Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    Fishing is mostly pet related buffs, few items (again mostly pet collars and tags) , every now and then maybe a piece of gear or some potions, perhaps a spell. I don't personally sit in town and fish but I DO make sure to empty out all the fishing holes in the overworld / dungeons. IDK I guess I just always think of it as just another version of a chest that has a mini game tied to it. Doesn't take long to do and I'm always in need of more vendor goods to sell, not to mention the rare chance at getting some of the permanent pet transforms.

On topic of fishing holes, does anyone know if MF boosts fishing hole loot?
    Nope fishing luck gear does although I've yet to see a piece with it.

Is fishing luck in TL2? I remember it from TL1 but I have yet to see anything with fish luck on it after roughly 100 hours with the game so far. Just got lvl 100 on my elite fire mage last night wooo woooo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    Is fishing luck in TL2? I remember it from TL1 but I have yet to see anything with fish luck on it after roughly 100 hours with the game so far. Just got lvl 100 on my elite fire mage last night wooo woooo.
    It's on the stat sheet, but I've never seen it on a piece of gear. Personally, I could not care less. Fishing is an afterthought, and I never use the fish anyway. The items you can get are ok, but it's no different than getting gear drops.

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 01:13 AM ----------

I found a couple bugs. One, the Engineer unique set is broken visually. Just getting a flat white outfit for the pieces I have.

Second, if there is a pile of money, and another item next to it, and you click on the item, you will walk towards it and not pick it up. My best guess anyway. It looks like automatically picking up money is somehow disrupting the item pickup.

Also, is the patch already out? Because the Master Enchanter is still a useless pile of shit.

Deleted
    Is there any actual good site for various builds for all classes, explained. Theory behind it etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Is there any actual good site for various builds for all classes, explained. Theory behind it etc?
    Yeah runics torch light 2 class forums do a good job with a few popular build guides.

How'd the patch shape up? Was out camping over the weekend and haven't gotten to check it out yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Brantin View Post
    How'd the patch shape up? Was out camping over the weekend and haven't gotten to check it out yet.
    No differences to me, though I've played one specific class. All the bugs I've found (and have mentioned here) still exist.

On that note, I hit 100. Turns out you can go farther. 105 maybe? I'm hoping to see some legendaries, or whatever the red gear is called. Or, perhaps that gear doesn't exist? I'm not sure, but the flavor text on all the weapons I looked at were all the same. But there's a specific weapon that I really want two of. Turns out all that strength giving me up to 220% crit damage doesn't mean squat without any crit chance.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 04:21 AM ----------

Hmm, never mind, the max level is still 100. You can fill up the XP bar, but nothing happens.

It's agood game and me and my friends really enjoy it, but it is buggy as hell. Diablo III wouldn't have gotten away with the amount of bugs and imbalance that's in the game.

Me and my friends play elite mode. One of them is a tank. He mostly hardly gets any damage, but sometimes attacks nearly one-shot him for no apparent reason. Most attacks one-shot me, even from smaller mobs, which would be understandable if there was some sort of visualization when bad stuff got close to you, but you don't. When you're flinging spells they block everything from sight, including tiny, tinier and tiniest mobs. When tiny mobs hurt, you want to see them.

Then there's the thing with spells that are cast on mobs out of visual range. Not a good idea, you will walk towards them.

Then there's the sync problems, crashes, etc etc.

Still, good game.

Deleted
    I know this is a piece of string type question, but what are the chances of getting anything decent with alchemy?

On another note, are there any good mod sites with extra content? I am only playing on normal but i am always 2 levels below the advised level for a dungeon, is this normal? I am sure that i have done all the content previously

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobhoper View Post
    I know this is a piece of string type question, but what are the chances of getting anything decent with alchemy?

On another note, are there any good mod sites with extra content? I am only playing on normal but i am always 2 levels below the advised level for a dungeon, is this normal? I am sure that i have done all the content previously
    Alchemy? Are you referring to the NPC that combines items?

