Why would anyone take Burning Rush and Unbound Will over Blood Fear?

Blood fear, an instant fear that lasts 8, 4 and 2 secs respectively with diminishing returns, with such a short cooldown, literally allows you to take control of just about any fight against most classes without immunity to fear. Consider it as having 3 extra CC spells, on top of maybe Shadowfury/Mortal Coil, Succubus Whiplash or Felhunter spell lock, and Rain of Fire stun for destruction warlocks.

Burning Rush doesn't free you from snares, but allows you to get away at 4% HP per sec.

Unbound Will seems good and removes all DoTs or magical effects on you, while removing all CCs instantly, but at a min CD.

If we want to take Unbound Will over Blood Fear, it needs something more for its 1 min CD. Perhaps a temporary 5 second immunity to magical effects or CCs. Reducing its CD would be too overpowered though.

And if we want to take Burning Rush, at least give it the ability to remove remove all snares and give it a limited duration and a short CD, say 8 seconds?

10+ Year Old Account
    If cc is necessary for pve, maybe. If not then blood fear would be kinda useless in that situation. But, Blizz said they were aiming for wrath-like heroics so I don't think cc will be as needed.

First I rly dont know anything about PvP, but didnt they cap cc in it at 6sec? How BF can be 8?
    And Unbound will looks pretty much viable choice to me at that 20sec CD. Altho with that cost it will require a combo with a healer.

Quote Originally Posted by zugzug View Post
    First I rly dont know anything about PvP, but didnt they cap cc in it at 6sec? How BF can be 8?
    And Unbound will looks pretty much viable choice to me at that 20sec CD. Altho with that cost it will require a combo with a healer.
    Huh what? Unbound Will has a 20 sec CD now? Since when was it changed? It no longer consumes HP though, just like Blood Fear.

I don't know if you've used it but Burning Rush feels fucking awesome

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by creamie123 View Post
    Huh what? Unbound Will has a 20 sec CD now? Since when was it changed? It no longer consumes HP though, just like Blood Fear.
    It still got HP costs...Unbound Will: 20% of HP, and blood fear: 10%

@topic: There is also PvE, you know? I can´t think of any cata boss but chogall where fear was needet.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyna View Post
    @topic: There is also PvE, you know? I can´t think of any cata boss but chogall where fear was needet.
    In PvE fear is almost never used, and even if used the cast-time is usually unimpeded (unlike PvP). So Unbound Will and Burning Rush might be much more useful for PvE. Even for fights like Cho'gall, our Tier 2 talents (shadowfury, for instance) should be sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyna View Post
    It still got HP costs...Unbound Will: 20% of HP, and blood fear: 10%

Oh? I thought they removed the Health requirements for both for the latest MoP patch. It's 0 health cost as indicated on wowdb

Burning Rush is a great pve talent. It's probably one of the best ones because 4% max HP isn't a lot if you have a healer, and it lets you get to places faster than anyone else (save for a sprinting rogue/druid). I'll probably end up running Unbound Will because of its dot removal and cc removal (its perfect for fights like cho'gall where I can shadowfury everyone else and will myself), however, that may change depending on the fight.
    Soulburn: Unstable Affliction. A boy can dream.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by creamie123 View Post
    Oh? I thought they removed the Health requirements for both for the latest MoP patch. It's 0 health cost as indicated on wowdb
    The tooltip on wowdb is buggy. Just checked it on beta before I posted it.

Burning Rush would have been ace to have on Atramedes.

As Gnome for pvp, I love burning rush. Escape artist => run is boss when demonic port is on CD.
    Unbound Will: 20% health is a bit too much
    Blood fear: bleh, fear still breaks on one tick. Only horror effects are good imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I really like Burning Rush, and don't really like Blood Fear at all, I think the 10% cost is too high to justify not just casting it normally.

Off Topic: Please stop posting new threads asking questions that are easily answered by reading tool-tips, or old threads and stop posting sensationalist threads based on opinions and not mechanics, you are flooding our forums with garbage.

A lot of people would. Blood Fear is not end all be all talent for that tier. Organized teams have already been victorious in the past using the normal fear.

I think the real question here is how can anyone not take Blood Fear? Burning Rush is great but very situational especially in PvP. Unbound Will is awesome, but a trinket is already enough on a lot of situations. But then again, as I said before, I expect UW to be nerfed so bad by having DRs with trinkets or WotF. Just wait till the QQ on instant fears subsides.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burning Rush is amazing, stacks with Dark Flight too. Only problem I have is sometimes I forget to turn it off.

Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    Off Topic: Please stop posting new threads asking questions that are easily answered by reading tool-tips, or old threads and stop posting sensationalist threads based on opinions and not mechanics, you are flooding our forums with garbage.

I didn't realize it, but this OP is the same OP that made a post QQ'ing in the priest forums about how warlocks can "cover dispels with Unending Breath and Lesser Invisibility"

/facepalm.

10+ Year Old Account
    while on paper it seems awesome...in reality i will be trying the idea of burning rush and unbound will...however, im mostly tempted to see burning rush and the talent that allows casting while moving...combined you still move 30% faster without popping the active...yes i know you will be draning health constantly but god dammit i wanna try it!!! BG's with pocket heals =P

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizers View Post
    Burning Rush is amazing, stacks with Dark Flight too. Only problem I have is sometimes I forget to turn it off.
    QFT. I will be setting up a very obvious Power Aura to let me know that Burning Rush is still active.

creamie stop posting in the locks section everyone thinks you're a troll coz all your posts are irrelevant.

on topic, read my post about blood fear and you'll know why anyone would take the others over blood fear.