halp me (affliction)

Im not a veteran player so anyway im starting to use addons and im very confused with them. Im not used to them at all when im playing i will find i just go blank and have no idea what im doing.

Maybe its the addons im using dotimer or quartz but im not used to seeing anything but the default icons on the screen. My eyes bounce around the screen when checking things like debuffs/CDs looking at my actionbar then dotimer then the portraits.

Is this normal? Should i bother with addons if this confuses me? Pretty much everyone uses addons in their games and love it :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy valmer View Post
    Im not a veteran player so anyway im starting to use addons and im very confused with them. Im not used to them at all when im playing i will find i just go blank and have no idea what im doing.

Maybe its the addons im using dotimer or quartz but im not used to seeing anything but the default icons on the screen. My eyes bounce around the screen when checking things like debuffs/CDs looking at my actionbar then dotimer then the portraits.

Is this normal? Should i bother with addons if this confuses me? Pretty much everyone uses addons in their games and love it :/
    When I raid, my eyes are constantly bouncing around the screen. Checking my dot timers, checking the raid warnings, marking kill targets, and watching out for all the normal fight mechanics. It feels good to me, and when I play without them I hate it.

When you start using a new DoT timer its always awkward at first. I switched from DoTimer to ForteX at the beginning of Dragon Soul and wasn't keen on it in the beginning. But I eventually grew to like it more and more after spending a couple hours working with the settings.

I'd give it some time before dropping it as Timers are extremely helpful.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    i prefer Dotracker (or dottracker i forget). dont need to watch it count down it just pops up when the dot has a duration under that which you set (i do 3 seconds for instant cast dots, 4 seconds for cast time dots) this way you just see a big old icon of that dot pop up and refresh it next gcd. simple