Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    I know, seriously. Blizzard should totally just remove gold altogether...why should some rich jerk be able to just go a buy ore when you have to sweat out mining it? Why should some rich punk be able to go buy epic gems when you have to beat a Dragon Soul boss? Gold is and has always been a corruption in an MMO that prides itself on fairness.

And besides, anyone with gold obviously bought it. I've certainly never heard of anyone "earning" gold legitimately. Pretty sure it's impossible.
    Gold are very easy to make.

I am JC and LW, I am not exactly gonna tell you what I make, but it all involve buying the mats on AH with a good price, craft/cut them, and sell them for at least a few hundred gold profit a piece, and you can sell many in a day, you can easily make 20k a week, and i am sitting on nearly 200k gold.

Why do we buy the ore? Cause you are selling it in a price that we can use your ore to turn into something else and make profit out of it. You got that gem from DS boss? I bought it and cut it and make nearly 200-300g profit on 1 gem, that is why.

Gold is very easy to make, you just need to be not retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post

I am JC and LW, I am not exactly gonna tell you what I make, but it all involve buying the mats on AH with a good price, craft/cut them, and sell them for at least a few hundred gold profit a piece, and you can sell many in a day, you can easily make 20k a week, and i am sitting on nearly 200k gold.

Why do we buy the ore? Cause you are selling it in a price that we can use your ore to turn into something else and make profit out of it. You got that gem from DS boss? I bought it and cut it and make nearly 200-300g profit on 1 gem, that is why.

I think he was being sarcastic. Figured it out from "And besides, anyone with gold obviously bought it. I've certainly never heard of anyone "earning" gold legitimately. Pretty sure it's impossible.", which is obviously not true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpyhooves View Post
    Wow people will really argue about anything on the internet.

Whats next?
    Pepsi vs Holy Pally which would win?
    Apple Mac vs Justin Bieber?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wimbo125 View Post
    the Black Market AH, well, I hope it gets removed. Some people did Naxx and had to put effort in acquiring T3 instead of having just lots and lots of gold!
    This may come as a surprise to you, but acquiring lots and lots of gold takes effort too.

Earning gold can actually take as much time as hardcore raiding.

My only gripe about the black market auction house is that it reintroduces content (which should have never been removed, in my opinion) to a very select few. As a gold sink, the idea is brilliant; as a way for players to obtain items that were removed for really no reason, it falls short.

Quote Originally Posted by lilbuddhaman View Post
    Sucks that they are totally giving the vets a big FU, but any of the ones still around are probably still around for all the wrong reasons.
    So they should appease the "veterans" of the game by keeping content from the majority of the playerbase, even though most of the "veterans" are no longer around?

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond2 View Post
    You mean you can't be a special snowflake anymore?

I'm all for gutting this plague from the game. Special Snowflake Syndrome being removed makes me even happier for MoP. In fact, I hope that the battle bear, mottled drake, feldrake, spectral tiger, and all other TCG mounts are put on the Black Market.

Everything should be available in game, somehow, without requiring TCG investment.
    I agree wholeheartedly. Content should not be removed to allow players to hold their accomplishments over the heads of others; if you would like to show off what you can earn, please clear current content and leave the challenges of the past for the masses to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonSoul View Post
    Ashes of Al'ar off BMAH should not give you a feat of strength since you didn't earn it, you bought it.
    I can pay a group of individuals to kill Kael'thas for me on my level 70 alt and "earn it," the fact that it can be obtained through means that does not require killing a raid boss doesn't mean it is less of an achievement. The only things that changed are that it is now a "guaranteed drop" and that the bidding is open to a larger number of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Killmaim Deathbringer View Post
    They better not put riding turtle on there. or any TCG mount on there. I'm the only one on my server with the riding turtle. (at least, I've never encountered anyone with one other than me)
    Because it is a pretty worthless mount. I actually got it by luck. I have no clue who has it on my server and I doubt anyone in the world knows I have it because I almost never use it.

I will say this, I love the BM AH.. the only thing I hope is that the auctions last a week, or at least 3-4 days so that the price gets bid really high and there aren´t a ton of items entering the game. Really, Ashes is easily farmable, and will be faceroll fast when we are 90. Adding 52 (one per week) is not that big of a deal since there will probably be hundreds added from farming.

