Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    With the current MoP epics, you're gonna be able to solo the old raids SO easily.
    You won't even have to worry about stuns & tactics in The Eye when farming for Ashes, just 2-shot every boss in there, or laugh as you're stunned while having 500k hp... nbd.

That is why they're selling it/others... because it's not even going to be a slightly annoying, much less challenging to farm this stuff with the super uber stats on the upcoming gear.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Do we REALLY need a front page post devoted to Diablo III?

Did we get one for SWTOR? Aion? Age of Conan? Will we get one for GW2 TERA and The TES MMO?

Don't get me wrong, I intend to play the fuck out of Diablo III Tuesday. But... MMO-Champion usually deals exclusively with World of Warcraft. Can't we just put a "Diablo III Recap on our sister site" thing at the top?
    Yes, there is a large crossover between the people that play WoW and the people that play Diablo III. (Normally we only post news 6 days a week anyway, so consider it a bonus news!)

Because the crossover is smaller, the amount of news was smaller, but there were occasional items about SWTOR, GW2, Minecraft, Starcraft, and a few other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrak View Post
    The black market does sound intriguing, but I fear that it might be the end of super rare mounts.
    I agree, the age of the unique snowflakes is over!
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Chaud

You got some Diablo in my WoW. Tastes yummy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Black Market AH seems... odd.

If it were me, I would NOT put items that are CURRENTLY obtainable in game on the BMAH. Instead, put TCG items on there exclusively. I see a lot of people complaining about not wanting to spend real money for such cool items, mounts, pets so putting majority TCG items on the BMAH seems like a good idea to quiet that complaint down. Instead, (without knowing the official items on the BMAH ofc) we will have a lot of people who are disappointed that things they took months or years to farm can now be bought in a day (in my case, it would be Raven Lord, taking me 2 years to finally get to drop).

To those saying "Well it's not a feat anyway because you didn't get it current, n00b", I would have to tell you to shove it. The time spent on anything in game makes it so much more valuable to a person whether earned in current content or not.

I have an Ash'es myself and just that fact that I have been able to solo farm it since mid-FL (and certain other classes have been able to do it since late T11) already means it's 'special snowflake' status had already ended.

The main thing keeping it rare was that it was a weekly lockout that require 5+ people (back in WotLK) effectively making it a about 5 years worth of farming (2% drop rate with 5 people to roll.) Being able to solo knocks it down to 50 weeks worth of lockouts. Having mounts go account-wide now gives someone multiple attempts per week depending on the number of 85's.

Ony's mount is still rare for the same reason as Ash'es was; weekly lockout with many classes either unable to solo or still quite difficult to solo.

BTW, I think this is a great addition to the game both as a real gold sink (unless you count the disenchant-able FL rep items) and gives players another way to access unattainable or hard to obtain items (I'm expecting the old ZG mounts to come back this way as well - looking forward to more 'special snowflake QQ'ers') without opening the floodgates (by being able to limit the amount sold.)
    Last edited by Solia; 2012-05-14 at 06:41 PM.

People aren't happy unless they are complaining. It's not like these rare mounts are going to become super common now. We have no idea how often the really rare stuff will pop up on the BMAH? If they posted one Ashes a month or one every two months for the busier servers, that's 6-12 more out there per year. That is not the definition of something becoming common. As for TCG stuff, lots of it already sells on the normal AH, so if Blizz chooses to post a few on the Black Market, whats the difference? It just changes where the gold goes.

This is the best gold sink Blizzard has ever come up with. They can control how much gold they are taking out of the economy by controlling how often new stuff is put up on the black market. It's a stroke of pure brilliance. The only thing I'd bid ridiculous amounts for would be the Zulian Tiger. I farmed that thing forever and never got it, it's my unfinished business, and I will forgive Blizzard for removing it once I'm sitting on one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xMexyragosX View Post
    Regarding this "Black Market AH" thing...
    I just want to clear something up.
    Ashes of Al'ar... the mount I farmed since TBC, and only JUST got it on my hunter about four months ago...
    Can be bought.

-_-

Blizzard, you're a fucking disgrace to the world. I fucking hate you, so much, and I hope you know that the onyl time I will play WoW is on private servers, where I don't have to give my money to assholes that screw me over after i actually WORK HARD for my shit.
    All that is left to be said is that Blizzard, you guys are fucking retards.

Regards, Mexyragos.
    I joined in Wrath, just around Ulduar time.

I cleared TK 6 times in total, and it dropped, and I won the roll for it, over my guildie who ran TK for over a 100 times.

Did I work that much harder than someone that is likely to spend 200-300k gold on it? In fact the effort for earning that 200-300k probably more than the 6 times I clear TK.

Quote Originally Posted by cerbdog View Post
    I guess being proud that you got it the way you did (without spending a ridiculous amount of gold on the black market) doesn't mean much? So, the whole point of you getting it to begin with was simply to have something that nobody else did. Not to have it because you thought it was cool and liked it and it was a challenge?

That seems petty.
    It's not petty, it's sad how any achievement, any accomplishment, anything that makes you stand out from the rest of the players, anything that even remotely gives you that "special" feeling.. Gets rudely torn away by Blizzard and given to the random masses and casuals which didn't have to put any more effort into it than clicking a buy button.

Yeah...

Way to go spending weeks and weeks of farming high end raid content, way to go on saving up enough DKP to be on top of the batch, or getting a lucky roll,. or investing years of your life into helping a guild stay on top of the game only to have that waved aside as if it meant nothing.

For a lot of veterans these kind of updates are just further enforcing the lack of interest in returning to the game.
    Because, quite simply put, whatever you might "achieve", it won't mean anything in a few months from now.
    And that, sadly is the way the game has been "evolving" since Activision has taken control of it.

Ofc, some nice content has been added, but high end raids nowadays aren't really even that special anymore.
    Raid finder, normal mode, hard mode, 10 man raids,.

Face it up guys,. that WoW we used to know and love.

It's gone.

Install Diablo 3, and don't look back.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is REALLY obvious what blizzard is doing. They are making a means to reduce gold in game. Some players have literally millions of gold, and this gives a means to help reduce the amount of gold on servers so as to decrease the inflation on the auction houses for basic items.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrak View Post
    The black market does sound intriguing, but I fear that it might be the end of super rare mounts.
    You hven't played recently. The end of the super rare mounts has already come. Most rare mounts can be gotten easily now through solo/2man. Or even making pugs and reserve the mount for 100kish(Yogg+0, LK25hc). And mounts like Ragnaros and Deathwing are already being sold for 100-200k. So the super rare mounts ended 2 years ago. The black market isn't gonna harm anything. And btw, farming 500k gold to bid on a mount takes longer than 1-2 hours a week doing yogg+0. Or 100-200k to buy ashes than solo on 11 chars(in MoP) every week that takes no time to clear. Ashes got 2% drop chance, which means alot of people are gonna see it drop anyways in TK in MoP. Probably 5-10 people on each server every week.

---------- Post added 2012-05-14 at 06:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    Has to be placeholder items, at least things like ashes of al'ar. I mean, are they serious? :P
    I don't have it myself, but. It's already common enough, imagine how common it will be if they plan on selling it for gold.

So, let's say all those items are still there at release. What's the point of grinds, and rare drops then ?

And there will just be more goldseller spam now... meh.
    You don't seem to understand this feature along other people lacking common sense, or healthy braincells.

Here is how it works:

There will probably be 10-20 different mounts available through Black market, and only 1 at max at any time. Lets assume there will be 1 ever week, than we're talking 4 mounts a month and 44 mounts a year. You might think (Woah, 44 mounts?! thats alot) Well no, its not. You see if the mounts are 20, than there will be 2 of each mount a year. And on most servers there is atleast 1 drop of each mount a week. Plus farming the gold to buy that specific mount will take alot longer than to farm the raids over lets say, 50 times to get it to drop, assuming you're not "lucky" and not unlucky.

---------- Post added 2012-05-14 at 06:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xMexyragosX View Post
    Regarding this "Black Market AH" thing...
    I just want to clear something up.
    Ashes of Al'ar... the mount I farmed since TBC, and only JUST got it on my hunter about four months ago...
    Can be bought.

-_-

Blizzard, you're a fucking disgrace to the world. I fucking hate you, so much, and I hope you know that the onyl time I will play WoW is on private servers, where I don't have to give my money to assholes that screw me over after i actually WORK HARD for my shit.
    All that is left to be said is that Blizzard, you guys are fucking retards.

Regards, Mexyragos.
    You really worked hard on your ashes, I mean soloing Kael'thas or 2manning in Cata is so HARD BRO! Its like WTF, CANT...KILL..HIM...MUST...NEED....25....PEOPLE... no you know what? The people that would use 200k on ashes deserve it just as much as you. They wasted more time getting the 200k, they probably wasted lots of time on farming the mount(yeah RNG isnt on everyone's side). So they decided to stop relying on RNG and use their gold. I have ashes, and I don't mind it being on the auction house every month going for 100-200k, you know what? I don't even care even just alittle bit. It just shows how you people with special snowflake syndrome have big problems. PS you must be on a REALLY low populated server, because damn, I see like 5 ashes in orgrimmar everytime im there... -.-

Frankly I'm tired of farming mounts. I've been playing since Vanilla and have been farming mounts since I was at max level. I have 9 level 85's now and have yet to get Rivendare's mount, Anzu, Ashes, the Kara mount, Onyxia mount, etc etc etc. I have NEVER seen any of these drop once and have raided during the times their instances/raids were current content.

