Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    TL2's game play is like butter. And since it doesn't require you to be online you can play it without fear of lag or being unable to play on a laptop where you don't have wifi.
    Also, I suggest looking at the "worst video game ending" thread. A lot of diablo 3 there. Or should I say... Diabella.
    But seriously. OH HAI NEFULUM. Im not a nefulum. YEZ U R. okay.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    and the game itself has a lot of flavor and nods to pop culture if you look for them.
    Thats a + since when?

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Thats a + since when?
    I'll take "Things that are subjective" for 500, Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Thats a + since when?
    If you are a "I remember the 80s/90s" fan it totally is!!!

*proceeds to eat pop rocks while putting on a wrist slap band thing*

I actually prefer the combat of D3 although I think TL2 has more interesting skills (and I certainly prefer the TL2 talent tree system over whatever you call what Diablo 3 has).

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I actually prefer the combat of D3 although I think TL2 has more interesting skills (and I certainly prefer the TL2 talent tree system over whatever you call what Diablo 3 has).
    I think that there was something wrong with my connection. I had great cable internet and able to play everything without lag. But when I tried to kite with a DH my character would skip. Like, I would run 20 yards and then teleport back to where I started running and then get punched and die.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    I think that there was something wrong with my connection. I had great cable internet and able to play everything without lag. But when I tried to kite with a DH my character would skip. Like, I would run 20 yards and then teleport back to where I started running and then get punched and die.
    And this right here is one of the big downfalls of Diablo 3 in my opinion. Forcing an online connection in order to play the game.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I suggest the 3ird game =) ''Path of exile'' personally both games are outclassed by it and I've played all 3 of them for a very long time well D3 is still my main one but over all PoE still wins.

Deleted
    I dunno, I have both and first I thought TL2 was the better one, but after a while it just... crashed and burned, I don't know what happened. Went back to D3 and I find it far more enjoyable now after patch 1.0.5.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2012-12-03 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    And this right here is one of the big downfalls of Diablo 3 in my opinion. Forcing an online connection in order to play the game.
    Especially since it didn't prevent botting or hacking.

Torchlight is better imo, and really it is almost the real successor to diablo, since the designers made D1&2, hell the music for torchlight was made by the same guy who made the diablo music. So if you're a fan of Diablo go for TL2 not D3.

(Ps. I do own both...)

Quote Originally Posted by Tsimp View Post
    Torchlight is better imo, and really it is almost the real successor to diablo, since the designers made D1&2, hell the music for torchlight was made by the same guy who made the diablo music. So if you're a fan of Diablo go for TL2 not D3.

(Ps. I do own both...)

Own both and prefer D3. TL2 is fun but has pretty much no story and slightly better loot for the character you are currently playing, plus the pet that vendors trash should be in all dungeon crawl games. D3 has much better combat and a better skill system. Hell, Runic put in a hack that allows you to completely respec all your talents and pretty much tells you to use it admitting the respeccing only the last three talents was a mistake. Allowing you to freely change talents and to try something new without leveling a new character is really the better system and pretty much every reviewer thinks so. I like both for different reasons, but prefer D3.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I own both.

D3
    More addictive, Blizzard's specialty. Continue to add systems that support neverending play. It feels pretty smooth unless your cpu or internet connection is utter garbage.

TL2
    Overall more fun. Easier to play to enjoy the game, more fun to play with others. Aesthetic is more enjoyable, Mapworks is awesome, and when the game editor is released this game will be anything someone can create it to be. The possibilities are endless. It is also far cheaper and well worth the value. If D3 didn't have a weird pixel drug flowing through it, I would never play it over this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsimp View Post
    hell the music for torchlight was made by the same guy who made the diablo music.
    He also recorded about hour of music for Diablo 3, so this argument is moot.

Deleted
    I loved TL2, but I didn't personally have any desire to farm or grind anything at endgame. I completed the storyline, I upped the difficulty, I did a few endgame dungeons, but ultimately it didn't seem like the items really made that much difference and the only reason I would continue to, or ever play TL2 again is to create a different character and run through with friends which would definitely be fun. TL2 not requiring online play is a big advantage if you're a single player or like playing offline, playing on the move etc.... but personally I prefer to play games with a co-op option with as many friends as possible.

Personally I prefer D3, especially now post several major content patches.... but I know plenty of people who play TL2 and it's a fantastic game, so I can't say how it'll go for you.

What I will say is that TL2 is an absolute bargain, that you'll definitely feel like you didn't waste money on it - and it went to half price in the recent sales, so come christmas it'll probably be half price again (even though it's a bargain at full price anyway!)

15+ Year Old Account
    I played too much D3 to get far into TL2 but from what I can tell it did a lot things right which the true predecessor of D2 did not. I found the combat in D3 being fluid to be honest and a few QoL features were better (TP as perma-spell, identify as ability) but overall if I had to come back to the genre then I'd play TL2 over D3 for sure. Of course there is always PoE which however is online-only as well but F2P w/o pay2win model.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Path of Exile. It should be going into open beta this month (no specific date yet). It's very much a more oldschool ARPG dungeon crawler and it's absolutely awesome.
    Been looking this one over after you mentioned it. Its like what D3 was supposed to be and looks awesome.

TL2 obviously, D3 is one of the worst games ever.

Torchlight 2, its a true rpg, not like diablo 3, its very fun and longer, and the DLCs are frees. You can paly it without internet, in lan, in internet, in Steam. The maps are awesome, the mechanics bosses great and the classes too.

I pre-purchased Torchlight 2 and im still playing it
    Last edited by Baneador; 2012-12-03 at 10:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    TL2

i pre-purchased it on steam so i got TL1 with it for freeeeeeee