Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Decent money is subjective.

The days of selling some ultra rare item for hundreds of dollars died out over a decade ago. Noone will become rich with the RMAH, and only very few die hard avid players will even make enough to dent their sub.
    When Injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty.

In theory what may happen is that you will establish a market where each region has thousands of traders working both sides of the AH. Gold will have some sort of intrinsic value because in order to get around the $250 cap per item you may see players instead opt to sell those uber rare items for ridiculous amounts of gold on the normal AH. Then you will get players who see an item listed for say $250 on the RMAH that they think may sell for the equivalent of $1000 in gold on the normal AH. There will be players who price items too low and the traders will attempt to arbitrage trade if they feel there is a profit to be made. Like any market, I suspect that D3 will have booms and busts, and some people trading the AH may take advantage of this by stockpiling any of the 3 commodities that make up the market (items/gold/money).
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Rawt View Post
    Decent money is subjective.

The days of selling some ultra rare item for hundreds of dollars died out over a decade ago. Noone will become rich with the RMAH, and only very few die hard avid players will even make enough to dent their sub.

You clearly didn't play the beta ... The most traded was the gold the mats ... EVERYONE can gain a few dollars by selling these at some points.
    Since the game SCREAMS gold in this game EVERYONE will be seduced to use the RMAH now and then.

Will everyone fall for that call of sirenes ?No on forums that number will be zero ... In reality that number may well be around 90% of players that at ONE time or more will say: f xx ck I need it.

So you're wrong. Everyone WILL use it AND sell AND buy at one point.

But that's not the main part: the most important part is that gear AND mats in this game will have a real counterpart money value. Something that will kill other mmo's ... Even in the short term.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-05-14 at 07:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    As for farming - farming inferno should be fairly profitable. Making BiS items for people, etc. HC RMAH is going to be VERY volatile.
    There isn't an RMAH for hardcore, only for softies. I guess Blizzard would be worried someone would drop $50 on a BiS item for a hardcore character, immediately die (karma, duh), and go commit seppuku with a butterknife or something.

You're right that any income to be made is going to be almost entirely from farming Inferno for crafting materials and other basic commodities like gems or other socketables. Income from selling actual items is going to be a very small percentage; who wants to dump $30 on a sword? But a couple of $3 transactions on stacks of powders for creating swords? Hell, that's less than it costs to eat out... Oh, and I only need one more fang thing for crafting, and it's only $1.25...

The real money's gonna be made through the nickel-and-dime operations, not the big sales.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Mazamaras View Post
    My plan is to just sell items to pay for my wowsub every month, which means I need to sell about 10 things are £1.15 each.
    That will be no problem.

Just be sure to sell it in quantities worth 1.15. That may take 10 hours or 20 hours , no one knows. See the post above this, he came to the same conclusion as I did.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-05-14 at 07:23 AM.

I imagine it'll be hard to make any decent money. But then again you never know. Paying 2-3bucks for an upgrade your frustrated about isn't that bad. So if you play a lot you might be able to make a little money

I wonder if this will kill the gold auction house. I mean why sell things for gold when you can sell them for cash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    I wonder if this will kill the gold auction house. I mean why sell things for gold when you can sell them for cash.
    There will be a lot more buyers at the gold AH. The RMAH will almost certainly be flooded with sellers for the first few months, everyone thinking they can strike it rich and make $50,000 a year by playing video games.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    There will be a lot more buyers at the gold AH. The RMAH will almost certainly be flooded with sellers for the first few months, everyone thinking they can strike it rich and make $50,000 a year by playing video games.
    And then there will be those that sell on the Gold AH and later sell the gold on the RMAH in small packages of 1.5 dollars ...

See the picture already. The only thing that no one can say is ... how much stacks of mats you can sell for that price?

10, 20, 50 or 200 mats ... no one can say.

Everyone will know within 3 weeks ...
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-05-14 at 07:32 AM.

Well they've certainly managed to drown this neat idea in technical issues.

Methinks the whole "simple payments" model hasn't quite got traction over at Bliz yet

I'm talking about the currency conversion issues, the inflexibility on paypal<->battle.net, and the nearly total (current) uselessness of your battle.net balance anyway.

I think their commission structure is a bit rich too, but that's a grumble more than a operational flaw.

Deleted
    Just noticed we have two identical topics sitting right next to each other on the first page, so I'm going to close this one in lieu of the slightly older one.. you can carry on the discussion here - http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ney-off-the-AH