Thread: Revive Teams

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    was planning on making my elementalist more on the support side anyways

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Thank-you for reminding me as to why I'll be sticking with Guardian... want to do some damage? Get my weapon on, hop in and smash faces. Want to be that support that everyone loves? Get the right signets and traits and *BAM* support.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

When doing WvW, I noticed that a lot of people were already aware of those falling around them, and taking the time to get them back into the fight if possible. I'm not sure how necessary a "revive team" would be, although I suppose they'd be more efficient at it due to chosen traits.

So you are suggesting having a dedicated person whose responsibility would be to bring up health.. With that joke out of the way, I've toyed with the idea of support elementalist and glyph or renewal. I like it, It's quite good. I've figured that the bigger the crowd of people you are supporting the better the build becomes. Add the amazing versatility of your attunements and the utility that it bring for your group without even touching your official utility skills. I think my main would be support Elemantalist with Earth and Water maxed traits build. I get giddy just thinking about: "Go in switch to earth, glyph of renewal and then mist form out of harm's way and back to your normal debuffing/dps rotation while keeping safe distance from baddies". That kind of support playstyle might not be considered fun by the majority but I feel that it would be necessary for the top skill challenge brackets be it PvP or PvE.

I dont think well see all that much of this. Folks seem to naturaly revive others without being told if the BWE is any example. The only time I see it as likely is in WvW. It might be worthwhile to have the low level folks run around rezing leting the true 80s that have better damage output continue to fight while the weaker characters get the fallen back in the fight.

Who is John Galt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    I dont think well see all that much of this. Folks seem to naturaly revive others without being told if the BWE is any example. The only time I see it as likely is in WvW. It might be worthwhile to have the low level folks run around rezing leting the true 80s that have better damage output continue to fight while the weaker characters get the fallen back in the fight.
    Anet even said that the lower levels in the events were useful because they could A) be combat medics B) defend caravans C) use the siege weapons and the such that are built since those are just flat stat things, and D) run supply. there's probably more, but i don't remember those off the top of my heads, and the low levels would probably be -OK- at combat, but in the end they really wont be as helpful as they would be in areas that level doesn't play a huge role in...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

It would maybe be a nice change of pace every now and then to run around and help revive people.
    You know the thing...

10+ Year Old Account
    Years of BF2 and 2142 have prepared me for this.

I am prepared to perform my duties.
    RIP Gunther, he wanted orange, the world gave him lemon-lime.

Quote Originally Posted by EdisonTrent View Post
    Years of BF2 and 2142 have prepared me for this.
    Hell, yeah. First few games I just died in couple of seconds not knowing why, slowly I realized that sticking with your squad is good, they seems to know what they are doing and you could spawn on their location giving you less chance to be stranded. Then came the phase, well I have no idea where the bullets come flying from but at least my squad members seems to shoot something, I could help them out I could resupply,heal them. Then there was "OMG healing,resupplying my squad gives more XP!!!" at that point I've voluntarily become heal/rez bitch of the squad with time and practice I finally started to realize who and from where was shooting me so that I could be even more helpful to the team. Those are just a few going ways to incentive and reinforce team play I am glad to see that GW2 has their own take on it.

So buckle up support play here I come.