer at around level 24-25 as well. Then I raised up Dexterity some more, found better weapon, and tried to get some more str and dex from gear. Main dps improvement was from better weapon. Also while you have mana - there is no reason to use autoattack:P Even 1st rank of Flame Hammer without Charge outdoes auto-attack at your level. Auto-attack is mainly good when you wait for mana to regen back, and with better gear and at later levels auto-attack will start dishing good enough damage.

    Oh and try to look for weapons with sockets and put some magic damage gems in there - it will ignore physical armor and it has great synergy with some of engineer's skills (especially Fire, also Electric if you use "Fire and Spark" passive). Those gems helped me too.

    Edit: Oh and what weapon do you use? You might try claws at this point of game (as they ignore half of enemy's armor), and should stay away from axes.
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2012-09-24 at 04:31 AM.

  12. #612
    The Patient
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    In your air conditioning
    Posts
    304
    I enjoyed this game. Not as much as i enjoy D3 ( GASP!!) Hey now. I am NOT saying anything bad about TL2 I loved the 1st game and really like playing this 1. Its got a good Sword and Board Class. level 36 right now.
    GC : Reclaimer, Everything you say is real and I respect you because you tell it.
    Reclaimer : When you say " Plz " instead of please, I say " No " because its shorter than Yes.
    Relliks : Dude, Reclaimer's fucking epic. He's got the right to quote himself.

  13. #613
    Is there any benefit of playing Elite?

  14. #614
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Is there any benefit of playing Elite?
    Slightly better stuff and xp mostly.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

  15. #615
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenlnir View Post
    Slightly better stuff and xp mostly.
    Ah...

    brb rerolling for Elite. Anyone have and good Beserker builds? ;D

  16. #616
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    13,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post

    Edit: Oh and what weapon do you use? You might try claws at this point of game (as they ignore half of enemy's armor), and should stay away from axes.
    Wait, what's wrong with axes? I've just been using whatever I can find (minus claws, I want a cleave). And that's hard enough to do, because one-handed weapons just do not drop for me, and quests never offer them as rewards.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  17. #617
    Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    Well it's not the general class imbalance, it's just the fact that the outlander class is rubbish. It's got weak damage due to static armor, barely any cc and no survivability.
    All other classes are quite okay.
    Playing some more of bow outlander (can't help it, it's so fun to play) I am not sure it's exactly the case. I get the feeling that if built right outlander can be strong. Got some very nice results using bow with life steal and -armor on hit and I expect rifle/pistol builds to be even better than bow. Also for cc you have root since lvl 7, it's not too shabby.

    My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

  18. #618
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Wait, what's wrong with axes? I've just been using whatever I can find (minus claws, I want a cleave). And that's hard enough to do, because one-handed weapons just do not drop for me, and quests never offer them as rewards.
    Forget about what I wrote about axes, I was wrong about it (got influenced by my first walkthrough where I had some bad luck with weapons).

    Claw is good to have at earlier levels due to armor ignore, especially against champions/bosses, and main AoE is coming from skills anyway. Claws are also fastest weapons, so you get the most out of life/mana on hit.
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2012-09-24 at 06:30 AM.

  19. #619
    Just got torchlight 2 last night and I'm loving it! Quick question though, I started on veteran but was wondering is there a difference in loot / xp if you play on harder difficulties, compared to normal etc?

  20. #620
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Forget about what I wrote about axes, I was wrong about it (got influenced by my first walkthrough where I had some bad luck with weapons).

    Claw is good to have at earlier levels due to armor ignore, especially against champions/bosses, and main AoE is coming from skills anyway. Claws are also fastest weapons, so you get the most out of life/mana on hit.
    The point of claws, is that they're good to use, always. If you're building a DEX/VIT build, use claws, always. 50% of armor gets ignored, which means you won't easily hit 1-5 damage. I'd personally say that a DEX/VIT build is currently the only way to sustain yourself properly. Strength has no function when you're working with spells that have scaling fixed damage. A claw will still deal massive damage (not confirmed, but I think crits always deal crit damage over the full damage value and armor is substracted after that, not visa versa. Hence, you will deal damage equal to ((DAMAGE * CRITDMG%) - (Armor * 50%)) and you will live. A.lot.longer.

    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Ok, I need halp.

    So, my main right now is a super tanky engineer that's vit focused, currently level 24 (because I'm slow)

    My problem: About 80% of my autoattacks hit for about 3-9 damage, with another 15% hitting for double digits, and the remaining 5% hitting for proper damage. My stat sheet is saying I should be doing 205, so I'd expect to at least be in the triple digits for autoattacks (accounting for armor). I know about fumbled attacks, but this is just silly.

    Anyone else experience this? And is there a way to fix this nonsense? It's really killing the game for me right now. My shield attack and armor attacks hit for the proper damage most of the time, but anything using my weapon (on my third different weapon now) hits for squat : /
    What I said. You go tanky, go DEX/VIT, plus claws I'm level 18, dealing about 150 - 250 crit damage per autoattack and regular attacks still hit for 80-90. Fumbles do occur, but static armor reduction has hardly any impact. And my shield damage usually triggers the expected damage. Crits are especially sweet.

    The only thing I'm having issues with right now, is the damage some of the mobs started doing on me, going from one area to the next. Getting hit for 200 occasionally and it's not comfortable when you need to be in melee range. Especially on HC -_-
    Last edited by Vespian; 2012-09-24 at 06:58 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •