Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I chose to ignore that part.
    It's just one of my many pet peeves. I can understand having a dislike for Activision in general, but if you're going to hate, hate the right people...

If you hate what was done with MoP, or Diablo 3, or Starcraft 2, then you hate what Blizzard did. I'm starting to think Blizzard "merged" with Activision for the sake of a free and easy scapegoat to avoid that kind of ridicule.

Hell, when I go to the Activision site, I see that they're supposedly responsible for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Do people hate CoD?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Do people hate CoD?
    Is this a trick question, or am I missing your point?
    A large amount of 'serious' gamers can't stand CoD. Like, a VERY large amount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Is this a trick question, or am I missing your point?
    Genuinely asking, because I was under the impression a lot of gamers enjoy it. *shrugs*
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    I was planning on a sylvari female, this is just icing on the cake for me.

I don't. I wasn't aware, for example, that he'd voiced Mugen in Samurai Champloo. But I'm guessing you're the kind of guy that, when watching a movie, would be too busy noticing "WTF that's Tom Cruise? I hate that guy!" than simply enjoying the movie. :S
    Yes, I'm the kind of guy that doesn't see a movie when the movie stars an actor he doesn't like. I think that's pretty common actually.

Deleted
    Well I'm not trying to be kind. Just objectively pointing out that I don't care who plays the characters, so long as it's done well. I don't recognize ANY of the actors in the HBO Game of Thrones series, yet they're doing amazing nonetheless.

Well, most of them are. Tyrion's actor, at the very last, is doing quite well, as well as the girl playing Arya.
    Oh charming - first you say the sweetest things...and then you snatch them back.

Anyway...the subtlety of the discussion is nestled away in this statement:

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum
    I don't care who plays the characters, so long as it's done well
    *I* don't care about "famous" people etc either - but there's no disputing that some of them are rather fine actors and performers...and can deliver like few other people can. It was never about the face - it was only ever about the quality of the delivery.

Purples assertions that he cares not for actors at all and is only in it for the story is clearly short sighted - because a disgracefully poor performance can impact everything else. He cares not for good actors - but if he was watching a film with an extremely poor casting choice then he simply would not be entertained in the way that he likes.

You see - for all Purples screams of "no, no, no"...I'm afraid that he/she *is* thinking in terms of good actors, whether aware of it or not.

Deleted
    My answer to the OP? NO, a thousand times NO. She can't do an english-esque accent to save her life, and besides, every time she speaks, I get a million images of other people she's voiced in my head. NOT a good thing for immersion.
    Just my opinion, 'Generic'fer Hale is used in WAY too many games these days.

Trees cant talk, whats this thread all about O: ?

Someone created an account just to reply to a post from back in May? Is it really getting that slow around here?

Deleted
    I made a norn female, and sadly the voiceacting that is you is one of them that is quite terrible, very uneven overall a few are great but some are really terrible...

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, this is good enough for me and has already changed my Sylvari Thief from male to female

Anything is better than being Asura and having to listen to that redheaded gnome woman's voice.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Anything is better than being Asura and having to listen to that redheaded gnome woman's voice.
    Didnt know felicia day was that small O:

Don't know who voiced Caithe but I wish that was a selectable option for my character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Ah, I missed the bit where he mentioned it in the OP.

Leah is a major character. Adopted daughter of Cain the Elder and the child of Adria the Witch [Diablo 1 character] and the Wander [D1 Warrior who carried Diablo within in him and freed the Prime Evils].

Watching the D3 cinematics right now and losing my mind. Another masterpiece it seems for the franchise. 3 for 3.
    And this gem is why necros should be allowed
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Would never have guessed it was Jennifer Hale without being told. Playing the sylvari she sounds more dignified and less hard-boiled than Shepherd or the trooper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    She does alright, but her English accent is quite hilarious at points. They probably would have done better to chose someone with a real southern-english-slightly-uppercrust accent, if that's what they were going for.
    I much prefer her as Shep.
    Edit: Bleh, just noticed this is a necro... nevermind >.<
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP