Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, uh, leveling doesn't identify items. You have to level to a certain level before it will. And orange gear doesn't at all. Sucks....might as well just take that feature off.

On that note, I really would like to go back and kill shit again. I'm in a level 32 (minimum) dungeon at level 28 because...well, I don't know why. I'm killing everything, doing every side quest I find. Really not fair.

And I'm getting sick of mobs that run away. You can't hurt em with melee, at all, because as long as they run, your swings will keep missing. Flying mobs are even worse, they just make them immune to being attacked while they're hanging up there. Game is getting frustrating more than anything right.

Having a current issue now. Void Ember Shard requires item level 28, but it won't let me put it into an item that's level 31.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-09-23 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Oh that note, I really would like to go back and kill shit again. I'm i na level 32 (minimum) dungeon at level 28 because...well, I don't know why. I'm killing everything, doing every side quest I find. Really not fair.

And I'm getting sick of mobs that run away. You can't hurt em with melee, at all, because as long as they run, your swings will keep missing. Flying mobs are even worse, they just make them immune to being attacked while they're hanging up there. Game is getting frustrating more than anything right.
    You can reroll (respawn) world by entering multiplayer (LAN or Internet) with option "Reroll World" checked. And you most likely skipped on some bonus dungeons, as I was killing all things and making all side quests on my way and was always 1-3 levels above area I was in.

Main damage comes mostly from better weapon for melee (and at lower levels difference between having bad and good weapon is very big and noticeable), and you also want to invest into Dexterity till specific point, if you kept ignoring it. It reduces fumble penalty, increases critical strike chance and dodge chance (and dodge works against any attack from what I saw).

P.S.: Those mobs immune to being attacked - roach myrmidons? They are the only mobs in the game who cheat like that from what I've seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Difficulty is a personal call though. That too is not a factor in how well the gameplay is accomplished.

Although I would like a slightly harder game. Admittedly I may be in the minority here as my preferred ARPGs are very steep and punishing. Again, this is merely my own personal musing. So it's not too important.
    We just need the old "Players 8" from Diablo 2 and I think that would fix a lot of issues. Being able to set the number of players would allow a better fine tuning of the difficulty. Where someone finds Elite just a bit too high, and Veteran a bit too low, they could run Veteran x2 or Veteran x3 to find that sweet spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    So can anyone explain to me how damage in this game works?

I am playing veteran on an outlander, i've got something like 200-300 damage on both pistols, when i attack mobs or the dummy, i constantly hit for something like 2,2,2,5,5,11,2,3,5,50!,80,100,2,3,5,5,5. Crits are somewhere between 40 and 300 damage. No fumbles, fumble is 3% atm, due to my pistol bonuses.

I just don't understand how the damage in this game works.
    Static armor. If you do 100 dmg (200 crit) and monster has 90 armor dmg looks like 10, 10, 10, 110, 10, 110. Add to that difference between min and max dmg and what you see there is normal. Pick up a weapon with -armor on hit and watch how the numbers grow after a while on dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    I love the game but my 1 big gripe about it is that the classes seem a fair bit unbalanced.

I'm playing MP with 2 other friends (Elite difficulty), my lvl 31 tank+minion spec Engineer just breezes through everything, I just stand there, tank stuff and throw mines and turrets, while keeping shields up. It feels way too easy for being the hardest difficulty level. I very rarely die, if I do it's usually to some kind of oneshot mechanic that I wasn't paying attention to.
    Where as my lvl 34 Outlander with summoning spec does LESS overall damage, not to mention it's squishy as hell and usually gets 2 or 3 shotted by even regular mobs. I realize it may be due to my spec choice but summoning spec really feels abysmally bad. Still I doubt my spec choice alone could make up for that difference. It feels like something's very wrong when Veteran difficulty feels challenging as Outlander, while Elite difficulty feels too easy as Engineer.
    Aye, due to their natural healing capabilities, Berserkers, but primarily Engineers win this game on any difficulty. So far, I haven't been able to complete acts without dying on the other two classes, on elite, and I dare not even approach HC on them. My HC engi is doing pretty well, for a melee guy. Currently taking a whole lot more damage again, going from one area to the other, so I'll be farming a few area's before proceeding.

Deleted
    http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=35644

First patch just went up. There are some issues though, don't let it update just yet.

Any of you cute folks claiming the game is easy, care to put your money where your mouth is and make an Elite Hardcore toon with me? Skype is Shmidley.

Deleted
    Well, I'm already done with this game.

The patch had the effect of deleting about 20 uniques I was saving in my shared stash, so pissed off.

Nice QA.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalizari View Post

The patch had the effect of deleting about 20 uniques I was saving in my shared stash, so pissed off.

Nice QA.
    Because internal testing = live environment. You'll earn it back soon enough. It's just stuff at the end of the day, was it really going to affect your enjoyment of the game that much?

Quote Originally Posted by Zalizari View Post

Nice QA.
    Same thing happened to me with the Steam cloud sync bug. My crap probably wasn't as good as yours though :/
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Yeah, uh, leveling doesn't identify items. You have to level to a certain level before it will. And orange gear doesn't at all. Sucks....might as well just take that feature off.
    Not sure how it works but when I level I frequently see messages stating 'You have identified items'. I believe you need to be the level required to use the item to identify it though. Not sure if it applies to uniques. Don't know why you're complaining tbh, they didn't really have to add this feature in at all.

On that note, I really would like to go back and kill shit again. I'm in a level 32 (minimum) dungeon at level 28 because...well, I don't know why. I'm killing everything, doing every side quest I find. Really not fair.
    You're missing something then. I am 36 in a 31-34 area, I fully explore the maps and dungeons, killing everything and doing every quest.

I'm an Engineer, no issues here, sounds like a learn to play problem more than anything. Get better or swap to a ranged class maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    About identifying on level up. When you mouse over an unidentified object, it will have a level require. It will also say right-click to use identify scroll or level up to identify. You have to level up to the item's level requirement to identify it. Oranges seem to need a scroll no matter what from what I've seen.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdecker View Post
    Any other berserker around here playing on Elite ? how are you staying alive ? for me its Shadow Burst spam 50% of the time ~.~
    Savage Rush, with enough mana regen to keep me going forever. I run circles around everything and never get hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    I'm an Engineer, no issues here, sounds like a learn to play problem more than anything. Get better or swap to a ranged class maybe.
    Running mobs being immune to melee attacks != my problem.

I like it so far. It does look and feel incredibly much like the first one though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Put a ranged weapon in your second weapon slots and swap (press w) to kill flying/running mobs when you need to.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

You can get in front of them as you're generally faster than they are. That and there are attacks as a melee that will make you move forward rapidly (leaps ect.) that work well for killing them.

Deleted
    Wow... went from playing an outlander to a sword and board engy...
    So much survival...

Is anyone else struggling to play elite difficulty without resorting to cheap mechanics? aka using a higher level character to "provide" gear to you via the share chest?

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Wow... went from playing an outlander to a sword and board engy...
    So much survival...
    This. It's incredible how much you can take compared to other classes. I love TL2, but I do have the feeling some classes need better mechanics/skills or just plain more survivability.