I've put the time and effort in. I'd rather just use the gold I've earned over that time to try and win one via AH.

The Black Market is just once again another way for Blizzard to control the gold surplus on toons. Now they have officially screwed over the great aspect of farming and collecting rare mounts, pets and etc. True they could just be placeholders, but this truly is the start of things to make everything easier for people to get. I've been playing since 2004 and am an avid mount collector, I put so much time and energy into collecting certain rare things, Ashes of Alar being one of them, to just see it handed over to people with gold, it makes me angry. Let me just say, its so easy to earn gold in WoW. You people who declared have put time in but havent received a mount, well here ya go, you just got all you wanted without anymore effort, EVER AGAIN. Fucking blizzard truly ruining the game and the last bit of looking original in it. If this comes to pass, I will cancel my account and never look back. Might as well just put all sorts of rare mounts on the Blizzard Store and make a killing their too. God the people whining how this is fair and just, you guys truly just want to be spoon fed. Well congrats, you just keep getting it. Time to look for something else to play that actually offers a challenge. Fucking collected 155 mounts so far and now its all being served on a fucking golden platter to idiots that either barely do anything in game or just collect gold. Flame away all you spoon fed babies, Flame away.

If tier 3 becomes available through the AH they destroy the last legacy items there are left in wow. If every AH farming, addon abusing zombie runs around in tier 3, ugh. Disgusting thought.
    Last edited by Farora; 2012-05-14 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Araton View Post
    ::rant::
    It's not like you are able to buy an Ashes (or whatever rare mount) for a set amount of gold. You still have to outbid everyone else.
    Like you said, 'its so easy to earn gold in WoW' so it's reasonable to think only the EXTREMELY rich (gold cap+) will even be able to participate in the market for the sought after items.

And please, if you have been an avid collector since '04, please go ahead and link your armory with Old School ride or Oct 2008 achievement dates for either ZG mounts, Ashes, Baron's, Anzu, Amani Warbear and/or Midnight. Or are you just another wannabe special snowflake like Mexy.
    Last edited by Solia; 2012-05-14 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    If tier 3 becomes available through the AH they destroy the last legacy items there are left in wow. If every AH farming, addon abusing zombie runs around in tier 3, ugh. Disgusting thought.
    You do know that if you want to buy the whole t3 set you have to spend about 1 000 000g? (Thats one million.) How many of your friends got that?

This gold sink is awesome, the rich bastards gets a way to get rid of all the gold, those who miss like 1 tier piece of t3 gets that last one (A friend of mine is missing shoulders...), and lets not forget those who have farmed the same raids since release to get that one special mount, but the RNG Gods hate the shit out of him...?

Well done Blizz, this was needed!

Oh and a last note: Buying mounts isn't something new, I see this daily "/2 LFM TK Mount run, mount reserved but you will roll for 100k g". So what's the big fuzz? An IRL mate of me have been selling FL and DS mounts the last few weeks aswell with his guild and taking 3-500k gold for it.

So stop whining you attention whores, I know for my self that I do not care about your flashy Ashes or t3 pieces, just vanity items anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Great d3 info, mop black market ah? No interest, wow is pay2win now while d3 is paid 2 win

Buy your raids, buy your mounts, buy your levels. Rip wow, was a great game, glad i got to play when it was epic.

Real money AH, a stupid idea that destoyed what was possibly a good game.

They lost one sale here.

Likely anyone who's psyched on a RMAH is already a slave to blizzard and was gonna buy the game no matter what so I doubt they gained many sales from this terrible idea only people with delusionns that they will make any real profit by being a basement dwelling social outcast.

Quote Originally Posted by VenomousCarnage View Post
    Likely anyone who's psyched on a RMAH is already a slave to blizzard and was gonna buy the game no matter what so I doubt they gained many sales from this terrible idea only people with delusionns that they will make any real profit by being a basement dwelling social outcast.
    I'm psyched at being able to keep up in the game (gearwise) without having to spend all that time I did back in D2 (back when I had the luxury of time.)
    Hell, given it's been 10+ years, I'm will to bet that many former D2 players are in the same boat.