in January this years, Atari filed for bankruptcy. we now know who acquires the remaining licences
- Wargaming World (world of tank) acquires Total Annihilation and Master of Orion franchises
- Stardock System (sins of a solar empire) acquires Star Control
- Rebellion Interactive acquires BattleZone and Moonbase Commander franchises
- Epic Gear takes the Backyard sport series (Baseball, Basket, Football, etc.)
- Tommo Interactive gets studio Humongous games: Fatty Bear's Birthday Surprise and Math Gran Prix
- we have no word right now on who acquires RollerCoaster Tycoon and Test Drive franchises.
Farewell Atari, yet another big name of the past just goes away.
i'm intrigued what will happens of the total annihilation and master of orion franchise though.