Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerom View Post
    Did anyone of you noticed in the DEs where you need to gather stuff if the items are instanced or are we competing for the items? I got the impression that we were fighting each other, running for the same flower or ore (DE objective item not gathering node). It really needs to be changed.

Except for that tiny little issue it felt wonderful to help and be helped by others (if only scaling would have worked properly - too much scaling and you just get jumped by overspawning mobs while there is a bunch of people somewhere or under scaling when skill challenges become trivial). This kind of sense of togetherness even after a single BWE makes it very hard for me to play any other MMO - " RUN! FASTER! there is somebody else doing this quest and we would have to wait X minutes for the mob to respawn" or "shoosh, go away,I am getting less xp because of you".
    in most of those DE's there were other methods of progression

the bunny one in the norn area for example you could help people running the food by scaring bunnies
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Did anyone of you noticed in the DEs where you need to gather stuff if the items are instanced or are we competing for the items? I got the impression that we were fighting each other, running for the same flower or ore (DE objective item not gathering node). It really needs to be changed.
    It did seem that we competed for items. There was an apple orchard plagued by spiders and some kind of bat where you'd hit a tree and apples would fall to the ground for you to collect for the Renown Heart guy, and I noticed other people picking up "my" apples.

I will admit, it's something I hope they work on, but it didn't seem to be a major problem, since apple-gathering wasn't the only method of progressing that heart. This means that I could easily whack a tree for somebody else who wants to gather apples, while I work on fighting off the spiders for them, for example. That's cooperation right there.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

You are confusing heart events and DEs, bunny was heart (rep) event, collecting yeti pelts was a DE with no other objectives and what about the one with collecting underwater flowers in Norn area, or the one that after you destroyed the machines in the mine you have to collect or, or the one where you need to gather ice shards?

10+ Year Old Account
    Gathering DEs didn't work any differently from Renown Hearts. Often a gathering DE required you to kill a mob and loot the items you were gathering from those mobs, (In fact, in the same Renown Heart I'm talking about, spiders did sometimes drop apples), so you didn't have to compete for them.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

From my experience of the last BWE You are mistaken, static events like heart events, are not affected by other players - it's you and your progress by with multiple objectives. You can go at your own paste and it's minor issue if other player "steal" possible objective. Perhaps that was just a beta things and will be changed.

Gathering dynamic events are driven by player participation and in majority of cases have a single objective to get item X, usually item X just spawns on the ground or you have to fight mob Y that drops item X (A bad execution example is ice shards fighting the mob drops the item and ANYbody can loot it effectively stealing all your hard work). Either way it is counter productive and rather to trying to complete the event quickly you are racing other players to the quest items so that you could get gold medal in time.

Can't wait for ppl actually being happy to see you and grateful for any help. The whole competitive nature of most MMOs is just so...blurgh.
    My character will be chaotic good and run around, particularly in WvW, helping out.

I can see it being quite easy to meet a lot of great ppl in this game. Shucks...maybe I'll make a real friend xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Shucks...maybe I'll make a real friend xD
    hi there! its glytch
    The Original Ganksta

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    hi there! its glytch
    I never see u online anymore :'(

10+ Year Old Account
    I never see u online anymore :'(
    i could say the same for you
    The Original Ganksta

i could say the same for you
    Except that I lied, appear offline all the time and in fact always see you!

Yh...but no. I was offline for about a week with ppl visiting and stealing my gw time.
    Don't worry, we can hang in the next bwe

10+ Year Old Account
    Except that I lied, appear offline all the time and in fact always see you!

Yh...but no. I was offline for about a week with ppl visiting and stealing my gw time.
    Don't worry, we can hang in the next bwe
    u has a lvl 30 y/n?
    The Original Ganksta

u has a lvl 30 y/n?
    We don't know yet whether the chars from BWE1 will be in BWE2...it's only confirmed for the stress test so far.
    But anyway. I won't see u in that.
    So yh, go have fun with ur lvl 30 friends. I don't care!

/sob

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't know yet whether the chars from BWE1 will be in BWE2...it's only confirmed for the stress test so far.
    But anyway. I won't see u in that.
    So yh, go have fun with ur lvl 30 friends. I don't care!

/sob
    so emotional
    The Original Ganksta

so emotional
    Nah it's cool. Imma just chill in a starter area or 2 anywayz

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah it's cool. Imma just chill in a starter area or 2 anywayz
    still frindz y/n?
    The Original Ganksta

still frindz y/n?
    Depends what a frind is o.0

10+ Year Old Account
    From my experience of the last BWE You are mistaken
    Back at you. /gasp

@discussion between Squirrel/Glytch -
    Unfortunately, my highest level from BWE1 is 20. So I'm probably not going to experience dungeons until BWE2 at best, which may be this weekend anyways. I'll probably spend the stress test leveling more to experience more areas (maybe get a better feel for the Norn and Charr areas) or else run off to Godslost Swamp... and let come what may.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Back at you. /gasp

@discussion between Squirrel/Glytch -
    Unfortunately, my highest level from BWE1 is 20. So I'm probably not going to experience dungeons until BWE2 at best, which may be this weekend anyways. I'll probably spend the stress test leveling more to experience more areas (maybe get a better feel for the Norn and Charr areas) or else run off to Godslost Swamp... and let come what may.
    you could test thief stuff in pvp
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    I got the impression that we were fighting each other, running for the same flower or ore (DE objective item not gathering node). It really needs to be changed.
    As it stands, as long as you're participating you'll get an equal reward regardless of who hands in the most items. It's one reason I disagree with the people that complain that getting "gold" participation is too easy. If you make the reward dependant on how many hand ins you preform, you make the event competitive and ruin the good will between players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    It's one reason I disagree with the people that complain that getting "gold" participation is too easy.
    It is too easy for certain events. A lot of the time I only got off one attack on some kind of "Invading centaur, defend the camp!" type of event, and would get a gold medal from that one aoe attack that didn't do any worthwhile damage.

I'd heard that there were even people in BWE1 intentionally trolling people by standing near a DE, doing minimal amounts of damage, and then backing off to watch lone players die.