Thread: Revive Teams

Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,040

    Revive Teams

    So, I've been watching youtube videos of things like Shadow Behemoth and WvW and such, and I had a thought...

    Remember back to Molten Core, when you'd have specific people hanging back from fights to rez people?
    Am I the only one beginning to think that, for big events in GW2, organized groups would be wise to have "revive teams" watching specifically for people who have been defeated? Even if their job isn't necessarily "run around and revive people who failed" they would certainly be teams of people that chose rezzing utilities.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  2. #2
    Ugh, who wants to be on that team?

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Blademaster Kapitein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Ugh, who wants to be on that team?
    I for example wouldn't mind being on that team.

  5. #5
    Some of the bigger events I spent 90% of my time reviving people. Why I didn't equip elixir R is beyond me.....

  6. #6
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronius View Post
    Some of the bigger events I spent 90% of my time reviving people. Why I didn't equip elixir R is beyond me.....
    Yeah, I was doing the same thing on my Thief, but Thieves don't have any revive utilities, except for putting down an Ambush Trap when we start reviving, and stealthing for 2 seconds when we finish a rez.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  7. #7
    Same for me, during a lot of the big events I got tired of dying and just spent all my time rezing people. Less stressful, no repair bill, and I get lots of exp.

  8. #8
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Same for me, during a lot of the big events I got tired of dying and just spent all my time rezing people. Less stressful, no repair bill, and I get lots of exp.
    I imagine revive teams would be full of people built specifically for support, not just rezzing - healing, buffing, removing conditions, etc. So maybe it would be more accurate to call them the "support squad" or something.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  9. #9
    The Lightbringer Glytch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    3,109
    the return of IWAY


    im down

    ---------- Post added 2012-05-13 at 03:59 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Yeah, I was doing the same thing on my Thief, but Thieves don't have any revive utilities, except for putting down an Ambush Trap when we start reviving, and stealthing for 2 seconds when we finish a rez.
    shadow refuge
    The Original Ganksta

    Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

  10. #10
    High Overlord Marn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    165
    *flashbacks from Team Fortress 2* MEDIC! MEEDDDDIIIICCCCCCC!!!!!

    That's how I lost my medical license!

  11. #11
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    shadow refuge
    That stealths and heals, it doesn't revive.

    This revives: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glyph_of_Renewal
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Marn View Post
    *flashbacks from Team Fortress 2* MEDIC! MEEDDDDIIIICCCCCCC!!!!!

    That's how I lost my medical license!
    You just reminded me of Team Fabulous 2.

    00:55 into the video.



    On topic.

    There surely will be support teams, it wouldn't surpirse me at all, but they would gimp themself a lot compared to others who evens it out with damage and support.

  13. #13
    The Lightbringer Glytch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    3,109
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    That stealths and heals, it doesn't revive.

    This revives: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glyph_of_Renewal
    1) the stealth gives you 4 seconds unmolested to get revive health on them

    2) the ticks add health, reducing the amount of revive time you need by maybe 1 tick. if interrupted that 4 ticks of refuge could mean everything
    The Original Ganksta

    Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

  14. #14
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    1) the stealth gives you 4 seconds unmolested to get revive health on them

    2) the ticks add health, reducing the amount of revive time you need by maybe 1 tick. if interrupted that 4 ticks of refuge could mean everything
    It is not the same thing as an instant-revive skill, or a skill like "I Will Avenge You!" that lets you essentially rally FOR them.

    I did not say the following:
    1. Shadow Refuge is useless (because it's not)
    2. Shadow Refuge doesn't help with reviving (because it does)
    3. Shadow Refuge doesn't help prevent down/defeat (because it does)

    I simply said it's not a revive, and that's 100% factual.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  15. #15
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    It is not the same thing as an instant-revive skill, or a skill like "I Will Avenge You!" that lets you essentially rally FOR them.

    I did not say the following:
    1. Shadow Refuge is useless (because it's not)
    2. Shadow Refuge doesn't help with reviving (because it does)
    3. Shadow Refuge doesn't help prevent down/defeat (because it does)

    I simply said it's not a revive, and that's 100% factual.
    Meh you're just being picky...

    Do I see people making revive teams? Meh maybe? I don't think they're required because you get plenty of people like me who will fight the boss/ enemies, revive, support, and control and what ever else just because they can... That and those who fight alone die alone, so it's good to pick up people whenever you can!!

    PS: rangers have 2 revive skills so therefore we are better then rezzing then you lesser creatures!!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  16. #16
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Do I see people making revive teams? Meh maybe? I don't think they're required because you get plenty of people like me who will fight the boss/ enemies, revive, support, and control and what ever else just because they can... That and those who fight alone die alone, so it's good to pick up people whenever you can!!
    You are the people who would be on a revive team! :P
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  17. #17
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    You are the people who would be on a revive team! :P
    Pfft please!! I never sit back from a fight!! I'd be reviving the original team while the revive team watches with envy
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  18. #18
    The Lightbringer Glytch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    3,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Meh you're just being picky...

    Do I see people making revive teams? Meh maybe? I don't think they're required because you get plenty of people like me who will fight the boss/ enemies, revive, support, and control and what ever else just because they can... That and those who fight alone die alone, so it's good to pick up people whenever you can!!

    PS: rangers have 2 revive skills so therefore we are better then rezzing then you lesser creatures!!
    this coming from the guy who tries to solo packs in HM
    The Original Ganksta

    Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

  19. #19
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Pfft please!! I never sit back from a fight!! I'd be reviving the original team while the revive team watches with envy
    I don't think revive teams would actually be required to "sit back" from a fight. They'd just be the ones responsible for reviving the dumbasses!

    Back in Molten Core, people had to sit back from the fight because if they got into combat they couldn't rez people. That's not the case in GW2.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  20. #20
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I don't think revive teams would actually be required to "sit back" from a fight. They'd just be the ones responsible for reviving the dumbasses!

    Back in Molten Core, people had to sit back from the fight because if they got into combat they couldn't rez people. That's not the case in GW2.
    Ah ok i thought you were saying that they'd sit back so that the rez team wouldn't die xD didn't realize that was JUST for wow where they would need to avoid combat xD.

    ---------- Post added 2012-05-13 at 09:22 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    this coming from the guy who tries to solo packs in HM
    lol your point? And i do solo them quite well tyvm!! and i never fight alone i always have my trusty dog Wilson at my side to make the bad people go away!!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •