Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    my Riding Turtle and Hippogryph Hatchling not going to be unique as much now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Gold are very easy to make.

I am JC and LW, I am not exactly gonna tell you what I make, but it all involve buying the mats on AH with a good price, craft/cut them, and sell them for at least a few hundred gold profit a piece, and you can sell many in a day, you can easily make 20k a week, and i am sitting on nearly 200k gold.
    Gold is easy to make - as long as only a few does it the way you describe. Gold is not being conjured up from air when your gems sell on the AH. It is because other players DO NOT PLAY THE AH or craft it that you can make any profit at all. The day "the masses" join you in what you do, the profits will drop to zero or even less (due to the AH % cut).

I keeep seeing people proclaim this "cure for all" over and over. It isn't a cure for all. By definition, only a few can do this - and their profit is dependent on the majority doing dailies, running dungeons etc, and then spending their hard earned gold on gems that you provide. If they started doing like you, your profits would disappear and you would have to go out and grind dailies like the majority.

---------- Post added 2012-05-14 at 02:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by u9k13tjc View Post
    ah, so no pretense about objectiveness then.

Bliz is great, Bliz is great, Bliz is great.....thats the motto then aparantly....
    While I have no interest in Diablo myself, so partly agree with the grumbling about extensive D3 coverage, I still want to defend Boub here:

Who said anything about "objectiveness". This is a site run by someone who is perfectly entitled to focus on the stuff he enjoys playing and reporting on.
    And the readers are perfectly entitled to prefer reading about D3 over Rift or whatever, as they probably are.

Doesnt make sense. If it is intended to be a gold sink/inflation killer/gold farming incentive/fair chance getting a rare/rewarding the hardworker, then there should be no cap.
    Now it is simply the one who camp the AH (most likely a bot anyways) and the first to hit the buyout gets it.
    I can say 215k gold isnt alot of money, most of us have millions sitting idle in our bag, waiting to buy crap...

Quote Originally Posted by bregtann View Post
    Gold is easy to make - as long as only a few does it the way you describe. Gold is not being conjured up from air when your gems sell on the AH. It is because other players DO NOT PLAY THE AH or craft it that you can make any profit at all. The day "the masses" join you in what you do, the profits will drop to zero or even less (due to the AH % cut).

I keeep seeing people proclaim this "cure for all" over and over. It isn't a cure for all. By definition, only a few can do this - and their profit is dependent on the majority doing dailies, running dungeons etc, and then spending their hard earned gold on gems that you provide. If they started doing like you, your profits would disappear and you would have to go out and grind dailies like the majority.[COLOR="red"]
    When we are talking about inflation in game, yes, it is not about the merch in AH; as you have said, it doesnt generate new supply of money but a simple redistribution of money.
    Indeed, that guy seems to be confused about the idea of "making gold".
    Last edited by good diu bro; 2012-05-14 at 02:46 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by good diu bro View Post
    Doesnt make sense. If it is intended to be a gold sink/inflation killer/gold farming incentive/fair chance getting a rare/rewarding the hardworker, then there should be no cap.
    Now it is simply the one who camp the AH (most likely a bot anyways) and the first to hit the buyout gets it.
    I can say 215k gold isnt alot of money, most of us have millions sitting idle in our bag, waiting to buy crap...
    there is no such thing as "no cap" in computers. There is always a cap, for technical reasons. Pretty sure the cap is not there because Blizz felt they needed a cap, but because gold amounts are limited to a certain number of bits of data. No doubt they will raise it, but it may be technically messy.

When we are talking about inflation in game, yes, it is not about the merch in AH; as you have said, it doesnt generate new supply of money but a simple redistribution of money.
    Well that cap on the AH is what the gold cap used to be, it wasn't always 1million gold, they will probably change it, but honestly I don't see the point. It's not like everyone on a server has that much gold. If they do, not all of them are willing to pay that much. If they are, not all of those people are going to be stalking the black market. If they are, not all of those people are going to want the same item as you.

Quote Originally Posted by u9k13tjc View Post
    Whats with the D3 on this wow site? will GW:2 get this treatment when its released? I dont remember the Tera, Rift or other MMOs getting it..

Or is this not so much a wow site as a bliz fanworship-site?

Just asking.
    This is MMO-Champion, not WOW-Champion, there can be news on other games.
    Last edited by isendims; 2012-05-14 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Articuno View Post
    Buchanan was right, cultural Marxism really has taken over the West. People think they should be equal to others when the amount of work and the quality of work they do compared to those others are anything but equal.
    Work?

