Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I own both, and I like TL2 much, much better than D3. I quit playing D3 less than 2 months after release. Once you kill Diablo for the first time, there's just no fun to it anymore.

Granted, like someone else mentioned, Path of Exile is better than both. I've been in the beta for a while now, and really enjoying it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Been looking this one over after you mentioned it. Its like what D3 was supposed to be and looks awesome.
    Visually, I think it is. Beyond that, the skill system has so much customization and depth it's nuts. Seriously, it's great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Consider me part of the PoE-fans!

Honestly, I think the main problem when comparing TL2/D3 to D2 is that the new ones simply chose different areas to focus on. I have both and enjoy both, for different reasons. But if you want top-notch, practically unbottable (afaik) ARPG with farming and amazing character upgrading, Path of Exile is your new soulmate.

And the graphics give a pretty damn great D2-vibe, something both D3 and TL2 failed at ^^
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    And the graphics give a pretty damn great D2-vibe, something both D3 and TL2 failed at ^^
    TL2 was never trying to have a D2 vibe...so your description of it failing is completely off base. Good try though.

Path of Exile is a good alternative as well (although I'm not a fan of the combat there). It certainly does have a sort of spiritual successor look to it of Diablo 2.

Torchlight II, though you could also try Path of Exile as some people suggested.

What I didn't like about D3 (and there is similar thing in PoE as I know) is requirement to be always online.

Torchlihgt II also has quite sweet graphical style, it is not too cartoonish, and it is not wanna-be-realistic.
    Hell, Runic put in a hack that allows you to completely respec all your talents and pretty much tells you to use it admitting the respeccing only the last three talents was a mistake.
    No, it were fans who made that hack. Such design decision is understandabe. If I was writing my own game, I would make same decision, maybe because I am fan of older RPG games, where your choice was something meaningful and where any total-respec option would just completely break game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    TL2 was never trying to have a D2 vibe...so your description of it failing is completely off base. Good try though.
    I had the same reaction when I read that.

The art style of tl2 was closer to akami or wind walker FFS. Obv not going for d2.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Merged this thread with the Torchlight 2 thread. Please check the Megathread sticky before making a new thread:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ating-a-Thread!

We'll my current problem with Torchlight2 is that gear dosen't seem to do as much as I had hoped, and its grindy to collect a hole 99 set of you're class respective set.

Got 2 pieces for my embermage so far, just takes a long time, and it seems you are best off grinding gold and hoping to gamble set items. It kinda feels like Diablo3 all over, rng fest and so on. So basicly just grind gold, and farm something efficent, maybe mixing that 1 route up with some mapworks. I had hoped gearing would be abit smoother, trough for the price the game has been great so far, 70-75 hours.

I'm quit sceptic about end-game, he'll I cant even seem to play/trade online cause no games are up for NG5 (Yesterday around prime-time only 2 games up), or even NG4 witch I also checked for online. I guess just not enough people online...
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2012-12-04 at 01:15 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

D3 has a lot of nice qol stuff that I felt tl2 should have had as well . Overall tl2 is clearly the better game. Doesn't have the AH saddle tied to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    I'm quite sceptic about end-game, hell I cant even seem to play/trade online cause no games are up for NG5 (Yesterday around prime-time only 2 games up), or even NG4 witch I also checked for online. I guess just not enough people online...
    It's true, even in NG+1 I have a hard time finding decent games. I like the endgame though: Mapworks, the editor which will soon be launched and the many many incoming mods provide enough good gameplay.

Deleted
    Started playing a new character yesterday, a berserker this time round, and holy nut balls, I can't believe I didn't try one sooner.

I've played a Embermage, Outlander and Engineer all to 40+ ish, but berserker is just such a blast, loving shadow burst.

what difficulty do u play? i find engi is by far the most fun in elite ;X 12k shields just op xD

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post
    what difficulty do u play? i find engi is by far the most fun in elite ;X 12k shields just op xD
    I'm doing a Veteran playthrough with a couple of friends at the moment, my other characters are all on veteran too, my highest being a 73 embermage on NG+ 1

I will admit the berserker is alot more squishy than I'm used to as a melee, when I play my engi I usually have huge absorb shields as well, and I use a rather nice sword with mana on hit which means I don't ever have to chug mana potions.

i never have mana probs due to my little healing bot ;O i prefer a fast weapon with lifesteal or + charge generation :P

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

Deleted
    I playing two engineers at the moment, a summoner and a flammerhammer build, both rly cool and doable on NG++

Deleted
    I found it weird how making new characters and playing with randomers has become a favourite thing for me to do, then I realised, I just love act 1, act 1 is so much better (IMO) than the others, I love everything about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I found it weird how making new characters and playing with randomers has become a favourite thing for me to do, then I realised, I just love act 1, act 1 is so much better (IMO) than the others, I love everything about it.
    I actually haven't been playing much with strangers, because I'm never at the same level as them or they already cleared a lot of stuff, and that's kinda boring...

As for the acts, I prefer Act 2, A LOT, the one on the desert is my favourite, but I also love it because it runs pretty smooth on my laptop.

As for the last Act, I kinda like it too but it's just the two last bosses fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I actually haven't been playing much with strangers, because I'm never at the same level as them or they already cleared a lot of stuff, and that's kinda boring...

As for the acts, I prefer Act 2, A LOT, the one on the desert is my favourite, but I also love it because it runs pretty smooth on my laptop.

As for the last Act, I kinda like it too but it's just the two last bosses fights.
    Act 2 is also great, but I'm not sure about the look of the gear in act 2. I don't know what it is about act 1, I think its the warbeasts, such satisfying enemies to kill, and general grell on higher difficulties is a blast to fight!

As for playing online, I've noticed people seem to be alot more talkative on TL2 than I have experienced in D3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Act 2 is also great, but I'm not sure about the look of the gear in act 2. I don't know what it is about act 1, I think its the warbeasts, such satisfying enemies to kill, and general grell on higher difficulties is a blast to fight!

As for playing online, I've noticed people seem to be alot more talkative on TL2 than I have experienced in D3.
    I agree, Act 2's equipment is literally horrible. :s

I think I prefer the last Act's tbh, I don't remember now.

I wouldn't know, I don't play Diablo but when I went online once on TL2, this server, everyone was talking in there. xD

No idea if it were friends or something.