Digital / Physical Diablo 3 to Collector's Edition

So I pre-ordered the new batch of Collector's Edition from Walmart a few days ago, and my copy is suppose to arrive on the 21st. I really don't want to wait a whole week just to play Diablo 3, but I will if I can't upgrade from the digital or physical normal copy of Diablo 3.

I know Blizzard said the Annual Pass users will be fine and a-okay with imputing their Collector's Edition codes, but what about non-annual pass users? Does anyone here know if it's safe to go ahead and buy a copy on the 15th, play for a week, than input my collector's edition?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, of course it would be. Why wouldn't it?

---------- Post added 2012-05-13 at 07:29 PM ----------

Just remember, it is probably only going to credit you for having 1 diablo 3 game. It will just turn the normal version into the collector's edition

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd assume it will work the same way a WoW account would. So you should be fine to get the regular the 15th, then upgrade it when you get the CE in. Just out on some money, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by 0oglitcho0 View Post
    Yeah, of course it would be. Why wouldn't it?

---------- Post added 2012-05-13 at 07:29 PM ----------

Just remember, it is probably only going to credit you for having 1 diablo 3 game. It will just turn the normal version into the collector's edition
    I'm fine with buying the game on the same day release, and than being over-written. But I haven't seen any Blizzard Employee confirming it. Just wondering if anyone actually has a source for it, or am I just being silly and over-worrying about it.

You can do this, and you get 4 months of WoW free. cba finding a blue post, search it if you want to know for sure.
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

It will work, i did it with Regular Cataclysm to CE. And just an fyi, if you order games and want them on the day of release buy next day shipping.

Asus Prime x299 | Intel i7-7800x | Corsair H110i cpu watercooler | MSI Sea Hawk gtx 1080 | 16gb DDR4 3000hz GSkill RGB | Samsung 960 evo 250gb M.2 + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair AX760 | Corsair Crystal series 570x case | Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit | Acer 23 inch monitor 1920x1080 + LG 23inch 1920x1080 + Asus 144hz 1920x1080|

Quote Originally Posted by Deepsidedj View Post
    You can do this, and you get 4 months of WoW free. cba finding a blue post, search it if you want to know for sure.
    Hah, I wish. That deal is for the Annual Pass users only.

Quote Originally Posted by windfish View Post
    It will work, i did it with Regular Cataclysm to CE. And just an fyi, if you order games and want them on the day of release buy next day shipping.
    Walmart only offered the quickest option of the 21st. Otherwise it was waiting upwards of the 24th.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjsno View Post
    I'm fine with buying the game on the same day release, and than being over-written. But I haven't seen any Blizzard Employee confirming it. Just wondering if anyone actually has a source for it, or am I just being silly and over-worrying about it.
    Spoke to blizz on the phone about this.

You can upgrade any edition of D3 to the collectors edition.

If it is a D3 digital edition, once you have upgraded it get in touch with blizz support and they will gift another copy of D3 to a battle.net account of your choosing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicey View Post
    Spoke to blizz on the phone about this.

You can upgrade any edition of D3 to the collectors edition.

If it is a D3 digital edition, once you have upgraded it get in touch with blizz support and they will gift another copy of D3 to a battle.net account of your choosing.
    I thought they were going to credit your wow account 4 months of game time (equal to 60 dollars) ... Did they change what they are doing?