Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Ferret is the best, especially with an engineer. Double goggles for double awesome.
    Agreed. I'm still using my Argonaut helm on my Engi so we're like two peas in a pod, also named him Boo (hamster.. ferret.. same thing).
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Haven't gotten to play lately thanks to new clients at work. Do pets really make a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Brantin View Post
    Haven't gotten to play lately thanks to new clients at work. Do pets really make a difference?
    There is no difference in stats or combat behavior as far as I know. Just a matter of looking more or less awesome.
    The hawk won't fly over obstacles and the panther won't eat the face of your opponents more or less than the papillon would.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you wanted to know if pets on their own make a difference instead of whether the individual pets have different benefits, if so:

Pets will not dramatically impact your game, but are a great resource for multiple things.
    1) Extra storage space, will run to town to sell your junk and pickup scrolls

2) Will retrieve loot for you if you can't be bothered to run back there by shift+clicking.

3) Does add a little damage, can be great to deal with stragglers and other situations if you give them some decent collars/tags

4) Most importantly, can learn 4 additional spells. The pets autocast the spells you give them, so the possibilities are pretty much endless. I have mine running with a knockback, a slow, summoning skelly archers, and the self heal. Reginald is very useful at pissing everything off by constantly keeping enemies off me while keeping himself alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, oddly enough. At level 100, mine has twice the resistances I do, and about seven times more health. I bet if I actually equipped it with spells, it could do some serious damage.

Shift clicking to pick up. That makes sense. I was trying to figure out why my pet sometimes had a random item in its inventory.

I knew they were pretty strong, though. I've let my pet take on packs by itself and have no problems. Was just looking to see if there was anything like, say a few percent stat boost for a certain pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Is it just me, or are Outlanders pretty crappy at low levels? Maybe period. My shots have limited range, so little that I might as well be melee. My abilities are weak. The ones that are based off weapon damage are really low percentages. Plus, none of them really have any kind of AOE effect. Glaive Throw hits two people, and tracks, which is nice. But that's it. Also, my attacks miss. A lot. I stood still, firing at an urn. It took three shots, and it wasn't a range issue because I never moved. Shadowshot sounds nice, but when the blast breaks on impact, the shards typically hit a wall or something else that isn't a monster, because of the wide arc. And nothing goes through shields because I guess it's all physical damage. So shield mobs take a lot longer to kill.
    i know the feeling ive been playing one the last few days as i wanted a change but so far ive been sticking to the passives as all the abilities so far (level 33) all seem underpowered or just plain useless or very situational it makes me miss my embermage where i could just aoe everything and not try to shoot each urn myself

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 03:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Maybe you wanted to know if pets on their own make a difference instead of whether the individual pets have different benefits, if so:

Pets will not dramatically impact your game, but are a great resource for multiple things.
    1) Extra storage space, will run to town to sell your junk and pickup scrolls

2) Will retrieve loot for you if you can't be bothered to run back there by shift+clicking.

3) Does add a little damage, can be great to deal with stragglers and other situations if you give them some decent collars/tags

4) Most importantly, can learn 4 additional spells. The pets autocast the spells you give them, so the possibilities are pretty much endless. I have mine running with a knockback, a slow, summoning skelly archers, and the self heal. Reginald is very useful at pissing everything off by constantly keeping enemies off me while keeping himself alive.
    i just give my pet heal all and summon archers/zombies and maybe imp as other than carrying loot to eventually sell i couldnt care less what it did

Forgot about giving pets spells, too. I'll have to check that out next time I can play. Sounds like most people are giving their pets summon spells. How's that turning out? Work well? So far I've just been usin passive boosts and a self heal on my Embermage. Haven't used any castable spells yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forgot about giving pets spells, too. I'll have to check that out next time I can play. Sounds like most people are giving their pets summon spells. How's that turning out? Work well? So far I've just been usin passive boosts and a self heal on my Embermage. Haven't used any castable spells yet.
    Well, my pet also has a ton more mana than I do, so it stands to reason he would benefit well from good spells. At this point I'm wondering if he just can't solo everything himself, but at the same time, I ignore him because he doesn't really have any special abilities.

Though I noticed the chocobo/dino thing seems to be able to wall jump.

Pet definately can't solo everything because it doesn't know how to kite

But yes, your pets can do some really cool things. Some of the gear they get has stuff that will give it a percentage to shatter shields, etc.

