Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Black Market Auction House Items, Diablo III Information Recap

Black Market Auction House Items
    As a followup to yesterday's post, these are the items we have come across on the Black Market Auction House so far. Mounts seem to start at 20,000 gold, Armor at 10,000 gold, Pets at 10,000 gold, and Misc items at 10,000 - 15,000 gold.

The auctions last for 24 hours or more and the current bid cap is 214,748 gold. This cap could be increased in the future, just like the gold limit was increased. After winning, another item is not added to the auction house immediately. The number of items that are up for auction is not the same across all servers. There is no way to tell if these are placeholder items or not, so please wait for an official announcement before providing feedback!

Diablo III Information Recap
    With a little over one day to go, now is the best time to catch up on all the information out there about Diablo III that you might have missed! Our friends over at Diablofans have been hard at work putting this massive recap together. Even if you know all about the game, there can easily be Blizzcon videos, trailers, pictures or many other things you may not have seen or have forgotten about!

Keep in mind this could be a bit of a spoiler to some. For example the final boss of the game was announced last year in an official interview. Information like that is placed without spoiler warnings. Monster Affixes is also listed in the Monster section. Other than that, any spoilers require you to click on a picture to see.

Diablo III - The Classes
    Diablo III has only one returning class type - the Barbarian. The other four are new to Diablo III. Click the pictures below to get loads of information on each, such as facts, lore, rune skills, and other videos!

Diablo III - The Followers
    The Followers are companions to the player which help him in combat with different skills and buffs. In their article you can find details about their stats, equipment, dialogue and videos for each.

Diablo III - The World
    Same as the previous game, Diablo III will have 4 acts. The worlds are randomized just as Diablo II was with the exception of towns and major quest locations. Clicking on the areas will give you information on acts, locations, and level generation. Monsters will give you what we currently know about monsters, affixes and bosses. Quests will explain Blizzard's intentions with the questing system and give a summery of all known quests so far.

Diablo III - Items and the Auction House
    Diablo III introduces a feature which hasn't been explored much in the gaming world - a Real Money Auction house, where you can buy and sell items from the game for real currency. Apart from that is a standard Gold Auction House. They have also included a huge summary of information about the Items in the game.

Diablo III - Game systems and Modes
    Diablo III has many core changes from Diablo II. Skill and Runes particularly have had many changes made quite recently, which might have confused a lot of people. This can be fixed in the Skill and Runes article. Crafting is almost entirely new to the franchise. Magic Find includes lots of information about the popular stat and the new buff called Nephalem Valor. There is also major info on Multiplayer, PvP, Difficulties and the Hardcore mode.

Diablo III - Story and Achievements
    There is also a small summary of the Diablo's storyline so far, plus lots of videos of all cinematics and information about books involved with the game. Also an important note, unlike the other articles the achievements is not so much a recap, as it is a FULL LIST, so SPOILER WARNING

Last edited by chaud; 2012-05-14 at 05:52 PM.

Im really interested in seeing how the Black Market AH pans out. I like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Me too <3 Cant wait!

Making items less rare = terrible. T3 Replicas will create a lot of sad pandas. I think this is stupid personally. Anyone who played back then worked hard for that gear... now blizzard seems to give more work to chinese farmers to sell more gold to player who want rare items.

Deleted
    Brilliant Diablo post, will read every tomorrow as I wait in excitement for the game to go live.
    Last edited by mmoceeceb76e25; 2012-05-13 at 09:33 PM.

What is a BS pattern doing on a black market AH

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    GG for rare mounts.

stupid, sucky pets for 10k at start pff

Tabard of Flame? So TCG items are a-go! I hope that's not a placeholder!

Totally not looking at D3 stuff im going in freeesh well i already sussed out my Monk Build but apart from that i dont wanna know lol till tomorrow.

I have a feeling the BM items are placeholders. Rare items I could see being sold, but exclusives?

Quote Originally Posted by Thessalor View Post
    I have a feeling the BM items are placeholders. Rare items I could see being sold, but exclusives?
    It would seem odd to make them placeholders. If Blizzard just wanted to test placeholders, they could've easily done that, putting grey/green items and basic mounts in there. Why put ridiculously rare items or items that have been removed from the game otherwise only to take them out later?

Also, things that are placeholders typically get a (PH) marking somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkt View Post
    Making items less rare = terrible. T3 Replicas will create a lot of sad pandas. I think this is stupid personally. Anyone who played back then worked hard for that gear.
    Except for the loads of people that wish they had access T3, which far outnumbers the crowd that is all smug about having it. It wasn't especially prestigious, hard to get, or anything like that. Other tiers remain - that's the only thing that sets T3 apart. Silly, really.

I feel that quite a few of those items are placeholders. What I'm seeing here so far is a potential money sink for those who have interest in gathering rare-ish items but don't want to go through the effort of farming an old raid/instance repeatedly to get those things.

And of course, for those who don't want to have to outbid someone with potentially millions of gold to throw around there's the option of still being able to get those things the 'normal' way.

I see no problem with this at all, or this being a "now anyone can get Ashes of A'lar!!" problem... cause really, right now ANYONE can get Ashes of A'lar, provided they substantially outlevel The Eye and have 5 friends to run the raid with.

ammendum: What I might WORRY about, though, is the Teir 1/2 gear sitting there being placeholders for what would be teir 14 pieces. While I see this being a great opportunity for a money sink for vanity items, I don't want to see progression gear on this thing, ever.

another ammendum: took a harder look, I see it's now Teir 3 items. That makes a bit more sense. Most people who had collected Teir 3 have probably quit the game ages ago. No sense in hiding one of the best teir sets from the game populace that's happy and willing to wear it for cosmetic reasons.
    Last edited by greyghost; 2012-05-13 at 09:19 PM.

It is unfathomably difficult for me to not click those Diablo 3 links

10+ Year Old Account
    I am hoping for a 3-5 day Bid on the items, a week at most. This will allow them to put a good variety of items out there without flooding the market. 48 hours will definately be too short.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien View Post
    Except for the loads of people that wish they had access T3, which far outnumbers the crowd that is all smug about having it. It wasn't especially prestigious, hard to get, or anything like that. Other tiers remain - that's the only thing that sets T3 apart. Silly, really.
    It's more then just loot that should be obtained by anyone in the game, it shows classic raiders which 90% of the players don't exist anymore. It's something more of a heirloom obtained by back in the day that no one can get anymore. New players shouldn't QQ about not being able to get it since they didn't even know about it.

I know some people agree and some disagree just if this goes to live expect the rich to get bored and quit the game and people who have it already will most likely stop playing MoP.

Clearly the Diablo 3 information is much more important. What's all this chatter about WoW stuff?

Another great move by blizzard. This is really the best gold sink they could of possibly done. With all the moves bliz has announced and is making for mop just out of people i know there is around 100 returning to the game as they won't be locked into one toon by mounts pets achievements and time, and 1 person that i know is whining that they are gonna quit. Bliz is really stepping it up with mop hope they continue to deliver

Quote Originally Posted by Dkt View Post
    It's more then just loot that should be obtained by anyone in the game, it shows classic raiders which 90% of the players don't exist anymore. It's something more of a heirloom obtained by back in the day that no one can get anymore. New players shouldn't QQ about not being able to get it since they didn't even know about it.

I know some people agree and some disagree just if this goes to live expect the rich to get bored and quit the game and people who have it already will most likely stop playing MoP.
    There's an excellent chance that the vast majority of people who actually have T3 and are still playing are actually people who farmed Naxx for it during TBC. Worth remembering that little fact.