Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Enchanting is pretty nice, ive spent so much on it. Really hard to get a good 2nd and 3rd roll, but something to do with the gold. At least you can disenchant if you get crappy mods.

I got 3% casting speed on my gloves, -42 armor on my cannon. Some of them are really good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, it seems you can't transfer gold to your shared stash. Too bad.

I found an interesting bug. Put a bunch of items in your shared stash, then create a new character. You can't shift-click the items into your character's inventory, you have to manually do it the first time.

---------- Post added 2012-10-02 at 12:02 AM ----------

The Uniques in this game are rather amusing. At least, the weapons are.

http://i.imgur.com/AsPM0.jpg?1

And my current two weapons
    http://i.imgur.com/4SQUH.jpg?1
    http://i.imgur.com/TN8If.jpg?1

---------- Post added 2012-10-02 at 12:48 AM ----------

If you die in the Mapworks, and you choose to rez in town, is there no way to get back where you were?

Not seeing much of a need yet to take skills beyond rank 1. Will this change down the road? I'm level 30, for reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Brantin View Post
    Not seeing much of a need yet to take skills beyond rank 1. Will this change down the road? I'm level 30, for reference.
    For some skills the rank 15 is way way stronger than rank 1, what class do you play ?

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Don't see why you wouldn't want to upgrade them. On top of more damage (higher % of weapon dps, higher base damage or bonus damage), you get some nice bonuses a 5-10-15 points in.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Don't see why you wouldn't want to upgrade them. On top of more damage (higher % of weapon dps, higher base damage or bonus damage), you get some nice bonuses a 5-10-15 points in.
    Also higher proc chance which in some cases is massive.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post

[/COLOR]If you die in the Mapworks, and you choose to rez in town, is there no way to get back where you were?
    I Open a waypoint portal as soon as I enter a map works map so I can get back in and not waste gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, love the flavor text. I'm just surprised you got something useful off of combining items.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    For some skills the rank 15 is way way stronger than rank 1, what class do you play ?
    I'm playing an Embermage, full fire. I just hit 40 and Act 3. I have all my spells so far, except the last one. Each is at rank one except for my passives, which stay maxed. Stat points go 3 intelligence and 2 vitality each level. So far only bosses and named enemies haves posed any threat. Most mobs don't live past one round of spells, if even that.

I've gotten useful stuff from alchemy. A level 37 shield that I used till like level 50-something springs to mind. It had great stats for me. I actually might still be using it on flip set actually.

I found gambling to be the best source of weapons/armor. Usually can net about 2-3 unique and boatload of rare items by gambling. Which can be passed down/reused to keep your total income across all characters at a comfortable level.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-10-02 at 06:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I've gotten useful stuff from alchemy. A level 37 shield that I used till like level 50-somethign spring to mind. It had great stats for me. I actually might still be using it on flip set actually.

I found gambling to be the best source of weapons/armor. Usually can net about 2-3 unique and boatload of rare items by gambling. Which can be passed down/reused to keep your total income across all characters at a comfortable level.
    Where are you getting all this money for gambling? I put a couple enchantments on my gear, and I'm broke. Gambling seems just as bad, if not worse than enchanting, because at least with enchanting, you're gatting something out of it. What are the realistic chances of getting a unique from gambling?

On that note, I got a level 17 unique set helm from a 60-ish boss yesterday. Which I'm ok with, because it has 30% gold find on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Where are you getting all this money for gambling? I put a couple enchantments on my gear, and I'm broke. Gambling seems just as bad, if not worse than enchanting, because at least with enchanting, you're gatting something out of it. What are the realistic chances of getting a unique from gambling?
    I just run maps and sell everything I don't need or use. With enchanting I am very careful not to enchant stuff with just random crap.

For example, I usually only enchant weapons with fire damage from the raccoon guy in the desert. Whenever I find him, I throw down a portal and carefully select which weapons that would useful to me in the long run. Anytime I find the stat guy, I mule like all my shared/stashed gear over.

+20 ice armor is worthless to me in the long run. I won't spend 400k for some random crap that I don't care about.

Also as said, I reuse gear across characters. Which means gear already enchanted/rune'd is money saved. In fact, it's money gained. Because I am selling all the other crap & not spending cash on enchants/runes.

Short of that I am just a natural "grind-centric player".

10+ Year Old Account
    Still doesn't really explain your multiple uniques through gambling. That probably cost you a million or two gold.

I will reuses some gear, but as much as I find that I deem worth keeping, I don't have the room. I already have one mule, and the only character I have is a 68 Engineer.

I have 4 characters at ~50. Which is when you beat the normal campaign usually. Maybe your luck is just bad?

Usually get a pretty nice return buying 2 or 3 pieces around 12k or so invested per. Rares are pretty common. The ones with the little x are guaranteed to be part of a set or a unique more often than not.

Not sure how I stack up versus others. I just play alone/for fun. But these are the sort of things I find by gambling. Some were drops but I dont keep a log really. Most of the sets are from Boon or gambling.

Last one was my best find but no characters can use it yet. Don't like Outlaw too much.

I must have good luck w/ ARPGs. Because like in PoE I have tons of unique items.

^ everything stashed is unique.

No real answer for you. I just play & get them. /shrug

What difficulty level are you playing on. I mean, I'm not sure why you WOULDN"T invest more points into the skills you are using, mostly you get more dmg, better scaling, sometimes bigger range or various other tier perks. Unless you are specifically going through the game with the intent of trying to use as few skill points as possible for w/e reason. To each their own.

Just for reference I'm at the other end of the spectrum, lvl 90 fire mage in NG++ elite with fire skills "mostly" maxed, elemental boon and the death pact thing from storm tree nearly maxed along with a few points here and there. I find myself using a wide variety of skills throughout my gameplay.

Right click - Magma spear / Fire bomb (even though I dont use it anymore I dont regret investing in it)
    A - Magma mace
    S - Rain of Fire
    D - Fire pillar
    F - Ice tomb
    Q - Elemental boon
    W - Frost phase
    E - Infernal collapse
    C - Death pact
    1- Heal self
    2 - Elemental Overload

Switched my swap weapon button to R and still use Z / X for hp / mp pots.
    Last edited by Lomak; 2012-10-02 at 09:31 PM.

Anyone wanna do some 80's maps? Multiplayer is kinda fun, just did a 6man, pure chaos.

I tried this game and honestly just didn't get a "feel" for it. The only feeling I got was "well at least it was only $20, because it looks and feels like a $20 game". Would have gotten a refund after 30 minutes if steam allowed them.

Maybe I just burnt out on the genre after D3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightshark View Post
    I tried this game and honestly just didn't get a "feel" for it. The only feeling I got was "well at least it was only $20, because it looks and feels like a $20 game". Would have gotten a refund after 30 minutes if steam allowed them.

Maybe I just burnt out on the genre after D3.
    Maybe. As you can tell, I've found a myriad of things to bitch about in this game. It's definitely not perfect.

On that note, I found another (possible) bug. When using an attack like Flame Hammer (yes I know, I keep using the same examples, but only one character so far), it will not travel up stairs. Attacks like this seem to stay on the same level of height where they hit the ground. When going downstairs, it's fine, because while it travels through the air because it stays on the same plane, it still doesn't hit anything solid, and I guess it hits things below it. Not true the other way, it just hits the stairs and stops.

Seems to be related to LoS. I've noticed the same with other things.

Also, the game is great for it's price. I think the crazy variations on gear is great (unlike the locked looks of that other game).

Overall, not regretting it.