This game is amazing. I really enjoy the theme and atmosphere compared to D3. I really wanted to play D3 but couldn't get myself to on account of all the gore and demonic crap haha. I've already convinced two friends to buy and play TL 2

---------- Post added 2012-10-24 at 10:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Oh, that's what I wanted to talk about. I'm doing Mapworks right now, and I'm seeing some things I can't get to. A level on a lowered platform that I can't get to, no matter what. I saw a ledge with a TON of gold on it and some monsters. I walked around, destroyed every single thing I could destroy, attacking every object on the zone, and could find a way to the ledge. I found a couple things like this during the main quest too. Are there just some things that can't be reached, or am I missing something?
    Those are secret rooms, usually accessed by a hidden panel on the wall or a special looking urn that you hit to open up a walkway.

Deleted

LOOOOOOOL!!! <3 RUNIC!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any word on when TorchED is being released for this? I haven't logged in a couple of weeks because of some Pandas, but I was eagerly waiting for the editor.

I'm loving this game. It definantly trumps diablo 3 in my book.

I never though I would like engineer at all. On the demo I tried outlander (I usually play this type of thing) but it was just meh. Tried embermage and running out of mana super fast.

Thought what the heck, tried engineer. Loved it. The magma hammer you get at the start sold me and his charge mechanic is great and interesting. Got it for 10$ on steam the sale has 4 hours left I suggest getting it. Its amazing for just 10$

http://store.steampowered.com/app/200710/

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

I never though I would like engineer at all. On the demo I tried outlander (I usually play this type of thing) but it was just meh. Tried embermage and running out of mana super fast.
    Other classes are interesting too, they just require longer build-up but are quite rewarding. It's like in D2, where you had to melee on your sorc at start of game, but in the end it was all about Frozen Orb/Meteor spam

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

All the classes are pretty decent really. Though TL2 being a gear based game different classes progress at differing rates. Embermage is one of those. Once Embermage has loads of focus appropriate gear things really pick up. Embermages also really work off their charge bar. So +charge gear also goes a huge way on Embermage, more so than Zerker or Engie.

Outlander is similar in that they need to start building up decent weapons & runes to make most effective use of their auto attack, etc, etc. But they also need decent split of Vit and Focus if dual wielding.

Bought this game during the Steam sale. Definitely worth it. Fills that void that D3 forgot to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's been a while since I played and now bro has it, does anybody know of any good class guides?

NVM, went back www.runicgamesfansite.com which I haven't been on in a while and found a Tanky Engineer Guide, I'm not sure how min/max it is judging by the date but I hope it works.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-11-27 at 05:29 PM.

I got the game inn Steams autumn sale at that time 14 ish euros, currently NG+ level 70. Im currently going for NG++, and also been farming at that place inn act2 with the 2 portals, where you help a geni. That place is a BEAST to farm, gurantied drop every run, can start over right as you exit, and great XP.

I enjoyed playing trough the game the first time on veteran mode (Elite mode by defaulth on creation, but I found elite mode to be abit to slow phased, is an hack and slash afterall- you want some speed), so even if its abit casual and maybe not as good gameplay as Diablo3, was well worth the money.

And honestly.. the UI in torchlight 2, the pet system, thoes odd spells you pick up and some other things like interesting loot even at low levels makes Diablo3 look like...well, shit?

edit: playing an embermage with the useal glass-cannon prismatic bolt build. Quit OP, especially once you got Deaths bounty, and started to be able to fill you're chargebar fast. No mana problems at all now really - Trough I havent maxed prismatic bolt either, witch would be stupid to do anyway :P Keep it at 1 skil for long time.

Just 2 negatives about the game. For online play or even lan I understood you can play with others if they aint on the same NG+ as you.

And I really hate you cant do a full respec (No Im not gonna mode a game ty). Maybe Diablo3 made me spoiled, but I kinda miss it. Before I even had level 5, I was already google'd to pimp level with various of things looked at from youtube to net, witch is abit spoiler like aswell, but I dont want to spend like 50 hours on a character only to have it crap at end-game. I did that inn Diablo2 maybe 2 times, and it never worked out good.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2012-11-27 at 05:58 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Started playing TL2 then wondered why I had stopped playing it.

Then I remembered it's because I'm fussy about guides and builds . Currently I want to play 1h/Shield Tanky Engineer that will also work solo. However for better or worse there seems to be some diversity which is fine, however I'm finding in topics and other guides people will say one move from one build is straight up bad and it puts me off. I thought Shield Bash was good then I read posts saying it's garbage. I'm really not sure.

Anybody got any 1h/shield engie guides?