New MoP Suggestions!

Hello there mates! Even though I don't have my beta account yet I would like to suggest my plethora of ideas for this wonderful class. I have read lots of threads regarding paladins in the beta especially their lack of something new in their class such as in the utility department etc.

Disclaimer: These are only merely suggestions for MoP. I'm not a math wizard or a theorycrafter so all the numbers you'll see here can be tweaked and refined further. I want Paladin to be a fun class in a way it's no longer the dull hybrid plate-bearers of the Light. So here comes my plethora of ideas for the upcoming expansions, The Mists of Pandaria.

Paladin Baseline Spells:

Holy Light
    This iconic spell from WC3 should be available to all. Now also deals damage to undead and demon targets.

Flash of Light
    Now also deals damage to undead and demon targets.

Crusader Strike
    Costs 3% of mana
    Deals 100% weapon damage, grants a holy power and applies Touch by Light for 4 secs.

Touch by Light: Applies a HoT on the paladin depending on the damage done by the strike. No HoT will trigger if the spell gets parried, dodged or blocked.

Speed of Light
    Costs 8% of mana
    Instant cast
    2 min cooldown

Removes all movement-impairment effects, increases movement speed by 80% and remains unhindered for 4 secs. A glow of light trail follows while you dash forward.

This spell should be baseline on my point of view.

Repentance
    Cost 4% of mana / 40 yards range
    Instant cast
    3 min cooldown

Incapacitate the target for up to 1 min and afterwards applies Repented for 3 secs. Does not break from damage immediately. Usable on Humanoid, Elemental, Dragonkin, Undead, Demon and Giants.

Repented: The target's movement speed is reduced by a tapering 30% slow and receives more holy damage by 3%

Blinding Light:
    Now useable while stunned. Also restores 4% of your mana. ^^

Hammer of Justice
    Cost 4% of mana / 25 yards range
    Instant Cast
    40 secs cd

Stuns the enemy and applies Justice! for 5 secs.

Justice: Your next offensive spell is guaranteed a critical hit.

Divine Plea
    No mana cost
    2 mins cd
    Restores mana over 6 secs depending on holy power. Does not consume holy power.
    1 holy power: 4% mana
    2 holy power: 8% mana
    3 holy power: 12% mana

P.S. Also no longer reduces healing effects.

Blessing of Might
    Same effect but with added bonuses; now also increases resilience and armor by 5%. BoK for PVE and BoM for PvP. Just for something new.

Righteous Fury
    Same threat generation but with different effects depending on the specialization:

Holy: Increases healing spells done by 3%

Prot: Reduces damage taken by 3%

Ret: Increases damage done by 3%

P.S. Well these added bonuses are meant for PvP.

Turn Evil
    Same mana cost and range
    6 secs cooldown
    Instant cast

Fears undead or demon target for X secs and after getting feared applies Light Bane for 4 secs.

Light Bane: Reduces movement speed and attack speed by 30% for 4 secs.

Lay on Hands
    10 min cd
    40 yards range

Grants health maximum of the caster's maximum health and restores 10% mana to the target. Half of the mana restored to the target is restored to the caster as well. Cause Forbearance.

Hand of Salvation
    Immediately removes all threat gained and reduce damage taken by 20% for 6 secs.

Hand of Sacrifice
    Rename to Hand of Martyrdom and also grants the caster 4% of mana depending on the damage taken by the target. (This would not exceed 100% damage taken by the target)

Hand of Protection
    Removes bleed effects as well. Needs better animation?

Hand of Freedom
    Now also removes stuns and daze effects.

Hand of Purity
    2 min cd
    Converts all damage over time effects into healing for the next 8 secs.

Hand of Vigilance
    Polar opposite to HoP. Renders magical attacks useless and removes all magical debuffs effects. Cause Forbearance as well.

Paladin Talents
    I'm only gonna focus on the retribution side of the Paladins. I hope I give new ideas to you guys.

Sheath of Light:
    Increases damage done by two-handed weapons by 25%
    Increases your spellpower 80% equal to your attack power
    Increases chance to hit with holy spells by 8%
    Your critical Flash of Light and Word of Glory heals for 12% of the amount healed for 6 secs. (Grants a HoT for everytime these two spells crit)

Crusade:
    Another passive talent only for ret
    Increase all damage done by additional 3% and anyone affected by your instant cast spells has their damage increase by 2%. Your crusader strike now also dispels 1 beneficial magic from your enemy.

Exemplar's Presence
    Returns all spell criticals done to the paladin by 20%. Does not exceed 100% of the damage taken. Increase magic resistance by 5% and your Divine storm now restores 15% to the caster and his/her allies within the surrounding 10 yards.

Sanctified Retribution
    Reduces stun and fear effects by 15% and your GotAK is now properly considered a summon. Your GotAk have new offensive spells and have the passive Divine Will which heals your paladin for 40% of the damage done by the GotAk. Reduces the cd of your GotAK by 2 mins and Avenging wrath by 30 secs.

Seal of Justice
    Now the snare effect also applies on spells done.

Divine Storm
    Grants a holy power when it hits more than 4 units.

Exorcism
    Bring back the Undead and Demon modifier which grants exorcism a guaranteed critical hit over these targets

Art of War
    Your Exorcism criticals also deals damage over time by X for 6 secs. When AoW procs also your Exo has no mana cost.

Crusader's Zeal
    Besides the current effect, your auto-attacks also heals you for 10% of the damage done and increases your holy damage done by 2% for 4 secs. Stacks up to 3 times.