If so, it's usually a good deal. The potion upgrades are nice, and you get a ton of em. It's a 3 for 1. The Ember switch is ok too. It's not an upgrade, it just basically turns three of one kind into one of another. The elemental embers are a good use of this, since they're largely useless. You can get some better embers, like health and mana regen, or physical damage for your weapons (since a lot of abilities are based off weapon damage). The four uniques for one is only useful if you have four uniques you really don't want. This also counts the unique skull embers. Adding sockets to stuff is a good idea too, if you're willing to pay for it.

At the end of the game though, your best bet for decent gear is to gamble for it. Certain types I've noticed give uniques more often, at least at higher levels. Rings seem to give a unique every other gamble or so. Weapons tend to do good as well, and amulets. But most of the rest take a few tries to get anything good.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I told myself I would wait to buy this game, I'm surprised I made it this long. Torch Light was fun, interesting, but I couldn't stay with it. It didn't help that I started playing it during the summer sale when I already had Diablo 3. TL2 looks just a tad bit better, keeps the same awesome aesthetic, and the classes are very fun to play. The loot system already feels more rewarding than Diablo and I'm only level 12.

It still has a somewhat clunky feeling compared to Diablo, but the game is great. I hope to see tons of mods for this game in the near future.

My engineer is a ginger gentleman, with his ferret sidekick Reginald.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    My engineer is a ginger gentleman, with his ferret sidekick Reginald.
    Ferret is the best, especially with an engineer. Double goggles for double awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Ferret is the best, especially with an engineer. Double goggles for double awesome.
    Oh yeah. Goggles and monocles all over the place. Plus, Ferrets like to 'tinker' with shiny things. It's the most obvious choice of companion and I'm loving it.

Now if only I could give my ferret a nice mustache.

Idk. My Engineer has a bulldog named Oswald. Seemed a good fit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Idk. My Engineer has a bulldog named Oswald. Seemed a good fit.
    My Engineer is named Sir Archibald who is accompanied by his faithful ferret companion Stiffens.

When I made my engineer, it actually had the ferret picked...and the name it generated was Professor. Match made in heaven

The ferret was my first pet choice, too! But he's with my zerker. For my engineer I picked a wolf.
    For outlander, the hawk seemed to be the most fitting one and for my embermage is accompanied by a panther.

The game is quite nice so far, but it somehow feels more an more easy the longer I play. xD
    The first 10-20 levels were a little bit rough sometimes but now it's not that hard anymore.
    I'm just playing softcore elite though.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    The ferret was my first pet choice, too! But he's with my zerker. For my engineer I picked a wolf.
    For outlander, the hawk seemed to be the most fitting one and for my embermage is accompanied by a panther.
    I almost did the same thing.

Eng: Ferret
    Zerker: Wolf (especially since the starter ability has a wolf graphic)
    Outlander: Hawk
    Mage: Panther

10+ Year Old Account
    Either it's because I hot level 100 or something in the patches changed, but I'm finding myself not getting as many uniques from gambling. And I was already getting very few, but I've noticed in the cases where I got more (weapons and rings), it's dwindled. It's bad enough I have an inventory full of rings I can't use, and I get shit to drop because Mapworks bosses don't have guaranteed uniques, now gambling isn't doing shit for me. I still wonder if red items even exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me, or are Outlanders pretty crappy at low levels? Maybe period. My shots have limited range, so little that I might as well be melee. My abilities are weak. The ones that are based off weapon damage are really low percentages. Plus, none of them really have any kind of AOE effect. Glaive Throw hits two people, and tracks, which is nice. But that's it. Also, my attacks miss. A lot. I stood still, firing at an urn. It took three shots, and it wasn't a range issue because I never moved. Shadowshot sounds nice, but when the blast breaks on impact, the shards typically hit a wall or something else that isn't a monster, because of the wide arc. And nothing goes through shields because I guess it's all physical damage. So shield mobs take a lot longer to kill.