Deleted

100% diablo noob needs tip

never played any diablo game, 100% new to the click to move ect
    can anyone give me a few tips that will hhelp me to become an ok player
    thanks in advance for your help

Click ground to walk.
    Click enemies to kill.

The ingame tutorial should be enough to get you going. Just make sure to read all the little popup tooltips.

Deleted
    normal mode just left or rightclick somewhere on screen and you kill something and be the hero
    you dont need spells and you can press them random whenever you want or just ignore them and watch video on second monitor^^

nightmare hell and infernomode it should be harder i think^^

Here's a tip (thanks to force strategy as I didn't figure this one out).

Bind "move" to mouse 3 (wheel click) or any of the buttons on your mouse other than mouse 1 or mouse 2. Reason being is that when in the heat of battle and you need to get out quick it's better to use "move" and actually move than to use mouse 1 and accidentally click a barrel or other destructible item and get smooshed.

One good thing to know from the start is that if you hold shift down you are able to stand still and hit/shoot/cast. A very good thing to know if you plan to play a ranged character since there will be a lot of times where you click on the ground beside the monster and run over to it, instead of actually shooting it.

it's pretty self explanatory really, first act of normal difficulty will teach you everything you need to know

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeroyjgibbs View Post
    Here's a tip (thanks to force strategy as I didn't figure this one out).

Bind "move" to mouse 3 (wheel click) or any of the buttons on your mouse other than mouse 1 or mouse 2. Reason being is that when in the heat of battle and you need to get out quick it's better to use "move" and actually move than to use mouse 1 and accidentally click a barrel or other destructible item and get smooshed.
    nice tip..
    and tahnk you for all the replys

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing my friend didn't realize until i told him, Was that you dont actually have to spam click every time you want to attack or walk. If you hold down left click you will walk around like in LoL and with attacking you'll just continue attack.

There will be an ingame tutorial for it. Should be set after you did it. Else there are/will be plenty of tutorials on youtube or any other D3 fan/news site.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BondGirl View Post
    There will be an ingame tutorial for it. Should be set after you did it. Else there are/will be plenty of tutorials on youtube or any other D3 fan/news site.
    ill read all the ingame tutorials and if there is anything else youtube will be my friend lol:-p

Quote Originally Posted by Dstroy View Post
    One good thing to know from the start is that if you hold shift down you are able to stand still and hit/shoot/cast. A very good thing to know if you plan to play a ranged character since there will be a lot of times where you click on the ground beside the monster and run over to it, instead of actually shooting it.
    ^ Pro tip.

D3 has alot of tiny wiggly monsters that dart around around the screen and try to outflank you, you'll go insane trying to click them.. here the stand-still is a blessing for melee too. It's also great for easily blocking doorways, then pick off targets 1 by 1.

I guess the best tip I can give to you is learn how to hit-and-run early (both as ranged and melee). When going gets tough later, pull a few mobs from the edge of the screen.. finish them off, and get more.
    Last edited by Calamari; 2012-05-13 at 12:24 PM.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

A tip: You can use SHIFT btn to stand in one place regardless of clicking anywhere, so You won't move while using abilities. Very usefull sometimes.

Edit: aww, I see, some of you posted that when I was writing this post.

10+ Year Old Account
    So is this shift for stand and shoot/attack the same as force stop? Or is that something different?

Yes, it is for that and works like that.