Burden of Guilt
    Besides reducing ms for a longer duration now also reduces melee and ranged atk speed. Now also roots targets further than 15 yards.

Sanctity of Battle
    Your Inquisition spell now also increase haste by 6% and its duration is increased by 50%.

Paladin Talent Spells

Hand of Liberty
    Replaces Hand of Purity
    6 mins cd

An AoE version of Hand of Freedom.

Harbringer of Justice
    Replaces Fist of Justice

Your Hammer of Justice now affects two targets!

Light's Advance
    Replaces Speed of Light

Passive effect: Reduces movement impairement effects by 15% and reduce the cd of SoL by 30 secs

Active Effect: Besides removing movement impairement effect, now also removes atk and cast time debuffs plus SoT last longer for 6 secs.

Sanctified Wrath
    Now also enables AW to be use while silenced. Also enables your hammer of wrath to be useable while AW is up.

Misc Spells

Illuminated Visions: Sense the location of nearby undead and demon units in the minimap. Lasts until cancelled. Also damage done to these targets are increased by 1%. Your eyes glow with inner light

Justice Charger: Reskinned version of a charger with wings. A lvl 60 spell which grants paladin class a flying mount.

Crusader's Call: Increase you and your allies mounted movement speed by additional 20% for 8 secs. Stacks with the Heart of Crusader.

Glyphs

Glyph of the Light's Banner:
    Adds a banner to your paladin class mount similar to the argent white crusader warhorse.

For human and dwarves: Banner of The Silver Hand

For draenei: Banner of the Hand of Argus

For tauren: Banner of the Sunwalkers

For Bloodelf: Banner of the Blood Knights

Glyph of the Justicar:

Your weapon now also glows with valiant light.

Glyph of Divine Born:

Every time you cast spells your hands glow with sacred fire

P.S. I have many more ideas but this all I can post for now. Sorry for the bad grammar and all since english is not my native language. Just want to give more ideas to all paladins here. Thank you for reading!

Deleted
    You should definetely work at Blizzard!!
    I wonder how a bright mind like yours doesnt already work there!

kay... one or two suggestions i'd actually read and take into consideration (if it was reasonable and needed) but you're trying to tweak the entire paladin into a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay op class.

I dont want to comment on all, so i'll pick the best and the worst:
    The best I think is holy light. This healing spell is the icon for paladins imo, and god I hate to let it go for ret/prot in mop, even though it's uses have devaluated in cata to onoly be useful for holy.

The worst is your suggestion to blessing of might. No class should have an ability that grants additional resilience

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omniscience View Post
    kay... one or two suggestions i'd actually read and take into consideration (if it was reasonable and needed) but you're trying to tweak the entire paladin into a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay op class.

I dont want to comment on all, so i'll pick the best and the worst:
    The best I think is holy light. This healing spell is the icon for paladins imo, and god I hate to let it go for ret/prot in mop, even though it's uses have devaluated in cata to onoly be useful for holy.

The worst is your suggestion to blessing of might. No class should have an ability that grants additional resilience
    Have to agree with this guy... none of these are nerfs(to offset the huge buffs you would give us) or really balanced at all.
    For instance, If the class had Speed of Light baseline, it would be literally impossible to stay on a paladin in PvP or stay away from one.
    Crusader Strike having an offensive dispell would also be incredibly OP. There's a reason they took it away from Hunter's arcane shot years ago.
    Sheath giving us an extra 30% SP for no reason?
    Extra resil and armor on a buff wouldn't do anything but cause them to scale around it, wouldn't be new and interesting, and Druids would have to get it too.
    I like the Divine Plea change tho, making it based on Holy Power.
    I also think your Repentance idea would be too shitty of a spell for a 3 min cd. That and the MoP version is much better.
    Your Hammer of Justice changes are VERY close to what Fist of Justice is.
    Burden of Guilt changes make it too good, IMO.
    The Righteous Fury buff isn't necessary... why do we need extra passive buffs for no reason? Ret/Holy PvP problems aren't output...

Bottom line, some of these are buffs with no reasoning behind them. With 80% of my AP as Spell Power, we would have more Spell Power than healers. (granted we would not have passives that increase % healing, but still.) Our WoG would hit almost as hard as a Holy Paladins.
    There's much more, but I can't comment on all of it or it'd be a wall of text.

Deleted
    Very nice ideas, love the glyphs at end , i like the rest too but of course too many tweaks, you gotta think which one to scrap also things like Righteous Fury buff should but just a glyph they are way too specific if you know what i mean :P. Well done

Deleted
    Fanaticism: 2 min cooldown. 0.5 sec cast. Cannot be used along with Avenging Wrath
    All your melee abilities deal holy damage instead of physical, you are not afraid of anything and cannot be stopped unless killed. However your movement speed is reduced to 65%. Lasts 15 sec.

Animation: Paladin holds his weapon up (pointing with it towards sky, holding it with both hands above head) light beam from sky hits the weapon (that would happen in 0.5 sec), when you fight your weapon glows with golden light.
    Last edited by mmoc74dbc71507; 2012-05-17 at 11:58 AM.

None of these are the most needed thing, a damaging holy power dump for all specs.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

They're pretty much done with paladins.. every other class is getting more treatment.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    They're pretty much done with paladins.. every other class is getting more treatment.
    With any luck, this is just a case of them doing the rounds and concentrating on one class at a time.

EJL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    With any luck, this is just a case of them doing the rounds and concentrating on one class at a time.

EJL
    Agreed, look at Shamans and Monks as far as i heared they are bit messed up right now.