10+ Year Old Account

Best Time For Auctions?

This has cropped up time and time again recently for me as I've decided to start playing the auction House on my Horde alt who's on a separate realm and as such needs to start getting gold, but I already know the basics of what profession and what to sell.

What Realm/Local Time do you find works best for auctions and results in the most sales?

Farm early morning or non peak times, and sell peak times by undercutting people :]

Deleted
    Hard to say because undercutting is so fierce. the peak time starts when kids come back from school and people come back from work till raid end say 3pm-11 pm. During this time you can be undercut many times, so the choice is yours.

1. sell at a peak time knowing you will be undercut every 2-10 minutes or off peak where you might not be undercut fro 20-30 minutes but tere are fewer buyers.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never sell from friday to sunday, as there are way to many undercutters (kids) on, I usually stock up on mats at these times as the kids push down the prices. Wed and Thur are the two biggest days for me with any thing gear related, like enchants, leg armour, gems.

I gave up posting any thing on week ends when enchants dropped 1500 gold in three under cuts.

Tuesday's for me at least are insane in the JC market usually inferno's go as high as 120g but their cuts go up to 140-160g. I usually buy gems on weekends (to use for tuesday) because so many people are undercutting that they get extremely low. Hope this helps, GL

Deleted
    Loling at the idea its just kids who undercut. the busiest day for throughput is euther the reset day due to fresh raids and gear or Sunday because thats when most people play.

What we need is a sweatshop boss to give us some good times but yeah I would guess weekends when most play

Deleted
    Weekends will get you undercut, Wednesday will get you most customers

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    This has cropped up time and time again recently for me as I've decided to start playing the auction House on my Horde alt who's on a separate realm and as such needs to start getting gold, but I already know the basics of what profession and what to sell.

What Realm/Local Time do you find works best for auctions and results in the most sales?
    It depends on what market, competitors, day of the week, etc.

Monday morning would be a horrible time for sales, obviously. But generally, Friday afternoon and Saturday would be a good bet.

Edit: Also, how much time would you be spending at the AH? Camping it or posting once and returning later to check on your auctions?

I find wed. the best day for auctions