I think it is a great idea even though I have a ton of mounts and almost all the pets.

good post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkt View Post
    Making items less rare = terrible. T3 Replicas will create a lot of sad pandas. I think this is stupid personally. Anyone who played back then worked hard for that gear... now blizzard seems to give more work to chinese farmers to sell more gold to player who want rare items.
    No. We PLAYED hard. See the difference ?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonSoul View Post
    black market ah is a joke seriously look at these people who have ashes of alar and farmed it for years before getting it now you can just buy it off a auction house way to go blizzard way to fail again so basically if your a raider then yo ucan pretty much buy every rare mount in the game, the ashes of alar of bmah shud not give yo ua feat of strength since you didnt earn it you bought it, why dnt they add dance studio or something instead of this garbage of an ah
    here find me some people that farmed it for years please. and that actually care about this.
    If you raid that doesnt mean you have gold, like c'mon dude. 2nd of all they didnt even say whats going to be sold, for all you know your bitching can be for nothing and ashes was never going to be there, Unless im wrong find me a blue post saying you can buy every blue mount in the game from BM while you spend 4years waiting. Also feats of strength dont mean you earned it, because here, I can go farm sethekk halls and get a mount drop, Oh i spent 5mins and it was my first drop, I surely earned it. By that logic nothing should be a FoS except stuff like Insane and anything you earned current content.
    A dance studio would be even more garbage, since you would be bored of it in a week.

Deleted
    It's not hard, but it can take a lot of time.

- Prospecting/Milling is time-consuming.
    - Posting large numbers of items on the AH takes time. If you have to relist several times per day because you've been undercut, it adds up.
    - Emptying the mailbox takes several minutes.

Altogether it's easy to spend 2-3 hours daily, depending on how much effort you want to put in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiphon View Post
    It's not hard, but it can take a lot of time.

- Prospecting/Milling is time-consuming.
    - Posting large numbers of items on the AH takes time. If you have to relist several times per day because you've been undercut, it adds up.
    - Emptying the mailbox takes several minutes.

Altogether it's easy to spend 2-3 hours daily, depending on how much effort you want to put in.
    - I don't prospect, I just buy leather and epic gems, craft/cut, sell.
    - I dont post large numbers, for gems, I cut may be 2-3, but I will only post 1 at a time.
    - Ok that does

The longest time I spent on it is actually browsing, for mats prices and if my auctions been undercut.

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond2 View Post
    You mean you can't be a special snowflake anymore?

I'm all for gutting this plague from the game. Special Snowflake Syndrome being removed makes me even happier for MoP. In fact, I hope that the battle bear, mottled drake, feldrake, spectral tiger, and all other TCG mounts are put on the Black Market.

Everything should be available in game, somehow, without requiring TCG investment.
    Buchanan was right, cultural Marxism really has taken over the West. People think they should be equal to others when the amount of work and the quality of work they do compared to those others are anything but equal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Considering Ashes has been farmed by small groups since Wrath, and is being solo'd in Cata, I laugh at ANYONE who's complaining about it taking years of hard work to attain.

I feel for the people who legitimately won it back when it was current content, but even then there was no large amount of skill involved, just some RNG.

Deleted
    IF it goes live, there is no reason to do anything in WoW anymore since you can buy the best stuff with real life money.

15+ Year Old Account
    IF it goes live, there is no reason to do anything in WoW anymore since you can buy the best stuff with real life money.
    Have fun getting your account banned for buying gold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleros View Post
    Have fun getting your account banned for buying gold.
    Impossible to detect if you're smart.

Also this feature gives more incentive to bot, cheat, dupe and steal accounts. Great idea Blizzard!
    Last edited by mmocb6717e7d29; 2012-05-13 at 11:58 PM.

Step 1: Pay money for Guardian Cubs.
    Step 2: Auction Guardian Cubs off for 5-7k gold each.
    Step 3. Buy gear from Blizzard Black Market Auction House using gold laundered from Guardian Cubs.

We're literally 2 steps away from Blizzard directly selling power. Every time we get a step closer the community hails it as a huge leap forward. What you're all failing to realize is that it's a huge leap forward to Blizzard turning World of Warcraft into a P2W game.

Quote Originally Posted by mi33 View Post
    Impossible to detect if you're smart.
    It's not impossible to detect that a level 1 character named Xfdasga traded you 20,000 gold out of the blue, or that you listed a stack of cloth on the auction house for 15,000 gold and a level 1 character named Opfsdap bought it out within two hours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Articuno View Post
    It's not impossible to detect that a level 1 character named Xfdasga traded you 20,000 gold out of the blue, or that you listed a stack of cloth on the auction house for 15,000 gold and a level 1 character named Opfsdap bought it out within two hours.
    Try detecting that in millions of auctions that get posted every day.

It's not impossible to detect but Blizzard simply doesn't have the manpower to police millions of transactions in each region daily.
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.

It's relatively easy to have a script running that flags potentially illegal transactions like that.