Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Got mine half a year ago. I needed about a week to get the buttons nailed, but now I can even type in numerical codes with it as quickly as I would with the regular mousepad. And for that week I used some glueable pieces of pastic that was in the box and gave me an additional haptic input, so I didn't have to look.

The regular Naga also has 12+2+2 buttons (there's Mousebutton 4+5 are on the front of MB 1) On the other hand I can barely used buttons 10-12 and I have really small hands. I imagine people with bigger hands might even have problems with buttons 7-9.
    I'm not a fan of the synapse software either, it always resets my settings after a few days and I've just give up on it now.

For most non-MMO games the hex might be enough however, since I rarely come across a game that requires more than 8-10 buttons.

Deleted
    Oh guys you aren't make this any easier . The original Naga really seems to be a solid piece of work but I just don't think I would be able to employ as many special keys. Thanks for the information on those extra extra keys Zao but at this very moment, without the mouse at hand, it's hard to even imagine using all of those (especially in DIII where you have max. 6 active skills plus perhaps a potion and a macro).

Then again you all say I will get used to those keys and since you have the mouse and I don't you are most likely right and I would only regret not having the regular Naga (that's actually cheaper than Hex and has more buttons).

Man I feel like an annoying 3 year old not being able to make a decision .

Also I wouldn't say I have a big hand, my middle finger has 9cm and when I measure from my wrist to the tip of my middle finger it's 17cm.
    Last edited by mmoc6af618f320; 2012-05-13 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    Oh guys you aren't make this any easier . The original Naga really seems to be a solid piece of work but I just don't think I would be able to employ as many special keys. Thanks for the information on those extra extra keys Zao but at this very moment, without the mouse at hand, it's ahrd to even imagine using all of those (especially in DIII where you have max. 6 active skills plus perhaps a potion and a macro).

Then again you all say I will get used to those keys and since you have the mouse and I don't you are most likely right and I would only regret not having the regular Naga (that's actually cheaper than Hex and has more buttons).

Also I wouldn't say I have a big hand, my middle finger has 9cm and when I measure from my wrist to the tip of my middle finger it's 17cm.
    I personally think that button 1-6 is easier to access on the normal naga. Compared to the buttons facing backswards on hex.
    In my opinion you lose nothing from choosing the normal naga, you only gain extra buttons which you can choose to just ignore.
    When using my naga, I rest the thumb across nr 2 and 5, making the the walk short to reach 1.3.4.6.
    Last edited by Chronius; 2012-05-13 at 08:03 PM.

I've had a naga for nearly 1.5years and a Blackwidow ultimate for 1 and they're still in great shape!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronius View Post
    I personally think that button 1-6 is easier to access on the normal naga. Compared to the buttons facing backswards on hex.
    In my opinion you lose nothing from choosing the normal naga, you only gain extra buttons which you can choose to just ignore.
    When using my naga, I rest the thumb across nr 2 and 5, making the the walk short to reach 1.3.4.6.
    Yes, this is a very good point seeing that you also stated on the previous page that some force is required to press the buttons so I actually will not have even more accidental clicks with more buttons (binded or not) because, unlike the Hex version, the original Naga doesn't have this problem.

There might be some misclick problems at first but as you guys said that is expected and I agree. Would be the same with everything, a cellphone or a new keyboard even.

Well at this point I am pretty much decided, nobody really came through to support the Hex (well nobody probably has it) and according to the reviews it isn't too awesome either. Now only to decide if I get the original black/blue one or the molten one.
    Last edited by mmoc6af618f320; 2012-05-13 at 08:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've used my Naga for 2 years now, and it has grown on me. That said once I completely kill my naga I'd consider getting hex, I never use more than 6+2 buttons on my naga anyway. That said it doesn't look like it will die any time soon.

Deleted
    I have had two Razer Nagas and both had issues with the laser. Razer said that the Hex edition will have the same laser. Maybe you can find a better mouse. Don't get me wrong here, I love Razer Naga but the laser is not optimal.

I use 6 of my 12 buttons on my Naga so i guess it's enough with the hex edition to be honest. I have too big hands to reach 9-12 buttons.

Don't you have to have numlock on for the naga to work?
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Don't you have to have numlock on for the naga to work?
    You can set it to use either the numpad buttons or the number buttons that go across the top of the keyboard, but yes, if you have it set to numpad then numlock has to be on.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-05-13 at 08:35 PM.

I've always wanted a Razer Naga but I can't afford a gaming mouse like that =\ my friend has one and its fucking ridiculous.