Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    So good that people are already talking how will they mod it after launch? Thats some trust in development.
    Yeah because Skyrim is bad right that's why people mod it? Modding is the one best thing with PC games, all developers should try to endorse it if they have the time and funds to as it enhances the lifespan of the game which in turn can generate more sales, Morrowind is still selling for example.

On Torchlight 2, I hope it will be a good game, but I will most likely not buy it, not for a long time anyway. I'm not into dungeoncrawlers where I can push the left-key and go through the entire game that way (Aura-Paladin in D2 says hello) because it isn't enjoyable.
    Last edited by mmoc64e39b9c60; 2012-05-14 at 07:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalesh View Post
    Sure, mods are a good thing. As a side thing, to make the game live a little bit longer. Not when it is supposed to keep it alive at all.

Especialy with fanbase that doesnt even know what the hell it wants.
    That's an incredibly dense thing to say. Is Skyrim a bad game because it allows mods? Is WoW a bad game because it allows addons? Is Portal 2 a bad game because it has an editor?

What makes you think that mods in Torchlight 2 are designed to keep the game alive and not just make it last longer? Based on those available for the first game, some will be tweaks (same as Skyrim; changing some stat values, abilities, graphics mods, just optional tweaks that some users might prefer) while some will introduce entirely new classes and other content. You cannot say that is a bad thing.

Edit: Actually, going through your post history it's clear you just like trolling about Torchlight.
    Yup, creativity at its finest. Some people are simpletons and can't understand such concepts, poor things.

To everyone in the Beta, keep testing and leaving properly organized and constructing feedback in the forum when you can. The devs watch the forum closely and good feedback can make a difference.

---------- Post added 2012-05-14 at 08:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    I'm not into dungeoncrawlers where I can push the left-key and go through the entire game that way (Aura-Paladin in D2 says hello) because it isn't enjoyable.
    Not sure where you get this impression, there's many difficulty options in the game, like all ARPGs. From casual all the way to NG+ Elite Hardcore mode.
    Last edited by mmoc3fe040ec5f; 2012-05-14 at 08:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i've just found out about the tl2 presale with Tl1 included, so...i bought it it right away.
    there's no lose for 20 bucks.
    great game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm buying Diablo 3 on release, but I've got 3 friends lined up to do a 4 pack purchase from Steam. That'll bring the price to $15 for each of us. I don't think it'll be better than Diablo 3, but we'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    My location is irrelevant to your interests
    I like the artstyle of Diablo 3 more than Torchlight 2, but I'll give it a shot. But from what I've seen I won't really play it long term. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    Not sure where you get this impression, there's many difficulty options in the game, like all ARPGs. From casual all the way to NG+ Elite Hardcore mode.
    Played Diablo 2 as a Paladin and found that only speccing into Auras and spamming pots could save me from every situation (on normal and then again on hard at least), so I restarted a barb after I reached the jungle lands on the paladin, and it was the same thing but instead I used two mouse-buttons. Nah I'm just bored by ARPGs, they don't tickle my fancy even if I enjoyed the story.

Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    Played Diablo 2 as a Paladin and found that only speccing into Auras and spamming pots could save me from every situation (on normal and then again on hard at least), so I restarted a barb after I reached the jungle lands on the paladin, and it was the same thing but instead I used two mouse-buttons. Nah I'm just bored by ARPGs, they don't tickle my fancy even if I enjoyed the story.
    Single player is no challenge, we ge it.
    l'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol.

Deleted
    I very much liked the style of the game when playing the Torchlight 2 beta. And the music score is just the best. The modding for me is a plus simply because it's fun to mod and be creative and take part of others creativity. And at only $20 it's a nobrainer and probably one of this years most bang-4-your-bucks game.

10+ Year Old Account
    20 bucks for a game with more features and functionality than the 60 dollar title currently being sold. No brainer indeed. Made an account at the runic website hopefully 'll get a beta invite. How much you wanna bet it wont have server issues on day one? It's really a shame though because it's shaping up to be massively superior to diablo 3 but it doesn't have the name recognition to carry it. Spread the word I guess, that's what I've been doing.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-05-15 at 06:27 PM.

Sure, mods are a good thing. As a side thing, to make the game live a little bit longer. Not when it is supposed to keep it alive at all.

Especialy with fanbase that doesnt even know what the hell it wants.
    So Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, Quake, Unreal, The Elder Scrolls, Fallout 3/NV, Diablo 2, War/StarCraft, and thousands of other games have all required modding to keep them alive? Interesting. I never knew this.

For what it is worth. Total Biscuit had a 40min preview of the latest beta.

Looks fantastic! Fast, colorful and smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

Looks fantastic! Fast, colorful and smart.
    Saw that today. It's quite intriguing, mostly in the combat, which TB obviously had a lot of praise for. Not a fan of that old-school talent tree or some of the other things, but the pets, combat and art really have me interested.

Deleted
    Oh, missed that. Gonna go watch it now!

Yea, one thing that struck me was TB saying, "This game is great. Flat out, great."

Not something I hear TB in particular say about too many games he previews. Right before that he commented that he was happy playing the game, "I'm grinning while I play this..." Also a great tipoff to me when I hear any commentator say that such as MikeB or Day9.

The doldrums of playing games for a living often sucks the fun out of things. When a game expresses joy in you enough to comment on it as such, I think that is worth noting.

Deleted
    TL2 climbed back up to Steam's top sellers chart.

It was 4th yesterday, now 3rd, up from a stable 8th to 12th.

It's doing very well already, and that's not counting the pre-orders from other platforms.

Yea, one thing that struck me was TB saying, "This game is great. Flat out, great."

Not something I hear TB in particular say about too many games he previews. Right before that he commented that he was happy playing the game, "I'm grinning while I play this..." Also a great tipoff to me when I hear any commentator say that such as MikeB or Day9.

The doldrums of playing games for a living often sucks the fun out of things. When a game expresses joy in you enough to comment on it as such, I think that is worth noting.
    I was thinking the same thing. TB plays a lot of Tribes, but I've never heard him Tribes is by no means 'a great game' or 'awesome game', he just tries to minimize his critics to 'a good game' or 'a very good game'. And he's very aware of this detail when reviewing games.
    l'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Teebee is on the fence between a good & a bad game when it comes to Tribes, I believe one of the reasons are the huge amount of "grinding" you need to do if you want to play the game completely Free to Play.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    It's sad. Tl2 looks like it's shaping up to be one of the best games of the year but since it lacks the name recognition of that other game it probably won't take off as much. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    It's sad. Tl2 looks like it's shaping up to be one of the best games of the year but since it lacks the name recognition of that other game it probably won't take off as much. What a shame.
    Sadly marketing budgets are super important : /

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Sadly marketing budgets are super important : /
    Branding and marketability. I'll try and get my friends to play it. All you can do is spread the word right?
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-05-16 at 09:55 PM.