And here I thought we were all paying to play a video game.
    I take some solace in the fact that even though my snarky reply to someone's condescending rhetorical question earned me a 1-week ban, my post was not deleted. I was rather proud of that bit of snark, and I am glad it lives on.

Quote Originally Posted by isendims View Post
    Well that cap on the AH is what the gold cap used to be, it wasn't always 1million gold, they will probably change it, but honestly I don't see the point. It's not like everyone on a server has that much gold. If they do, not all of them are willing to pay that much. If they are, not all of those people are going to be stalking the black market. If they are, not all of those people are going to want the same item as you.

This is MMO-Champion, not WOW-Champion, there can be news on other games.
    While you do have a point to an extent, I feel obligated to let you know that Diablo is not an MMO. It's every Diablo player's duty to point this out whenever someone claims the game is an MMO.

"Bliz is great, Bliz is great, Bliz is great"

This I completely agree with

10+ Year Old Account
    Do we REALLY need a front page post devoted to Diablo III?

Did we get one for SWTOR? Aion? Age of Conan? Will we get one for GW2 TERA and The TES MMO?

Don't get me wrong, I intend to play the fuck out of Diablo III Tuesday. But... MMO-Champion usually deals exclusively with World of Warcraft. Can't we just put a "Diablo III Recap on our sister site" thing at the top?

Quote Originally Posted by oomu View Post
    No. We PLAYED hard. See the difference ?
    Sorry no it is work. Wipe over wipe over wipe trying and trying. I consider that working and getting paid in loot. Playing would be RP server imo

---------- Post added 2012-05-14 at 02:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    I guess you never did tier 7 did you?
    Yes I did, Recolored models of tier 3, Many recolored ones looks like trash compared to the actual tier 3.

Black AH is going to be awesome. Let's be real, this game needs some decent gold sinks, since there are people with millions of gold. And yes, they have "worked" for it, the same way some of you have done some trivial instance farms every week :P No friggin difference.

Glad to see Blizzard still adding new stuff to MoP.
    I doubt I'll be able to afford anything on this black market thing, but it's a neat concept and a great gold sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeleena View Post
    Step 1: Pay money for Guardian Cubs.
    Step 2: Auction Guardian Cubs off for 5-7k gold each.
    Step 3. Buy gear from Blizzard Black Market Auction House using gold laundered from Guardian Cubs.

We're literally 2 steps away from Blizzard directly selling power. Every time we get a step closer the community hails it as a huge leap forward. What you're all failing to realize is that it's a huge leap forward to Blizzard turning World of Warcraft into a P2W game.
    Considering everything that's for sale is cosmetic (though I suppose the T3 could be argued for twinks) and obtainable though other means (again, excepting T3) I don't really see how that comparason's apt at all.

There is no 'buyout' option, and if we remember that yes, the game's in beta, then it's fairly safe to assume that the cap would be raised when they work on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Quite clever if you think about it, this is possibly the first scalable gold sink in the game.
    Yes, and since some servers are vastly more populated than others, a scalable gold sink is perfect.

Top guilds have been selling boosts for mounts and titles for how long? From a buyer's perspective, this is exactly the same.

Deleted
    What buyout?

Deleted
    Every crying about ashes, it's an ugly mount get over it.
    It hasn't ment shit since wotlk.

T3 on the other hand

Quote Originally Posted by anarkie View Post
    ffs really? A new AH just to buy rare stuff!? So basically any rich mofo can buy himself an awesome mount, and leave the rest of us still grinding it out. Im surprised blizz inst selling us gold directly just to boost this more...
    you act like people sitting on the gold cap don't already do that by bribing people in /trade to join his/her tempest keep lottery raid. also it is supposed to be a gold sink. it is meant to take gold out of the server economy. not to inject it.

---------- Post added 2012-05-14 at 07:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Every crying about ashes, it's an ugly mount get over it.
    It hasn't ment shit since wotlk.

T3 on the other hand
    has only meant s**t since wotlk when people couldn't easy mode farm (60)Naxx for it anymore. i suppose you think someone having a set of T1, T2, and T2.5 is indicative of that someone being a total bad ass too eh? oh wait those are easily farmable. kind of like how T3 was for nearly 2 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demez View Post
    What buyout?
    Just bid the cap and no one else can get the item

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wimbo125 View Post
    Some people did Naxx and had to put effort in acquiring T3 instead of having just lots and lots of gold!
    runnin naxx with lvl70 was serious business!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Ashes of Al'ar for gold.
    Sad day in WoW history, shame.