Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    ---------- Post added 2012-05-14 at 11:26 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    The healing ratio is the same as the damage one.
    If you're at 33,333hp and your pet is at 16,667 (67/33), you get 67% of the healing and your pet 33%.
    If your pet is at full health, obviously you get 100% of the healing.

For Soul Leech it's a bit different. You get twice the healing because you both your and your pet healing are split. Example from a combatlog:
    Ysen's Demonic Slash hits Boss for 13245 Shadow - So you're supposed to get 1324 heal from that
    Ysen's Soul Leech heals Ysen for 784 (673 Absorbed) - The 1324 is split as 712/613, but there's the 10% buff from Fel Armor, so it's 784/673
    Ysen's Soul Leech heals Mypet for 613 (712 Absorbed) - Normal split
    Ysen's Soul Link heals Ysen for 784 - This is the 712 from my pet, with the 10% buff from Fel Armor.
    My pet does get the 673 heal, but it doesn't show in the log.
    Wow that means that Soul Link is a bit of a double-edged sword.

You get 33-40% damage mitigation, but almost all heals are reduced by the same amount by being split between the pet, except for Dark Regeneration, which heals both the pet and the Warlock.

Hmmm, but this can also be bad for the Warlock. If you are fighting another lock, all he can do is to DoT up both you and your pet to do double DoT damage, unless of course, he is using a phased Imp or permanently invisible succubus (though who would?).

In a sense, Sacrificial Pact's 200000 HP bubble prevents healing being mitigated, or additional damage dealt to you through double DoTing or spells like Harvest Life or Multi-shot, which do multiple target damage.
    Last edited by creamie123; 2012-05-14 at 11:26 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by creamie123 View Post
    Wow that means that Soul Link is a bit of a double-edged sword.

You get 33-40% damage mitigation, but almost all heals are reduced by the same amount by being split between the pet, except for Dark Regeneration, which heals both the pet and the Warlock.

Hmmm, but this can also be bad for the Warlock. If you are fighting another lock, all he can do is to DoT up both you and your pet to do double DoT damage, unless of course, he is using a phased Imp or permanently invisible succubus (though who would?).
    Yes, that's why I don't see Soul Link as a mitigation tool, more like a health boost. The same way a healer can heal you putting Hots on both you and your pet, you'll take more damage if someone use dots on both of you.
    I don't PvP anyway, but in PvE Soul Link is way more powerful because pets take hardly no damage, but will get lot of AoE heals. In a raid situation you'll have as much (even more) effective health as a tank, while being easier to heal (and don't forget the 10% buff from Fel Armor).
    I mean at 85, in normal pve gear (no stamina gem), combining my pet health and mine I have 255k hp unbuff.
    Unless there's a gimmick fight, like asking your lock to solo soak Onslaught or Impale with Dark Bargain, Soul Link is by far my pve choice.
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2012-05-14 at 11:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I remember correctly, ALL pets have been affected by resilience since either the start of Cata or pretty close to it (Try attacking any pet, and noticing that it doesnt go down in 5 seconds, which it should if it had 0 resilience)

Soul Link in MoP, as stated, effectively gives you more health. However, you and your pet are essentially "linked", and like all bosses that are linked (Valiona and Theralion, Omnitron, Ryolith Legs) classes that use DoT damage essentially can have the DoT damage doubled if they cast it on both targets. Thus, if you have any DoTs, dot up both the pet and the lock for double damage.

In addition, the pet can become a weak point: While you, the lock, has a number of damage reduction CDs (Unending Resolve, Twilight Ward) the pet does NOT, so if you pop something while being focused, they can easily switch to your pet.

Of course, Soul Link can be turned on/off, so a good warlock will have it on when he is being focused, and turn it off when the pet is focused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see any reason for them to take out the way soul link+instant summon works at the moment.

There are a few risk/rewards involved with it.

For one ,we are consuming a resource that could other wise be used for some thing else. Also, If we let them burn us down below 20% we are now in execute range and even if we are able to resummon a pet our health will stay that way and the 100k pet health will be eaten through in seconds.

I have been using the Voidlord while leveling as affliction, and I'll tell you what, disarming a rogue or a hunter who is mid shot, is by far my favorite thing to do while pvping.